The Tower of God Thread... Who Else Is Reading This?

Objection

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
So, the initial tests were forcing these guys to make decisions that gave up their humanity...and it's also possible that some of them have been corrupted by things like the Red Thryssa that turned Joe into a psycho.

Traumeri sacrificing those people to save his friends while V didn't want to reminds me of the game Baam played against White, where they each had a teammate falling toward shinsoo. Baam decided to save EVERYONE instead of worrying about winning.

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
So, the initial tests were forcing these guys to make decisions that gave up their humanity...and it's also possible that some of them have been corrupted by things like the Red Thryssa that turned Joe into a psycho.
It feels like Alice in Borderland. Where you'll make some fukked up mistakes. But if you're good at problem-solving, then you can have your cake and eat it too.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
It feels like Alice in Borderland. Where you'll make some fukked up mistakes. But if you're good at problem-solving, then you can have your cake and eat it too.
That's a good comparison. There's typically an easy way out for the characters, but that's the way they'll lose some piece of themselves. Like when Baam and Khun didn't want to kill when they got to the first-floor test. Traumerei just did the Trolley problem basically.

Also, for all the anime heads, S2 is finally beginning to air. The first two episodes are out, and Baam's in his full Viole glory.

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
That's a good comparison. There's typically an easy way out for the characters, but that's the way they'll lose some piece of themselves. Like when Baam and Khun didn't want to kill when they got to the first-floor test. Traumerei just did the Trolley problem basically.

Also, for all the anime heads, S2 is finally beginning to air. The first two episodes are out, and Baam's in his full Viole glory.
just did deep dive into the lore, the story only happens because jahad doesn't want to go to the next level. is there a reason he stopped cold turkey?

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
just did deep dive into the lore, the story only happens because jahad doesn't want to go to the next level. is there a reason he stopped cold turkey?
Nothing but theory

Most likely connected to how Phanta just ran through the tower, clapped everyone then bounced IMO.

He prolly realized there are real levels to power and decided staying put would be the only way he maintained his status

I still say he ran into the tower to avoid smoke from Axis nikkas to begin with

Whatever it was it had to be based in fear, every irregular that's walked in there has had that man in a cold sweat

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
Nothing but theory

Most likely connected to how Phanta just ran through the tower, clapped everyone then bounced IMO.

He prolly realized there are real levels to power and decided staying put would be the only way he maintained his status

I still say he ran into the tower to avoid smoke from Axis nikkas to begin with

Whatever it was it had to be based in fear, every irregular that's walked in there has had that man in a cold sweat
but phanta is stuck in there. every person in the tower can't leave unless they climb to the very top. seems like he created his own hell

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
but phanta is stuck in there. every person in the tower can't leave unless they climb to the very top. seems like he created his own hell
iirc Baam born iniside the tower then brought outside, then came back in

Arlene is the one who made it all happen, so she found a way, iirc didn't her diary state that?

so nah, there's a way out, wouldn't make sense for baam to have all this history from insiide but we're introduced to him on the outside

Last edited:

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
I had to do a quick reread of the last chapter. I forgot we're back to the present.

I wanted to see Baam's method of beating Dumas. "Filling in the empty spaces". I don't know what that means or what power that's supposed to represent. But it would have been interesting to see. At least let BM out, if that didn't work. BM appears too early.

Last edited: