The Tariq Nasheed Thread

Kilgore Trout

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
The quality of Hidden Colors doesn't match the information. All those cheap google image inserts really take away from the documentary quality imo. But she probably does have a little bit of envy due to how well the sell.

those arent google images, those are licenced photos. Do you even know how much that costs?

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
13th is produced by a reputable production Company, Tariq does everything himself.

Not sure why you`d even compare.
He compares it to any other doc on the market, so that's why I hold it to that standard. It's obvious he spends a lot of money on it, I'm speaking more from a technical aspect

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
He compares it to any other doc on the market, so that's why I hold it to that standard. It's obvious he spends a lot of money on it, I'm speaking more from a technical aspect

From a Sales and Information standpoint.

13th presented things everyone already knew, and if you are over the age of 21 and didn't know any of this stuff chances are you are probably an idiot.

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

13th presented things everyone already knew, and if you are over the age of 21 and didn't know any of this stuff chances are you are probably an idiot.
I don't think this is true. We all know about the prison industrial complex, but the deep look into the actual lobbies and politics that drive it hasn't been explored in a doc before, at least ones that I've seen.

I'm not disputing hidden colors presents a lot of information that most people haven't heard before though.

My point is I can see why the woman in the video may have an issue with Hidden Colors selling or being more acknowledged than other people's work. It's like how actors get upset when rappers get major roles in movies; they feel it's undeserved. But you can't knock the hustle at the end of the day, he made it work.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
I don't think this is true. We all know about the prison industrial complex, but the deep look into the actual lobbies and politics that drive it hasn't been explored in a doc before, at least ones that I've seen.

I'm not disputing hidden colors presents a lot of information that most people haven't heard before though.

My point is I can see why the woman in the video may have an issue with Hidden Colors selling or being more acknowledged than other people's work. It's like how actors get upset when rappers get major roles in movies; they feel it's undeserved. But you can't knock the hustle at the end of the day, he made it work.
ain't nothing underserved about making a grassroots project

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent

It's not Black people fault they arent feeling the other Docs people do. Tariq found a method of presenting info in a way that is easy to digest by people of all black grounds and not just the black bougie types like most docs in the past.

Instead of hating she can either do better or continue to be a nobody.
:manny:

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

This. I was :gucci: at the folks in The Film Room who kept trying to make a big deal out "The 13th". It just felt like an extended version of the Prison Industrial complex segment from "Hidden Colors 2", especially since they interviewed some of the same people.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
This. I was :gucci: at the folks in The Film Room who kept trying to make a big deal out "The 13th". It just felt like an extended version of the Prison Industrial complex segment from "Hidden Colors 2", especially since they used like some of the same guests.

yeah, I`m like all this stuff was isn't anything new. I just saw the film as something to watch but it didnt bring anything new, and they low key used it to prop up Hilary and put down Trump lol.

Kilgore Trout

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
This. I was :gucci: at the folks in The Film Room who kept trying to make a big deal out "The 13th". It just felt like an extended version of the Prison Industrial complex segment from "Hidden Colors 2", especially since they interviewed some of the same people.

I wouldnt be surprised if that swirl guy was an agent