The Weeknd: The Official Thread

iMajor

MartinLouisTheKingJr
Daps
Reppin
shutter island
I was supposed to go see him in LA again this weekend. Finally listened to the the triliogy been on repeat for the last 48hrs

zoo

★★★★★
Daps
re-verb....he used autotune on those noise tracks...clear as daylight

The re-verb wouldn't fix him missing notes though, and yeah some of the Noise tracks are blatant.

Probably naive to think his voice is as good live as it is on the CD

Daps
The re-verb wouldn't fix him missing notes though, and yeah some of the Noise tracks are blatant.

terribly naive..but i admit that I once believed it too..

tracks like Coming down and rolling stone was what i used to claim that he could actually sing....i was wrong :ohlawd:

Rominati

Legendary Poster
Daps

The weeknd doses his shyt in reverb, thats what makes his voice airy.

Then he fixes the missing notes with either Melodyne or Auto-tune.

If you listen to his old shyt, you would notice he is not really hittin notes, but rather harmonizing and oohh and ahhing.

Thats cuz back then they was jus using basic reverb and auto-tune. Now that he got money and a stronger engineering squad you can hear the difference in his voice, with the all the high notes, mike jacks impressions and all :skip:

Homie cant sing, his engineering team is BEASTMODE tho :wow:

Da King

Veteran
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
:ahh: pretty good performance.. one of my favorite tracks

Obviously his live vocals still don't match up to the studio ones, when he was first out his team was regularly saying he doesn't use auto-tune etc. Is it studio magic or what?

I've seen several live performaces of this dude singing and everytime I'm like :dafuk: then I got to listen to his album right after to wash the shyt from my ears

dude is talented bu he obviously as his voice enhanced like a mutha fukkka in the studio

he should give his producers and engineers half his earnings

zoo

★★★★★
Daps
The weeknd doses his shyt in reverb, thats what makes his voice airy.

Then he fixes the missing notes with either Melodyne or Auto-tune.

If you listen to his old shyt, you would notice he is not really hittin notes, but rather harmonizing and oohh and ahhing.

Thats cuz back then they was jus using basic reverb and auto-tune. Now that he got money and a stronger engineering squad you can hear the difference in his voice, with the all the high notes, mike jacks impressions and all :skip:

Homie cant sing, his engineering team is BEASTMODE tho :wow:

Don't tell me the MJ impression on Valerie is studio trickery :to:

Daps
i cant lie..his melody/harmony/voice control >>>>>>>>

thats what makes him able to make those With you's and Oh you's sound great on The Party and the After Party...mix that with the overpowering sonic beats and the amazing arrangement and you have :jawalrus:

take in rolling stone for example, before he sings I got you, he has to rearrange his whole voice, because if he just tried to "sing" but until then..i got you... it would have sounded garbo

zoo

★★★★★
Daps
nah its harmonizing breh...you can do that right now..even if you cant sing.

like i love you ( ooohoh oooooh oohhho)(

It's more the strength of his voice.. from 1:17 onwards, never heard him sing live with that power in his voice

I want to believe it's real :sadcam:

Last edited by a moderator:

zoo

★★★★★
Daps
i cant lie..his melody/harmony/voice control >>>>>>>>

thats what makes him able to make those With you's and Oh you's sound great on The Party and the After Party...mix that with the overpowering sonic beats and the amazing arrangement and you have :jawalrus:

take in rolling stone for example, before he sings I got you, he has to rearrange his whole voice, because if he just tried to "sing" but until then..i got you... it would have sounded garbo

i vowed never to listen to the nikka...I actually think as mowgli reffered to,, it's demonic.so I won't know what you're referring to :ld:

:sitdown: admit it breh breh

Daps
:sitdown: admit it breh breh

I'm dead ass serious b..I had to stop fukking with this nikka.. I never believed in this illuminati conspiracy sheet, but this neega's music is clearly some hypnotic sheet..like literally b

ive never experienced anything like it in any artist, genre in music in my entire life

zoo

★★★★★
Daps
I'm dead ass serious b..I had to stop fukking with this nikka.. I never believed in this illuminati conspiracy sheet, but this neega's music is clearly some hypnotic sheet..like literally b

ive never experienced anything like it in any artist, genre in music in my entire life

Brain washing you to take drugs and fukk coked up white chicks?

Daps
Brain washing you to take drugs and fukk coked up white chicks?

nah my neega....its not even that
It;s just the trance like nature of the music bro..No one can make this much quality of music in such a short time about such fukked up subject matter without being able to sing but being able to sound like they can sing.

The music is addictive as a drug and the marketing for it has been perfect to a T from before the man was even known..

something doesn't add up..