The Umbrella Academy - Season 2 (7.31.20/Official Thread)

Daps
thats weak though

whole first season she was trying to put harold in check, she could have pulled up on him and pressed him on some “tell me who you really are and dont lie :ufdup:

when mary j and bigman came through to the family crib to whoop ass, she didn’t even have the decency to tell them off and luther damn near got his shyt booked

the part that gets me tight is nobody ever even mentions how she refuses to buss her shyt out outside of i believe a comment diego made when they linked up with their pops in the past, but they’ll have all the smoke for vanya

they just all roll with her pretending like she isn’t about shyt when she’s probably the most effective of them all outside of five, its no reason diego fake bruce wayne ass should be putting in more work than her

thats lazy writing

Speaking of season 1.... and this was one of my main complaints :francis:

Do these time police fools have powers too? Cause if not, there's no reason the dude with Mary J Blige should have been able to go toe to toe with Number One. This dude has super strength. Why is he always getting beat up? :stopitslime:

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Speaking of season 1.... and this was one of my main complaints :francis:

Do these time police fools have powers too? Cause if not, there's no reason the dude with Mary J Blige should have been able to go toe to toe with Number One. This dude has super strength. Why is he always getting beat up? :stopitslime:
He's not invulnerable I guess? They don't always have to go hand in hand :yeshrug:

Abraxus

All Star
Daps
Watching this last episode, one thing I can’t stand in ANY tv show is when they have a main character being shot at in a straight line with automatic fire and every bullet is hitting literally every other thing around them, even worse when there’s 100 dudes with guns doing the same thing

Yea that was Bulllshyt! They didn’t hit a leg bone, nothing? Ok

:comeon:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Finished the season. It still has problems (I'm actually fine with most of the characters) but the pacing was way better.

And :deadmanny: @ them thinking they didn't alter the timeline when they spent numerous conversations with their conspirator father about the future. I wouldn't be surprised if the origin of the Sparrow Academy is revealed to be that Hargreeves saw what failures his first tean ended up as so he deliberately chose other kids. That's why Ben is part of the Sparrow Academy because 60s Hargreeves didn't know he was also part of the fukk-ups team.

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He's not invulnerable I guess? They don't always have to go hand in hand :yeshrug:
His strength was inconsistent as fukk though.

If a gorilla punched a human it would kill him instantly. There wouldn’t be a fist fight with punches going back and forth, the first blow would be fatal. But #1 is kinda just like an above average strength man. WTF was his power before his dad turned him into half man half ape

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
His strength was inconsistent as fukk though.

If a gorilla punched a human it would kill him instantly. There wouldn’t be a fist fight with punches going back and forth, the first blow would be fatal. But #1 is kinda just like an above average strength man. WTF was his power before his dad turned him into half man half ape
Super strength IIRC

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
i think sparrow has something to do with Harlan. and if so, not sure they're good because Harlan looked pissed in that car. He was twirling a bird in his hand
im thinking he’s definitely in the sparrow academy or was a founder. I rewatched that episode and at the end he was playing with a wooden bird in the car. I dunno if that was a sparrow but it could be a clue. However I don’t think the ages line up, he’d be much older than them.

Also I remember Reginald saying he lost pogo, which means these dudes probably grew up with just their mean ass pops. I know Grace left him when she found out about the JFK thing because of Diego, so maybe the robot version isn’t there either. Those kids are probably vicious as fukk.

duck

Bills Mafia
Daps
Reppin
buffalo ny
After that one episode with the russians invading and the family all showed up fully powered i was hype. They actually made klaus' power not useless, when he charged in with a ghost horde like aragon in lotr return of the king

Wtf didnt he ever get to use that power again throughout the season?

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
im thinking he’s definitely in the sparrow academy or was a founder. I rewatched that episode and at the end he was playing with a wooden bird in the car. I dunno if that was a sparrow but it could be a clue. However I don’t think the ages line up, he’d be much older than them.

Also I remember Reginald saying he lost pogo, which means these dudes probably grew up with just their mean ass pops. I know Grace left him when she found out about the JFK thing because of Diego, so maybe the robot version isn’t there either. Those kids are probably vicious as fukk.
:ohhh:
I was thinking that as well with their Mom gone they're probably far more cold and calculated.If anything they'll possibly be even better with their powers too:merchant:.

TOAD99

Veteran
Daps
I thought this was some dumb kid show but this shyt piff af :whoo:

#5 is that dude :wow: carried the season single handily and always had some funny ass faces :pachaha:

Luther gotta be the most useless big man ever :ld:

Vanya is ugly as fukk, her love angle was boring as hell

Allison fine as hell, her power is OP but she has to use it more next season

I had no idea Diego had telekinesis:what: I thought he could just throw knives well. He’s pretty funny too :pachaha:

their dad stayed serving them that ether that burned their souls :picard:

A serious Klaus would wreck shyt

Lila seems like the strongest

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Just finished the season, overall is was :ehh:. Still a mix of some things I enjoy and others less so, but the setup for a Season 3 is :whoo:and I hope it comes back. It seems to be fairly popular, and the only obstacle I can see possibly getting in the way is Covid/budget issues with Netflix.

I get the whole premise of the show is they are a dysfunctional family that bickers a lot, but I hope the progress they made isn't walked back too much. Especially considering the threat they now appear to be up against :demonic:. Would love to see them use their powers more together and work as a team in a 3rd season.

The show has some creative fight scenes and good use of music, but I felt they could have maybe toned down having a pop song play during pretty much every action sequence so when they did use it, it would hit more.

A lot of daddy issues and hero complexes, Diego, Klauss, and Luther in particular could use therapy :picard:

Reginald continues to be no fukks given when it comes to their feelings, almost as if he isn't human :lolbron:

5 continues to be the most competent and entertaining of the siblings for me.

Kate Walsh as the Handler brought a great energy to the show and I liked the addition of Lila as a character :ehh:

Also this was a good season for Ben.

The overall JFK/Apocalypse plot-lines were just meh to me, I know these shows all lean towards serialization but there is a way to lean towards making each particular episode stand out more while advancing the season long arc. Justified, Lost, The Leftovers are some shows in particular that are great at doing that.