disney-vhs-movies.jpg

:mjcry:

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's not about convenience breh its about discovery. It's the idea of having to get off your ass, go to a store, and just walk the aisles and sometimes have no clue what you were getting. There's a thrill to that shyt as opposed to going through netflix or amazon or hulu and seeing ratings next to stuff and having them suggests stuff for you. In a video store, I'd get suggestions if I asked but for the most part, it was me on my own with nothing but a box to look at and hope I picked a winner. The one click shyt is cool but I'd argue it makes us less adventurous, less social, and leads to us all becoming the borg. A freaking hive mind with no original thought

Also, there are a lot of gems that aren't even available on blu or digital yet, especially if you're into horror.

Well said my brother.REPPED!

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's how I used to be with CD's. The cover was dope? Buying it. The name caught me? Buying it.

And forget if someone I fukked with was on it. I had to be like 7 or 8 when Hard Knock Life dropped. Didn't even know hip-hop like that, but I was an X stan. Had me singing out, "Money, Cash, ," around my parents.

Damn.....7 or 8 in 98?....I was 14.

75 Others

Stop it Skeeeyyyuuup
Daps
Friday, New Jack City, and for some strange reason Ghost (fukking right I liked that movie) were the most watched movies for me during the VHS era :ehh:

DonDiego

Banned
Daps
What about when u think u gonna watch a movie and that blue screen pop up. Uncle ran in the room as soon as he heard the music..:russ:

DonDiego

Banned
Daps
Taking the tape off the bottom of a new video was satisfying as a bytch. Then they came out with that separate rewinder change up shyt.

That Jurassic Park though

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Yup, going to a store and talking to a dude who was a poor man's Roger Ebert asking him what's a good action movie and he'd give you some ish you've never heard or seen of before.

It's not about convenience breh its about discovery. It's the idea of having to get off your ass, go to a store, and just walk the aisles and sometimes have no clue what you were getting. There's a thrill to that shyt as opposed to going through netflix or amazon or hulu and seeing ratings next to stuff and having them suggests stuff for you. In a video store, I'd get suggestions if I asked but for the most part, it was me on my own with nothing but a box to look at and hope I picked a winner. The one click shyt is cool but I'd argue it makes us less adventurous, less social, and leads to us all becoming the borg. A freaking hive mind with no original thought

Also, there are a lot of gems that aren't even available on blu or digital yet, especially if you're into horror.

DonDiego

Banned
Daps
I couldn't understand y all these old dudes was going behind that curtained off section. Until I went with a cousin and said f it I ran back there we got put out of block buster that day