The Washington Post is going after black men

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Are Black men really the most progressive of men in the country? Or do we just vote Democrat?
Gay marriage might be like the one issue where we are not. And once it is framed in civil rights terms i.e. that law in Indiana (I believe) a few years that basically sought to deny service to same-sex couples, we come around. But we vote Democratic at a higher rate than any other male group and support every liberal platform at a higher rate than anyone else. And when things like women in leadership positions are polled, black men always rate the highest in support for it. We aren't the problem.

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Gay marriage might be like the one issue where we are not. And once it is framed in civil rights terms i.e. that law in Indiana (I believe) a few years that basically sought to deny service to same-sex couples, we come around. But we vote Democratic at a higher rate than any other male group and support every liberal platform at a higher rate than anyone else. And when things like women in leadership positions are polled, black men always rate the highest in support for it. We aren't the problem.

Respectfully I disagree. We didn't "come around", we just did what we traditionally have always done. Vote Democrat. Most Black voters I've found really can't articulate why they do so beyond a very rudimentary explanation. As Black men we're not pro-homosexual, definitely not pro gay marriage. At the most we take a hands off approach like," thats between them and their god ." :usure::hubie: Which is more Libertarian than Progressive I'd say. And Lord knows the current Libertarian train of thought is a pipeline to hard right viewpoints. I'm not on same page as Deray.

You already know how most Black men feel about trannys as well. We dont have a problem with guns and in fact are purchasing more firearms than ever and starting gun clubs. We view illegal immigrants with suspicion as it does affect us economically. It affects us socially as well. One only need look at California.

Black men are without a doubt pro-patriarchy and in fact blame some of the problems with our young men as the result of the lack of strong men heading the family.

We can go on, but really in consideration of what I listed its obvious for the most part "the issues" aren't why we vote blue. It has more to do with how we've traditionally voted since the Civil Rights movement and reinforced by things like the Southern Strategy and similar. We're not progressive for the most part.

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
These fakkits and feminist in here act like Gillum didn't even deserve to win the election, hence no outrage from these feminist beat-writers.

Hey @Matt504 and @Thomas youre just going to ignore the facts of 20 percent of bw voting for a white man who called a black man a monkey or you going to say bubububu that's not true?

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
These fakkits and feminist in here act like Gillum didn't even deserve to win the election, hence no outrage from these feminist beat-writers.

Hey @Matt504 and @Thomas youre just going to ignore the facts of 20 percent of bw voting for a white man who called a black man a monkey or you going to say bubububu that's not true?

Maybe you're onto something here, what's the point of having separate threads for different topics, why not just make one big thread instead?

:ohhh:

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Respectfully I disagree. We didn't "come around", we just did what we traditionally have always done. Vote Democrat. Most Black voters I've found really can't articulate why they do so beyond a very rudimentary explanation.
This is not fully true. Polling on that issue had most religious black folks against it and then once the PR campaign started and we found out they were denying the LGBT folks the right to eat at establishments and shyt it flipped to like 70% in opposition to the law. Black people generally don't give a fukk what gay people do. The idea that most black men are not progressives is ignorant as fukk my friend. Most black people are progressive because of what is defined in political science as the "black utility heuristic." One would expect that as one goes up in income that black people would start to vote more conservative (and there are some instances of a well to do black person voting a lot like a white liberal democrat vs. like a poor black person), but generally speaking black people continue to vote the same regardless of income because we believe in a shared destiny.

Saying, black people, are not progressive when we are the most liberal voting block on everything but gay marriage is pretty out there. And civil rights legislation is progressive by definition.

Last edited:

You Win Perfect

bow down
Daps
Lmao this who wrote the article
Vanessa Williams (@WaPoVanessa) on Twitter
imrs.php
/thread
between her and that metoo krs one look alike. i can see why they mad

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Are Black men really the most progressive of men in the country? Or do we just vote Democrat?

Black men are some of the most conservative people in this country. Always have been. There seems to be some confusion with who they vote for with their actual positions on issues.

