The Turkey Leg Hut Got a Dress Code Now

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
I complain every one & then like everyone else. Don't act like you never complain about shyt!

Also, I never been there, so I voiced my opinion based off the photos and menu. I didn't see any plate in the photos that looked like it fed two or more people.

Lastly, I told one poster who has been there that I would take his word for the food portions, but I still maintain that there prices are on the high side to not include sides. Had they included 2 sides to the Turkey legs, then I would be a lil more understanding.

Soooo... another opinion on the Coli without experiencing it. I see....

Whats reasonable prices for food? Im just curious? Yall think 28.00 is high...geeeezus

mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Underdeveloped Minds Research Institute
I complain every one & then like everyone else. Don't act like you never complain about shyt!

Also, I never been there, so I voiced my opinion based off the photos and menu. I didn't see any plate in the photos that looked like it fed two or more people.

Lastly, I told one poster who has been there that I would take his word for the food portions, but I still maintain that there prices are on the high side to not include sides. Had they included 2 sides to the Turkey legs, then I would be a lil more understanding.

I bet you have no problem dropping $25 on shrimp and grits at a white establishment for brunch and then spending $8 for a side of bacon.

Commish

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Soooo... another opinion on the Coli without experiencing it. I see....

Whats reasonable prices for food? Im just curious? Yall think 28.00 is high...geeeezus

Yeah, an opinion without experience which was stated prior to said opinion isn't anything new on this site.

Yes, $28 for a Turkey leg and some starch poured over the meat with sides being sold separately is pricey. I go to restaurants, so I am familiar with how entrees should look like.

If you are cool with the prices, then cool. Continue to patronize their establishment...

Commish

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I bet you have no problem dropping $25 on shrimp and grits at a white establishment for brunch and then spending $8 for a side of bacon.

Wanna bet?

White establishments don't get any passes from me! Next, I don't eat swine bacon, so you are wrong!

I went to a Brazilian restsraunt on Father's day and had issues with their pricing for what they offered. I also had issues with how they ran the business, but understood that they just opened up in that particular location.

People complain about shyt that they don't agree with. That's life.

Like I told enorher poster I will tell you..

If you cool with the prices, then cool. Continue to support them!

AllHolosEve

Her Name Is Mistress Death
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SouthSide, MPLS
Stop equating pro blackness to having no decency.
so if you have kids and y’all go out for a family dinner you’re cool with your son wearing a du rag and tank top & your daughter wearing pajama pants and flip flops or her wearing shorts showing her ass cuff?

-Yes. Aside from the shorts my family will wear all that shyt to dinner with certain outfits & nobody will give a fukk. Not everybody looks down on shyt like you.

-I have a Vikings outfit with "pajama" pants. Whole shyt head to toe: hat, shirt, jersey, pants, mask, gloves, socks & shoes is Vikings apparel. I'll wear that shyt anywhere we watching football.
-I wear durags to match my outfits. I don't even wear the shyt at home or sleep with them.
-People wear flip flops/sandals outside all day. Especially in the summer.

-I don't have an issue with the dress code. Your list doesn't equate to not having decency.

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
Yeah, an opinion without experience which was stated prior to said opinion isn't anything new on this site.

Yes, $28 for a Turkey leg and some starch poured over the meat with sides being sold separately is pricey. I go to restaurants, so I am familiar with how entrees should look like.

If you are cool with the prices, then cool. Continue to patronize their establishment...

I asked you wtf is reasonable pricing for food? As for the backhanded comment. I got a plane..went to experience Houston. U should get out more and get experiences. Cuz thinking 28.00 is a lot in 2021 is insane...

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
Wanna bet?

White establishments don't get any passes from me! Next, I don't eat swine bacon, so you are wrong!

I went to a Brazilian restsraunt on Father's day and had issues with their pricing for what they offered. I also had issues with how they ran the business, but understood that they just opened up in that particular location.

People complain about shyt that they don't agree with. That's life.

Like I told enorher poster I will tell you..

If you cool with the prices, then cool. Continue to support them!

U need to stay home then.. eat your Ramen bro..

Commish

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I asked you wtf is reasonable pricing for food? As for the backhanded comment. I got a plane..went to experience Houston. U should get out more and get experiences. Cuz thinking 28.00 is a lot in 2021 is insane...

A reasonable price would be for that place to offer 2 reasonably portioned sides and some bread for that price. So, a Turkey leg w/the starch, 2 sides and bread is reasonable.

A turkey leg with starch a la carte, sides sold separately isn't reasonable!

BTW, I go out enough to know about restaraunts. I ate at expensive restaraunts. I ate at hole in a wall places and places in between.

Glad you got a plane. You probably own a gas station to fuel your own plane as well. Good for you!

I am just a hard working and well respected union man. I am also someone who believes in getting value for what I buy. I am not someone who is too bougie to think that spending a gang of money on food makes me better than everyone else.

I said in a prior post that I would check them out if I was in town. However, if I do pay $30 for a plate, then I expect to get enough food to justify the price.

It's just that simple!

*shrugs*

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
A reasonable price would be for that place to offer 2 reasonably portioned sides and some bread for that price. So, a Turkey leg w/the starch, 2 sides and bread is reasonable.

A turkey leg with starch a la carte, sides sold separately isn't reasonable!

BTW, I go out enough to know about restaraunts. I ate at expensive restaraunts. I ate at hole in a wall places and places in between.

Glad you got a plane. You probably own a gas station to fuel your own plane as well. Good for you!

I am just a hard working and well respected union man. I am also someone who believes in getting value for what I buy. I am not someone who is too bougie to think that spending a gang of money on food makes me better than everyone else.

I said in a prior post that I would check them out if I was in town. However, if I do pay $30 for a plate, then I expect to get enough food to justify the price.

It's just that simple!

*shrugs*

Lol... hilarious

jay83

Superstar
Daps
Good.
Black folk need to start having some decency one way or another. It's sad when your "dress code" is regular attire. Put a t-shirt and pants on.
We used to be mad at Cosby for trying to get us to dress like we had some class...now we are Cosby.
And it's not an old age thing, its a pride thing.
When you see people dressed like that you can tell they have no self pride.

I remember when the nba issued a dress code. Everybody hated it at first but looking back it wasn’t a bad move.

:ehh:

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
-Yes. Aside from the shorts my family will wear all that shyt to dinner with certain outfits & nobody will give a fukk. Not everybody looks down on shyt like you.

-I have a Vikings outfit with "pajama" pants. Whole shyt head to toe: hat, shirt, jersey, pants, mask, gloves, socks & shoes is Vikings apparel. I'll wear that shyt anywhere we watching football.
-I wear durags to match my outfits. I don't even wear the shyt at home or sleep with them.
-People wear flip flops/sandals outside all day. Especially in the summer.

-I don't have an issue with the dress code. Your list doesn't equate to not having decency.

you and your whole family sound like a bunch of Bamas :mjlol:

You idiots are acting like we are saying you have to wear blazers or cardigans out to eat :mjlol: