The Weekend Box Office thread

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
i see ex machina commercials everyday and it aint doing numbers. is it a good movie brehs?

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
i see ex machina commercials everyday and it aint doing numbers. is it a good movie brehs?
Its an Indie film breh. It did well enough to expand twice to more theaters. Made double its budget and still has the upcoming home release.

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me
jurassic world crushed the buildings brehs

Box Office: 'Jurassic World' Bites Off Record $511.8 Million Worldwide Bow

http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottme...rld-scores-near-record-204-5-million-weekend/
he cant lose :wow:

chris-pratt-celebrating.gif

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
i like that mendelson mentioned the star power vs pre-ordained blockbuster debate that we've had on here in the article.

you gotta start to wonder though :leon:

@TheGodling

It's obvious that Pratt's star power pushed the movie past 200 million.:troll:

But seriously, every IMAX showing as far as I've checked over the past weekend here was completely sold out and I really don't believe that happened just because it's Jurassic Park.

Anyway, I guess it's safe to bet $250 million for Star Wars?

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
It's obvious that Pratt's star power pushed the movie past 200 million.:troll:

But seriously, every IMAX showing as far as I've checked over the past weekend here was completely sold out and I really don't believe that happened just because it's Jurassic Park.

Oddly I forgot he was even in the flick for what the first 20 or 30 min til he showed up.

I was just happy to be at the park and see dinosaurs.

Star wars might do 300

Bobhoward

Baseball Ready
Daps
I'm honestly shocked at those Jurassic World numbers.

I had a few people over the last few weeks say "yeah Im excited for Jurassic World" or whatever and I'd reply back "I think it looks like garbage". Theyd pretty much all say "yeah but I want to see it anyway". Guess that's all it takes

I'm curious to see how this plays out for Terminator Genesis. It's basically the same formula. A beloved franchise, followed by bad sequels that's selling itself as recapturing the magic of the T1/T2. It opens against Magic Mike which is gonna split audiences and it doesn't have the same family friendliness as Jurassic World so we'll see I guess

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I'm honestly shocked at those Jurassic World numbers.

I had a few people over the last few weeks say "yeah Im excited for Jurassic World" or whatever and I'd reply back "I think it looks like garbage". Theyd pretty much all say "yeah but I want to see it anyway". Guess that's all it takes

I'm curious to see how this plays out for Terminator Genesis. It's basically the same formula. A beloved franchise, followed by bad sequels that's selling itself as recapturing the magic of the T1/T2. It opens against Magic Mike which is gonna split audiences and it doesn't have the same family friendliness as Jurassic World so we'll see I guess
also similar with Terminator is how they are basically saying to disregard the last few sequels

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
I don't think Terminator will do nearly as well as Jurassic Park, I guess people were hungry for another dinosaur flick and it had been awhile since the last movie.

Still those numbers are :wow:

wise prophet

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Crazy numbers

Nah, the movies debuting near Christmas (like a week before?) and the biggest Decemeber opening is like 85 million. Star Wars will crush that but I'm guessing it opens at like 170 million but will have insane legs

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
I don't think Terminator will do nearly as well as Jurassic Park, I guess people were hungry for another dinosaur flick and it had been awhile since the last movie.

Still those numbers are :wow:
It was perfect timing for a new JP. Terminator ain't gonna sniff those #s and might possibly underperform.