Black men vote for people that represent their interest just like White men do. The Democrats (and before them the Republicans) push positions to bring about reforms and economic progress for Black people, so Black men usually vote in that direction. However, what very few people seem to grasp is that Black don't agree with a lot of the bullshyt social platform pushed by White people. As a Black man I don't have to agree with their bullshyt and furthermore I say fukk them, but I like many Black men have resolved it by saying live and let live.

Individually though when Black men are questioned people learn that Black men are actually quite conservative on most social issues, but they typically don't care if it doesn't impact them personally. That is the part that drives feminists (both Black and White) crazy, because they discovered that Black men actually think for themselves.

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

That is because homos and feminists are one issue voters. Just one. They want equal rights for their aberrant lifestyles to be recognized.

Meanwhile the Black men are more nuanced in their positions and how they vote, which is why the homos and feminists detest Black men.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
here's a close approximate:

:francis:

I'm not even kidding about this. Black men are moving right of center, cutting their very noses to spite Black women. The only real difference between white red-pillers and many of the Black male posters here is the choice of language used to describe themselves and even that's beginning to converge.
After seeing how nikkas defended R. Kelly, I don't know how women are not pissed at the collective.

Daps
Reppin
Midwest/East Coast/Tx (Now in Canada)
After seeing how nikkas defended R. Kelly, I don't know how women are not pissed at the collective.
After seeing how women supported (#nopromo:pedophile) financially, and defended him en masse at his recent birthday parties, plus being the majority attendants at his shows from rape video to now...I don't know how women are not checking their damn selves instead of playing "blame a nikka" games. What are YOU doing? The majority of black men did not defend pedophile. Something wrong with y'all...You lock in to a weirdo or two and somehow that makes everybody complicit. You introduce "keeping that same energy with cacs" into the convo and y'all say that's defending the pedo, while we all call the nikka sick...:mindblown:

:stopitslime:
Stop purity testing, shyt is weak.
:cape:for the downfall of black men, trying to "look right".

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
After seeing how women supported (#nopromo:pedophile) financially, and defended him en masse at his recent birthday parties, plus being the majority attendants at his shows from rape video to now...I don't know how women are not checking their damn selves instead of playing "blame a nikka" games. What are YOU doing? The majority of black men did not defend pedophile. Something wrong with y'all...You lock in to a weirdo or two and somehow that makes everybody complicit. You introduce "keeping that same energy with cacs" into the convo and y'all say that's defending the pedo, while we all call the nikka sick...:mindblown:

:stopitslime:
Stop purity testing, shyt is weak.
:cape:for the downfall of black men, trying to "look right".
Yall keep talking about BW defending R. Kelly. Most of the people I hear talking about it are nikkas. Most BW want that nikka canned. Just cause he still got some BW support don't mean all BW fukk with him. As far as BM, it's hard to tell. All of the sensible ones don't. That's the only thing I see

How is wanting to see a pos like Kells locked up the downfall of BM. The downfall of BM been started if you defending R. Kelly in the first place

Daps
Reppin
Midwest/East Coast/Tx (Now in Canada)
Yall keep talking about BW defending R. Kelly. Most of the people I hear talking about it are nikkas. Most BW want that nikka canned. Just cause he still got some BW support don't mean all BW fukk with him. As far as BM, it's hard to tell. All of the sensible ones don't. That's the only thing I see

How is wanting to see a pos like Kells locked up the downfall of BM. The downfall of BM been started if you defending R. Kelly in the first place
Men lie
Women lie
Footage doesn't.

You've heard "mostly nikkas" because that's what you wanna hear.
:mjpls:
I'll let the audio-visuals speak over your personal anecdote.
What has more value?
:jbhmm:
Yeah.
Stop hopping on that stupid canard "how is wanting to see pedo locked up = (insert your own fallacious comparison)"
nikka stop it. Nobody's having that convo or making that comparison but you. SUPER BASIC. Do better.