The Trailer for The New Color Purple Film Has Dropped With Taraji, H.E.R. & Halle Bailey || What's ya Thoughts 🤔

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
:beli: See here's the thing that's kinda pissing me off about this "reboot". The original was brutal due to the undertones of racism in the rural south, as well as incest and pedophilia. It shows the deep roots of the aftereffects after slavery with a twang of comedy. It told a tale of three worlds:

• A black girl turned woman in a prison of physical and mental abuse (she wants to be free and be with her sister)
  • A black woman that fought all her life and end up falling down due to true racism (she wants to be free from both sides of the coin)
  • A black woman that's a prisoner to vanity and trying to find refuge of her past mistakes (free from the ministry that her father caged her in)
  • A black man that carried on the harmful deeds of his father, and his father's father (need to break the chain)
  • A black girl seeking her sister embracing the motherland, but at the cost of growing up without a past, except her sister (Shes free but at a cost)
This piece of wombat turds will be a soulless quick buck for Hollyweird to cash in on the desperation of movie goers to see something familiar. Its honestly insulting because nobody remaking Casablanca or fukking Gone With The Wind...because those movies are no-fly zones for the vultures.
They really gonna turn the lesbian scenes up. They say the book is way more explicit. And since it's 2023, who knows what fantasia and taraji gonna be doing.

:lupe: Day negative

TallMan_J

Retired from TheColi
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Retired
It doesn’t look horrible. I’ve never been a fan of musicals though (nor remakes).
:yeshrug:

I’m sure that they’ll try and make all of the Black masculine figures/males brutal and mean abusers like they always do (The Help, the original The Color Purple, Beloved etc.). OR they’ll make them idiotic Dunces (if not effeminate/homosexuals).

Not paying a dime to see it, but I’ll check it once the HD version is on the free websites.

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The average person can't name 1 :mjlol:

And shyt wack regardless
moving-goalpost.gif

KingsOfKings

𝕄𝕒𝕕𝕝𝕚𝕓 𝕚𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝔾𝕠𝕒𝕥
Daps
Yeah I don't know I don't fukk with musicals like that.