The Trophies Remain, The King Never L3ft #HeatLifer: Miami Heat 2014-15 Season Thread

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
Best chance this team has at becoming a contender in 2-5 years. :manny:

Nah, they're going to be fine, the cap going up is what will save them.

Bosh & Dragic will be locked up, and I wouldn't be shocked if Riley works out an extension this summer for Whiteside to lock him up before the new deal.

Alexander The Great

I ain't gonna say this sh*t again
Supporter
Daps
Tank for who breh?

Whiteside was our lottery pick.

You don't tank just to tank, you commit to that shyt in pursuit of a player like we did for Rose, and still got screwed.
we just fukking around(kinda) wishfully thinking we could luck up and get Russell :manny:

:damn:

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
Tank for who breh?

Whiteside was our lottery pick.

You don't tank just to tank, you commit to that shyt in pursuit of a player like we did for Rose, and still got screwed.

Towns; Okafor, Russell, and Hezonja would all make our team better in the longterm.
I know Towns and Okafor are big men, but they'll likely be AS and can make Bosh/Whiteside expendable.
Hezonja if developed would become a 6'8 SG that is a 2nd/3rd option who can shoot.
Russell has off the wall court vision; shooting stroke, and size for a PG(I've heard he can possibly play SG).

Even if you don't get into that top 3 and have a chance at those guys, Winslow(who can be a defensive athletic SF) and Oubre(raw SF w/ potential) will likely be there at 7-10(if Miami keeps its pick this is where this team will likely draft).

Before anyone says not all rookies pan out, well I'll give you that. However rookies/young talent can always be packaged for proven players. So if we draft 9th, the guy we drafted could net us a 6th man or starter down the road. At the end of the day, making the playoffs just to get swept, does nothing for this franchise. So it doesn't hurt to miss the playoffs and possibly get in the top ten, worst case scenario this team misses the offs and the pick(but that pick was going to be missed either this year; next year, or in. 2017).

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
Nah, they're going to be fine, the cap going up is what will save them.

Bosh & Dragic will be locked up, and I wouldn't be shocked if Riley works out an extension this summer for Whiteside to lock him up before the new deal.

Sure the cap may go to 100M, but Miami will likely be paying 60-70M to 4 guys(Bosh; Whiteside, Dragic, and Wade). Not too mention given the cap increase, you gotta figure role players salaries will go up noticeably as well.

The Heat as currently constructed need the following to realistically contend for a chip
1. 3&D Wing
2. Backup C
3. Shooters
4. Possibly a bench scorer

Batum(who would I love here) could fukk around and net 13+M/ yr assuming he bounces back next year.
Let's say 5-6M is the going rate for a solid bench C right now, that would likely raise to 7-12M
I would go further on, but when you have 60-70 M tied into 4 guys, it's going to be kind of tough to add depth given you have 29 other teams likely willing to overspend for players you need.

Last but not least you have Wade who's bound to miss 20 games a year and Whiteside who can possibly become a healthy Bynum or just stay as Deandre Jordan on steroids.