The Trophies Remain, The King Never L3ft #HeatLifer: Miami Heat 2014-15 Season Thread

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Lebron was/is absolutely wrong for not acknowledging a city/fan base that took him in and tried to shield him from all the Hate that was coming his way
THis is my only problem with his departure but again, it's not that big a deal to me

Wade is a BIG reason Miami/Riley has taken the high road during all of this
I disagree.

Heat have always taken the high road on things. From Zo's departure to Shaq's departure and many others.
When Zo got sick and got the transplant many felt he was obligated to play for us at a discount after all the years we paid him max money and supported him while he was out. I remember hearring people go as far as to say he "owes the organization a year or two at vet min while they rebuild". What did he do? Took the money from the highes bidders among the championship contenders. At the time i was mad but I also understood money talks and perhaps he wanted one last chance at winning a title thuse why he went to New Jerswey to play with J-Kidd and them cats.

What did the Heat do? Let him go. Took his number out of circulation so no other player would use it.

Same thing with SHaq. As disrespectful as Shaq was to Riley (word is they had to restrain Shaq from punching Riley after Riley was yelling at him about his weight) the Heat simply traded him as he requested and i havent seen anyone rock number 32 in a Heat uniform until this year when Ennis took it.

Heat always takes the high road and i love that about Riley. None of that nonsense that other owners/GMs/coaches do by b!tching in the press after a player leaves like George Karl and Larry Brown did after Iverson or Lakers did after Shaq

Alexander The Great

I ain't gonna say this sh*t again
Supporter
Daps
THis is my only problem with his departure but again, it's not that big a deal to me

I disagree.

Heat have always taken the high road on things. From Zo's departure to Shaq's departure and many others.
When Zo got sick and got the transplant many felt he was obligated to play for us at a discount after all the years we paid him max money and supported him while he was out. I remember hearring people go as far as to say he "owes the organization a year or two at vet min while they rebuild". What did he do? Took the money from the highes bidders among the championship contenders. At the time i was mad but I also understood money talks and perhaps he wanted one last chance at winning a title thuse why he went to New Jerswey to play with J-Kidd and them cats.

What did the Heat do? Let him go. Took his number out of circulation so no other player would use it.

Same thing with SHaq. As disrespectful as Shaq was to Riley (word is they had to restrain Shaq from punching Riley after Riley was yelling at him about his weight) the Heat simply traded him as he requested and i havent seen anyone rock number 32 in a Heat uniform until this year when Ennis took it.

Heat always takes the high road and i love that about Riley. None of that nonsense that other owners/GMs/coaches do by b!tching in the press after a player leaves like George Karl and Larry Brown did after Iverson or Lakers did after Shaq

this was different. Riley is/was PISSED at Lebron for not returning his texts/emails/calls/ for having him and micky fly all the way to Vegas when he knew he was leaving. Lebatard even said, they don't want to piss Wade off and its the reason they never said anything bad about the way Lebron handled the situation

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Lebatard even said, they don't want to piss Wade off and its the reason they never said anything bad about the way Lebron handled the situation
I dont believe thats the reason. Again if you look at the past they have always handled things internally and taken the high road. Even in 2007 when Mo Williams did the same thing Lebron did (not answering calls and texts) they just kept it moving. I dont think any organization should stoop to the level of these players, period. Even promo Micky did to the fans this summer i felt shouldnt have been done. Made us seem like we were scrambling to keep it together. We should have just taken the "business as usual" approach and kept it moving

Alexander The Great

I ain't gonna say this sh*t again
Supporter
Daps
I dont believe thats the reason. Again if you look at the past they have always handled things internally and taken the high road. Even in 2007 when Mo Williams did the same thing Lebron did (not answering calls and texts) they just kept it moving. I dont think any organization should stoop to the level of these players, period. Even promo Micky did to the fans this summer i felt shouldnt have been done. Made us seem like we were scrambling to keep it together. We should have just taken the "business as usual" approach and kept it moving
ok, I'm telling you what the guy who has a relationship with Riley said.....

TOP LAD

WOAH, HEY GUYS WELCOME TO EB GAMES /COPY THAT/
Daps
Reppin
LORDE
Why should the way LeBron left overshadow the work he put in for Miami? Makes no sense to me

Scientific Playa

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Championships
chick cooks, is thrifty, and bought a westside crib for her fam

:salute:

My Ovaries Are Taking Geritol: Gabrielle Union Talks Having Kids, Living Below Her Means And More

interview with Uptown Magazine where she talked about her nude photo leak, her ideal super heroine character “The Baddest bytch,” and being ok if she never has children. Check out a few excerpts and shots from the interview below.

gabrielle-union-talks-kids-1.jpg

The character she’d create for herself using the resources of her own production company, Stew U
“‘Um, did you just create a superhero called the Baddest bytch?’ Yes,” she jokes over wine and cookies at Bar Pleiades, inside of the rakish Surrey Hotel on New York’s Upper East Side. “She’s got Sciatica and you know…thinning edges. And she fights…crime.”

What we can expect from “Being Mary Jane”
“She becomes obsessed with his new relationship and [questions] why it’s not her,” Union says of her character, who is social media-stalking her ex-boyfriend and his pregnant girlfriend. “Mary Jane starts to ask herself some hard questions. And she’s not liking all the answers. She can’t handle the truth. Not at all.”

gabrielle-union-talks-having-kids-2.jpg

On her cooking skills and providing [in LA]
“[My] collard greens have pork, not this new age Negro-like turkey neck shyt, and [for my] honey cornbread, I add, a half a thing of honey to the Jiffy mix and I like to eat it raw. That’s when I’m like, ‘Am I depressed?’ There’s at least some self-respect with [eating] brownie batter, or you know, cake batter.” She also purchased a home in California (she is betting that the filming of her series will shift to Los Angeles). “I feel like Dwyane provides for us in Miami and I should provide for us in L.A. I bought a really great house and we’re remodeling. What I wanted is really in Bel-Air, but I have a deep Valley budget, so I’m there,” says Union of her real estate realities. “I got a lot of what I wanted, but I had to reevaluate my priorities.”

Living below her means
“I live so far below my means that if the career was taken away, I could get a job based on my level of education and my job skills, and I could still afford what I have. I plan ahead for the destruction, my financial ruin,” she laughs. “I might borrow some hot shyt, but you’re gonna come to my house and be like, ‘What happened to that dope bag that cost as much as a home?’ I borrow that. I give it right back.”

gabrielle-union-talks-having-kids-3.jpg

On having kids
“I think my brain and my heart are screaming baby fever. My ovaries, however, they’re coughing up dust. Yes, it’s in my heart and in my mind, and we’ll see if my body catches up with that. I have really awesome step-kids, so I feel equally as fulfilled. I’ve lasted 42 years without having a human being come from one of my orifices and I feel okay and fulfilled and happy. If it does happen, it’s a miracle—a medical miracle at least. I mean, we’d love to. We’ll see what my ovaries say. Cause right now they’re taking Geritol.”

gabrielle-union-talks-having-kids-4.jpg

http://madamenoire.com/498703/gabrie...eans-and-more/

Last edited: