The theory of evolution. Fact or fiction?

What are Your Thoughts?

• Evolution is a fact

• Evolution is a fraud

• Something else entirely

Results are only viewable after voting.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Ok, thanks yea, lol. I'm Christian, but I also know there was a time when the church in Europe would kill persecute(?) you for not believing the Earth was the center of the Universe. (actually, just vehemently disagree. It doesn't seem like they killed anyone, lol. I wasn't great at history)

I also enjoy just kind of imaging things. So like this all makes sense. I have somewhat an understanding of the processes of science and the scientific method, as an engineer. My conclusion was just that noone can really confirm which theory is true, or if both are somehow true.

You know a damn dirty ape when you see one:scust:
cmnh-lucy-reconstruction_16x9.jpg

But lets give it pretty hazel eyes to make it look more human lol.

"To understand locomotor behavior in fossils, we must use living animals,'' said Dr. Susman, an anatomist who does field work with pygmy chimpanzees. Certain bones in Lucy's hand, the pisiform and trapezium, for example, are ''primitive in a pongid direction,'' Dr. Susman said, meaning that they are slender and curved like an ape's finger bones.

Lucy's shoulder socket faces upward by about 15 degrees, indicating its value in negotiating trees. Her pelvis, while more human than apelike, has - viewed from a certain angle -an iliac blade oriented like that of a chimp.
The hip socket is not as round as a human's and there is evidence that the thigh may have been bent, relative to the pelvis, in walking."

Originally,people examining saw two different things. But I guess dollar signs started rolling in. Suddenly everybody thinks this thing was mostly walking. Then we find out it had a wrist lock mechanism like knuckle draggers. They write it off as being inherited from previous knuckle draggers,but Lucy wasnt knuckle dragging.
Or maybe it really was a knuckle dragger lol?

How did it die? Fell out of a tree?
Wrote it off as she fell out of a tree because she wasnt built for being in trees due to her adaptions. As if it couldnt have fallen out of a tree by accident,or during a fight like alot of monkeys do:mjlol:

The people who control the funding control the science:respect:#PoliticalScience

• Haha
Reactions: MMS

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
this has gotta be the dumbest post ive seen on thecoli and i have been a few pages deep in jbo before

im logging out for a few days to restore some brain cells. yall be easy

does this dumb fukk not know the difference between a monkey and a fish i mean seriously

We are descendants of fish. Ask your evolutionist if they know the difference.

And no,when you explain how they branched off into different types of creatures,it wont sound less like a fairy tale. Might as well believe The Princess and the Frog:respect:

• Haha

Hannibal Fox

Eetwidomayloh
Daps
Reppin
Death To Spookism
I had no idea! I definitely remember spending a bunch of time in high school browsing around and suddenly bumping into the concept of Christ Consciousness. I just can't say where 🤔. Oh and project blue beam has been gaining a lot of traction lately thanks to these UFO stories coming out of the woodwork and the capabilities of AI.

Yup, that's precisely why I left those sites. People true colors would start to show anytime the topic of black folks came up and as you said the group think was out of control. Do you know the name of the site they started?

Yes sir 🤣 you couldn't say or mention anything without some receipts. That's where I learned about Astral projections. I can't remember his name (with the black pyramid avi?), but he dropped a lot of knowledge about metaphysics, dreams, and spirit guides. Everyone there was super educated and experienced imo and I really appreciate those ladies and gents.

Thank you for the rep btw! 🤗🤗🤗 Not a lot of people heard of Destee so I'm a bit shocked someone here has heard of it.

I caught a perma ban on GLP after pushing back against the cism, there were some cool posters there too for a time. However, once they try to invoke logic and provide critical analysis they get flamed at best or banned at worst. The inclusive/exclusive behavior gets magnified when you go to one of their conventions not GLP but in general, those experiences can be quite hilarious though, the bullshyt be flying.

A lot of the more well known conspiracy talking heads are deeply connected to the Christian patriot movement and in some cases actual minsters like the late Texxe Maars for instance, as a result, the scene is overpopulated with Christians who tend to lean far to extreme right.

I can't remember the name of the breakaway site if I do I'll send you a link

My cousin put me on to Destee, spent mad time just lurking and reading, there were a few members from Sohh that posted over there iirc.
Watch Star Trek: TNG S04 E13 just trust me 😁

Genos

Superstar
Daps

And no,when you explain how they branched off into different types of creatures,it wont sound less like a fairy tale. Might as well believe The Princess and the Frog:respect:
How do we have different types of fish and not just one type?

timeless

All Star
Daps
I caught a perma ban on GLP after pushing back against the cism, there were some cool posters there too for a time. However, once they try to invoke logic and provide critical analysis they get flamed at best or banned at worst. The inclusive/exclusive behavior gets magnified when you go to one of their conventions not GLP but in general, those experiences can be quite hilarious though, the bullshyt be flying.

