The Vince Staples Show - TV Series (Netflix/Produced by Kenya Barris & Vince Staples/Feb 15th)

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
But there's definitely a market for more understated and cerebral Black humor, which I personally think should continue to be explored.

I truly wonder if there is.

Subtlety is a rare commodity in art/mass media generally, and Black art specifically.

I live for the stuff, but if I had to make a living doing that, I'd starve.

FeverPitch2

Superstar
Daps

Subtlety is a rare commodity in art/mass media generally, and Black art specifically.

If there wasn't Atlanta wouldn't have become the cultural phenomenon that it was.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Really good show that could become great.
Similar to Atlanta but so fukking what.
Since we're used to it, a lot of us don't realize how surreal inner city Black life truly is and how bizarre some of the people in the hood actually are.
A lot of us like our humor really broad, slapstick, and silly (Wayans family, Martin), so those people wont like it.

But there's definitely a market for more understated and cerebral Black humor, which I personally think should continue to be explored.
Sometimes Atlanta tired too hard to be weird. If Vince reigns it in, he can avoid that trap.
The show suffered when he chased that (theme park and finale eps).

Vanessa Bell Calloway was brilliant as his mama. Ol boy who was robbing the bank was killin it, too.
Definitely want to see more.

If there wasn't Atlanta wouldn't have become the cultural phenomenon that it was.

There’s room for Atlanta, SouthSide and this show

Those shows or any show after Atlanta shouldn’t be so hardly put up against it

Urbanmiracle

Brooklyn the planet...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn son
I mean I think there’s a space for shows like Atlanta and this to exist. There’s also a lesser known show in the same vein called Flatbush Misdemeanors which is like “Atlanta” but in Brooklyn. Each has their own style and flavor. This was funny to me. The bank scene, the argument at the theme park, the beginning of the family reunion ep all gold. Hope he gets another season to expand on this