☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
I had a big post ready about all these black Youtubers and their contradictions. Tariq's constant flip flopping and obvious lack of real politics is a big problem, especially due to the size of the platform he has. You can learn a lot from how he hustles and gets bread but I would take his political advice with a grain of salt from here on out.

Since I've followed Tariq I've personally seen him:
  • Endorse Obama and donate to his campaign
  • shyt on Obama publicly
  • Endorse Bernie
  • shyt on Bernie
  • Call Hilary and Trump the same kinds of Supremacists
  • Endorse and Publicize #DontVote
  • Endorse Andrew Gillum
See the pattern yet? Politics is all about picking a side and pushing back against the establishment if they do not succumb to your demands. There is NO SUCH THING as "Black Politics," there is no black political party and that is not how American politics is setup. These Youtubers need to understand that. There is nothing wrong with taking a harsh Independent stance and endorsing for/against politicians when they rise.
no disagreement with you there. its a problem I have with him too...

its a lack of responsibility...

MajorVitaman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang (formerly Eastcoastnaga)
I had a big post ready about all these black Youtubers and their contradictions. Tariq's constant flip flopping and obvious lack of real politics is a big problem, especially due to the size of the platform he has. You can learn a lot from how he hustles and gets bread but I would take his political advice with a grain of salt from here on out.

• shyt on Obama publicly
  • Endorse Bernie
  • shyt on Bernie
  • Endorse Andrew Gillum
See the pattern yet? Politics is all about picking a side and pushing back against the establishment if they do not succumb to your demands. There is NO SUCH THING as "Black Politics," there is no black political party and that is not how American politics is setup. These Youtubers need to understand that. There is nothing wrong with taking a harsh Independent stance and endorsing for/against politicians when they rise.

It sounds like he's doing exactly what you want him to do though
:patrice:

no disagreement with you there. its a problem I have with him too...

its a lack of responsibility...

"Lack of responsibility"
:mjlol:
He's one individual filmmaker. Why don't you hold the corporate talking heads to this same standard?

Micky Mikey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

• shyt on Obama publicly
  • Endorse Bernie
  • shyt on Bernie
  • Endorse Andrew Gillum

I was regrettably on the #DontVote fence in 2016. People just need to educate themselves and stop relying on twitter memes to guide their judgement. We have rethugs supressing the black vote in states like Florida and Georgia out in the open now and it barely makes coverage. I said in a previous thread that one day we'll (black America) wake up and all of the rights our people bled for will be revoked. And we will not know when or how it happened because we're too lazy to do the actual research on whats going on.
If we want candidates that support our issues. Fine. We have to develop a political strategy for that. However, to not vote entirely is a huge blunder.

Vandelay

Life is absurd. Lean into it.
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
Tariq's hustle is unmatched, but that's the thing about hustling...you'll go where the hustle takes you.

You can't take his socio-political stance too serious outside of black people needing to get on code. We're not a monolith...but sometimes we need to act accordingly.

Daps
Reppin
Golden Era/Drama free Zone
if ur a young cac conspiracy theorist you lean towards Alex Jones

if ur a young black conspiracy theorist then Tariq is who you worship

I fux with some of the things he does and says but the level of worship sum brehs have for this man is disturbing

I can see how Jim Jones was able to do what he did back in the day, n1kkas go too far with the hero worship

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It sounds like he's doing exactly what you want him to do though
:patrice:
Tariq picks up and drops his political endorsements like a child does toys. Political endorsements mean A LOT breh. I don't even think we as a people really understand how deep political connections are rooted.

Tariq's flip flopping not only hurt his credibility and access to high level people who can do things, but also hurt the power of his base as they no longer can take his word and move in unison. Who would vote for a TN backed candidate in 2018 knowing there is a greater than 50% chance he will be shytting on that same candidate in podcasts and videos by 2020?

I don't want anyone to take this as hate because I really support Tariq but as a supporter I also expect a lot more from him. His base is one of the largest black bases we have online and I don't think he really understands the political capital he has if he uses it correctly.

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why don't you hold the corporate talking heads to this same standard?
We do. You saw what Papa John got for aligning with the anti-kneelers.

Our political capital means something and is not to be picked up and put back down on a whim.

Now just imagine if Tariq was the one leading the charge against Papa John. With his track record by next year he'd be moving on to the next thing justifying eating Papa Johns in his videos and everything.

Dude has a real platform and can use it for change, he just needs to be more responsible with his political endorsements and causes. That's all.

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
After i saw that IG live video of Tariq in Brooklyn today, I just saw his two IG pics he put up of Polight and this woman named Queen Afua..both of whom i assume are working with him on Hidden Colors 5

I never knew about her before but just looking up videos on her and looking at her website. I definitely wanna get on this in the future and I know people in my family who would benefit from this.

Lowkey Brooklyn is getting popping again for Black folks after the years of gentrification. I like what has been going on recently, especially with that street being named after the Haitian revolutionary.