The Weeknd: The Official Thread

Daps
he fukked up Dirty Diana no matter what anyone says...The fukk did he think he was doing?

first mixtape was aight because it was different but other than that havent felt much of his stuff

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
Where is this dude? Is he working on album?

I had to delete Thursday, shyt was getting no play. HOB is cool but its old. And now he is selling these mixtapes for retail? :rudy:

Has he dropped anything new since "Crew Love"?

His buzz is kinda :deadrose:

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Loved 'House of Balloons' on first listen, last year, didn't think it was flawless, but the standouts were unbelievably good. At first, I kinda thought 'HOB' was his only good work, didn't like 'Thursday', or 'Echoes Of Silence' at first. But, they both grew a lot on me, now I fukk with all three, I can't wait for anything else dude releases, mixtape, lp, song, whatever.

We Major

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
As much as I love the music, I've no complaints about that.

I did prefer when there was some mystery to him, when he didn't tweet so much etc.

zoo

★★★★★
Daps
As much as I love the music, I've no complaints about that.

I did prefer when there was some mystery to him, when he didn't tweet so much etc.

The tweets about Call of Duty and other run of the mill shyt did kinda tarnish his image... :ld:

We Major

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
The tweets about Call of Duty and other run of the mill shyt did kinda tarnish his image... :ld:

I guess he's moving on from the whole mystery and persona of the trilogy series. What he was doing back then kinda fitted well with the music etc.

His next move will be interesting, whether he sticks to his sound or not.

zoo

★★★★★
Daps
kinda hard to be mysterious when you're touring all over the world

Not really. Just do your songs and don't talk to the audience, don't tweet mundane shyt about your life, avoid photographs, etc.

Rominati

Legendary Poster
Daps
The mystery shyt was cool. But his persona now is still dope enough to supplement the music. He doesnt come off as a lame or anything. Its just that now we have some insight to who he is, rather than him being a complete question mark.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
he fukked up Dirty Diana no matter what anyone says...The fukk did he think he was doing?

first mixtape was aight because it was different but other than that havent felt much of his stuff

What exactly was wrong about the song?

Oh no, The Weeknd is human. This lessens the music

:childplease:

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Its good that hes back with Doc. EOS was kinda disappointing, esp with those ballads at the end. Needs that drugged out, tip hop/trance sound like on HOB again