A lot of the more well known conspiracy talking heads are deeply connected to the Christian patriot movement and in some cases actual minsters like the late Texxe Maars for instance, as a result, the scene is overpopulated with Christians who tend to lean far to extreme right.

I can't remember the name of the breakaway site if I do I'll send you a link

My cousin put me on to Destee, spent mad time just lurking and reading, there were a few members from Sohh that posted over there iirc.
Watch Star Trek: TNG S04 E13 just trust me 😁
Damn I never knew they had conventions. I was lurking most of the time and just learning what I can. I can see you getting banned for that. You messed up the rhythm of their "conservative" (they're hardly ever really conservative 😒) jerk fest.

Mhm I've noticed that too about these so called patriots; highly paranoid/neurotic, "christian" and into conspiracies while being racist at the same time. Smh. Yeah if you ever find out don't forget about me! You can pm me a link and I'll check it out. Hope the racism was left at the door.

Yeaaaaa Destee really changed my world around. I'm forever grateful I found it. Your cousin is a real one.

Lol alright I'll watch it. I think Star Trek is on Hulu?? I'll have to check cause I know for sure Stargate is on there.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
How do we have different types of fish and not just one type?

As far as you know there have always been different types. Any thing else is just the assumption that there was once nothing. And that many things couldnt be created in an instant from nothing. Even though the big bang theory itself contradicts that:respect:

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
just remember its roots were in giving a scientific reason to put anglo-nordic people above your black ass :pachaha:

these folk started with cranial measurements and observations of facial symmetries where even the irish were considered lesser as well.

between this thread and the other one, people dont seem to understand that data and "evidence" can be contested and attacked.

EDIT - 1 star for the politically motivated poll options

c8d.gif
This reason is why Darwin needs to be questioned extensively

• Dap

Genos

Superstar
Daps
As far as you know there have always been different types. Any thing else is just the assumption that there was once nothing. And that many things couldnt be created in an instant from nothing. Even though the big bang theory itself contradicts that:respect:
That doesn't make sense, for example there are many different types of dogs and that always hasn't been that way. All Dog breeds are human created and we have documentation on it. Dog breeding makes sense because of the principles of evolution being manually applied. With fish we have seen newly evolved fish in the last few years. Living things wouldn't look different than their ancestors without evolution, you wouldn't be able cross breed plants without evolution, the entire purpose of DNA wouldn't make sense without evolution. I don't see how this implies that there was "once nothing" that doesn't even make sense, the big bang created time.

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
How scientists date things millions/billions of years old......

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That doesn't make sense, for example there are many different types of dogs and that always hasn't been that way. All Dog breeds are human created and we have documentation on it. Dog breeding makes sense because of the principles of evolution being manually applied. With fish we have seen newly evolved fish in the last few years. Living things wouldn't look different than their ancestors without evolution, you wouldn't be able cross breed plants without evolution, the entire purpose of DNA wouldn't make sense without evolution. I don't see how this implies that there was "once nothing" that doesn't even make sense, the big bang created time.

What your describing is adaption and mutation which I dont dispute. I dont dispute a fish could look like a different version of a fish. I dispute the idea a fish could continuously branch off and become something other than a fish.

I still dont think that things looking different proves animals diverged repeatedly. Animals being able to crossbreed just proves they are compatible. Compatibility could simply mean certain characteristics/potentials were already there due to adaption. A lion and tiger could be completely unrelated,but have the potential to take on,or lose certain characters,and this makes them compatible. Not the fact they have a shared lineage. I dont think we know enough about dna to rule that out.

Then as far as you seeing different animals adapting and devolving? With all the chemicals and radiation in nature. I would hardly use that as evidence of animals adapting withing a natural environment. Not to mention I wonder how much mutagenecity the sun,and other naturally toxic things in nature cause.

This is not proof that you can get a fish to turn into a person over time. And it doesnt rule out a variety of animals were already here since the beginning of time,big bang even opens the door for that. So you cant rule it out:respect:

• Dap

Phitz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Anybody who voted evolution as fact does not know science, and never read anything about Darwin himself.

They voted that way because they THINK it makes them look intelligent

Darwin himself was insecure and never fully believed in his own hypothesis

IF you know science, the concept of "theory" means it can be disproved. Evolution NEVER graduated from theory to scientific fact. Theories are a step beyond hypothesis, and Scientific facts are proven beyond doubt and some become scientific laws.

The beginning of the theory of evolution goes against specific scientific laws, that's why it has ALWAYS been stuck in the theory stage.

Those of US who are science/engineering majors should KNOW THIS, whether you are atheist, theist, Christian, Muslim, Jewish, etc...

• Dap

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL

you might already believe it and not know you believe it :sas1: plague of frogs and pharaohs daughter

Phitz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You have a rapist, a troll, and a collection of the dumbest posters on here arguing for religion/against evolution

You don't even need to argue. Their stupidity is more than enough

I repeat, if you believe evolution is scientific fact you DO NOT know science