The Weeknd: The Official Thread

Pazzy

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The weeknd doses his shyt in reverb, thats what makes his voice airy.

Then he fixes the missing notes with either Melodyne or Auto-tune.

If you listen to his old shyt, you would notice he is not really hittin notes, but rather harmonizing and oohh and ahhing.

Thats cuz back then they was jus using basic reverb and auto-tune. Now that he got money and a stronger engineering squad you can hear the difference in his voice, with the all the high notes, mike jacks impressions and all :skip:

Homie cant sing, his engineering team is BEASTMODE tho :wow:

which is why i can't understand how there's damn near 700 posts of people saying that he can. dude can't sing and you can hear how shakey his voice sounds. dude CANNOT hold a note to save his life.

jaydolf spitler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Florida
which is why i can't understand how there's damn near 700 posts of people saying that he can. dude can't sing and you can hear how shakey his voice sounds. dude CANNOT hold a note to save his life.

I think the shakiness is what makes his shyt so dope. Maybe it's not seen in a positive light in the traditional singing sense but i dont really care for traditional stuff. His engineers are beasts tho i agree with u on that

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I don't even want to see this thread up if the track isn't here, this could be as ill as 'Nomads', I hope there is enough for at least a 2:30 min French Montana free version, I hope Weeknd is saving some of this fire for the album, this shyt is too nice to be wasted on generic, cliche riddled verse, with the laziest, uninspired flow I've heard this side of Mac Miller.

Shaman

Poet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
QC
Abel bout to feed the streets :ohlawd:

c147225f36009bc626b91f311c5ebcb2.gif