The Umbrella Academy - Season 2 (7.31.20/Official Thread)

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
I don't know if it was changed for the show, but Diego's ability in the comics is being able to hold is breath for an unspecified amount of time. the thing with the daggers is nothing out of the ordinary outside of him being extremely good with them (not a power, per se), that's how it is in the comics.
Yeah I already mentioned all this.

In the TV show they do more impressive and supernatural shyt with the daggers to make him look more superhuman on par with the others. But I literally just got a batman vibe from him off a few episodes in.

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
I don't know if it was changed for the show, but Diego's ability in the comics is being able to hold is breath for an unspecified amount of time. the thing with the daggers is nothing out of the ordinary outside of him being extremely good with them (not a power, per se), that's how it is in the comics.
Sounds like a lame power. Glad they made him into a spanish ninja.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Interesting show but man they wasted the potential with the characters they had on here with shytty writing. For them to be a team they sure as hell refuse to communicate with one another. No wonder their father stayed on their asses. The kid playing Number 5 is fantastic and its almost embarrassing how great of an actor he is compared to everyone else. Ellen Page is playing Ellen Page but I saw that shyt coming 2-3 episodes before it was revealed. Who didnt know that Harold paid off the goons just to let Vanya show off her power. There just wasn't anything that surprised me with this show plot wise.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Man, I liked this shyt. I didn’t love it, but I wanted to. Number One also might be the worst leader ever. :snoop:

I'm also super tired of the incest angle in TV shows and movies. :martin:
I didn’t care because they were literally all orphans.

If you grew up in an orphanage or group home shyt happens. They called each othe “brothers and sisters” when they were really just people who had a close bond.. like childhood friends/frenemys.

In the comic, Diego had a thing for Vonya too

EQ.

Mansur Brown - "Heiwa"
Daps
Reppin
Sunhymns
So couple things.

Is the pops is an alien/ from a different planet? So he let out those spirits and I'm guessing those are things that inhabited those women to make em give birth years later. Also the narrator said 43 kids were born on that date and he only managed to get 7? Why did he stop looking for more? He mentioned the 1st class of the Umbrella Academy, I assume he meant to get more of them.

Also we see him flying into Russia in a spacecraft, why didn't we see more of his tech? :jbhmm:

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
Interesting show but man they wasted the potential with the characters they had on here with shytty writing. For them to be a team they sure as hell refuse to communicate with one another. No wonder their father stayed on their asses. The kid playing Number 5 is fantastic and its almost embarrassing how great of an actor he is compared to everyone else. Ellen Page is playing Ellen Page but I saw that shyt coming 2-3 episodes before it was revealed. Who didnt know that Harold paid off the goons just to let Vanya show off her power. There just wasn't anything that surprised me with this show plot wise.
:gucci:

but yeah the plot was predictable. they managed to make it very entertaining however

Phantum

The Charisma of the Streets
Daps
Just finished the series and it was really enjoyable. Might check out the comic too.