The Trophies Remain, The King Never L3ft #HeatLifer: Miami Heat 2014-15 Season Thread

He Who Posts Well

Superstar
Daps
I find it fascinating how bad Brooklyn has become. On paper they are a team that should be able to compete for a playoff spot. In reality, all that talent doesn't mean anything.

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
I don't care about the offs I'd just like to see wade and dragon gel and get Whiteside head straight and get bosh healthy for next year

He Who Posts Well

Superstar
Daps
Surya Fernandez: Spoelstra on tanking: "We're not wired that way. For better or for worse. I've never even heard that in a conversation, thank god." Twitter @SuryaHeatNBA

CP84STw.gif

#tankwave brehs, it's over :ld:

He Who Posts Well

Superstar
Daps
Any shot that Pat Riley, team president and patriarch, has lost a little faith? That the past nine months have shaken him? "No," Riley said, during an hour-long interview with Bleacher Report, while nearing a 70th birthday he'd rather nobody notice, even with the book Younger Next Year prominently displayed behind him. "Just disappointed. Disappointed for Erik [Spoelstra] and for Micky [Arison] and for our fans. Really disappointed." Bleacher Report
tag.png
Miami Heat, Pat Riley

"It doesn't take a rocket scientist to be able to see what it takes," Riley said, running through his experience playing with West and Baylor and Wilt Chamberlain, coaching against Larry Bird and Kevin McHale and Robert Parish and so on. "If you can get three of those kinds of players and fill it out with some other good guys, then you might be ahead of the curve....So there are a lot of ways to skin a cat. "For me, it's not through the draft, because lottery picks are living a life of misery. That season is miserable. And if you do three or four years in a row to get lottery picks, then I'm in an insane asylum. And the fans will be, too. So who wants to do that?" Bleacher Report
tag.png
Miami Heat, Free Agency, Draft, Pat Riley
182992046.jpg

Suffering numerous injuries and ailments. Falling far below .500. Scrambling for an eighth seed. "Obviously, the hit we took with LeBron [James] leaving just crushed us," Riley said. "Everybody. It just did. But I thought getting Josh [McRoberts] and getting [Luol Deng], especially those two players, to go with Chris [Bosh] and Dwyane [Wade] and Mario [Chalmers], that we could [compete]. And then, make the plan for 2016, even though I wasn't gonna wait if I could get a guy like Goran [Dragic]. Bleacher Report

Beasley broke all Riley's faith in the draft lottery :mjlol:

I always felt you should keep your picks just in case a good player falls but Riles method works when you can acquire assets like Dragic. I'm still mad we didn't take Perry Jones when he fell a few years ago. He is a poor mans version of Bosh that we could've developed.

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans

Wow man, I'm glad Pat sees the value in developing this youth that we have. It made me happy to read that.

We got one player with all-star level skill (Whiteside), a good bench scorer in Beas (his defense is picking up), Tyler has shown that he has a lot of potential. Those 3 young pieces are huge in terms of building out a team in 2016. I think most of us recognize that. We'll see what Ennis and Napier can do this year and offseason.

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
These dumbass Heat coaches haven't realized that the Raptors cant defend Whiteside down there. Dragic appears to understand basketball.

Having Walker take JR Smith attempts won't help anyone.