The way Snowfall was SNUBBED was due to RACISM. It was BETTER than Breaking Bad in EVERY REGARD.

RhymesWell

All Star
Daps
I'd agree with it being better than BB if not for that terrible second to last season. The whole tiger thing etc. It was getting really bad but Franklin and Unc were carrying the show at that point. They ended it phenomenally though minus the random ass inclusion of the new gf. That was annoying because they should've showed more of the development of her and Franklin's relationship

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No, that's when people caught onto it. They're different shows. Overall, breaking bad was better. Not by much. I watched breaking bad almost from the very beginning. Watched on demand and every replay, long before ever doing a rewatch, and I've done multiple. Definitely was better if you watched it live. Great show regardless.

Snowfall was a great show. I watched it the whole first run through as well. Have done a rewatch.

Breaking bad is the better show.

And depending on the day, better call Saul is better than breaking bad.
Only people saying the show didn't get good until season 3 or 4 were the same people complaining about episodes being boring/filler unless there was a shootout or explosion.

Don Jesus

All Star
Daps
Snowfall Seasons 1 to 3 were good

4 started off good, fell off in the middle

5 is complete garbage and was filler

6 was back to Season 4 level

Like other black crime shows, it’ll never touch The Wire at all in any capacity

• Turning Franklin into John Wick was corny

• The Tiger storyline was retarded

• Show was too afraid of killing off characters. Franklin’s crew realistically would have been torn to pieces in Season 4

• Didn’t properly capture the true horrific landscape of 80s LA

• Kane was a boring villain that didn’t serve a purpose

• Leon should have turned into a crackhead after killing the little girl

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
Two overrated shows imo. Not sure I rank one clearly better than the other. This board is mostly cacs so I get the love for Breaking Bad. For damn near any negative comment you can make for Snowfall I can make for Breaking Bad. Can't bring up the tiger episode without bringing up the fly episode etc.. I will say Snowfall was a bit more realistic and at least cops existed. Breaking Bad required a suspension of belief a lot of the time and there were basically no cop presence outside of Hank.

Token Moltisanti

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South Central
The thing I find most interesting when people call shows like snowfall or breaking bad “trash”, is what shows are considered good to you? Yeah the wire and sopranos are the best ever but a show can still be great and not touch those levels. A lot of shyt on tv is boring, these two shows we are discussing were rarely ever boring and that should count for something.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Can't bring up the tiger episode without bringing up the fly episode etc..
There's a big difference between BB having a bottle episode and Snowfall having an episode centered on the two main characters being trapped in a cage where they're being threatened to be eaten by a tiger and said tiger prowling the streets of LA and attacking the guys about to kill the two main characters.

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
There's a big difference between BB having a bottle episode and Snowfall having an episode centered on the two main characters being trapped in a cage where they're being threatened to be eaten by a tiger and said tiger prowling the streets of LA and attacking the guys about to kill the two main characters.
Maybe to you. I found both episodes utterly ridiculous.

Marlow Stanfield

Superstar
Daps
:mjlol: :mjlol: :mjlol:
OP is bushed for a reason.

Snowfall was aight. Definitely not on the same tier with Breaking Bad, The Wire, The Sopranos, Succession, etc. It is, however, on the same tier as Power. Which is cool :francis:

Last edited: