The Tariq Nasheed Thread

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
FBA didn't borrow anything from Irish in a post-slavery setting:childplease: Anything "Irish" they know/learned happened in the slave-based Creolization process

(this is about the Caribbean but the same process happened all over the Americas)

Movement+of+Ideas+1.+Creolization+%E2%80%93+process+in+which+African+and+European+cultures+are+blended+in+the+Caribbean+such+as+music+and+languages..jpg
Yes old school FBA dancing that Master Juba did couldve been seen as an corruption of an Irish jig

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
What concept you talking about?
And you act like black Americans don't joke about other black Americans
Well yall wear jokes into the ground.

Reparations are serious you cant be on joke time all of time and expect to be taken seruously.

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
dap + rep

thank you - this is a complete game changer for sure
welp, it’s fukk Kool Herc for ever & ever & ever

edit
nah , I got to take that shyt back. I could never say that as much as I live in love this culture but it’s very very disappointing to read the statement that he made in that article and especially with the fact that he’s already on record even going back a couple of years ago on the combat, Jack show RIP who happen to be Haitian podcast where he specifically said damn near everything about his Jamaican roots was not excepted when he moved to the Bronx at the age of 12 and assimilated into our culture

I guess the powers of be - really got to him

Last edited:

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
You think I don’t know he did the Wash yo ass album and that he tried becoming a rapper but failed ?

I’m asking you if he cares at all about hip hop like you’re portraying it. Oh he wanna spread the truth ?

I swear I need to find a way to be a scammer 🤣

shyt way too easy

That’s all it’s about. Negga trynna make money and we have looneys in here talking about Tariq wanna spread truth ? ☠️☠️☠️

Next documentary will be about another trendy topic and those neggas will donate talking about Tariq really delivers

Like I say I need to get into sales for real

all you’re doing is a whole bunch a deflection

I could care less if Tariq cares about hip-hop or not, that is irrelevant to this conversation of this documentary that he just produced it seems that you’re in your feelings which you need to get out of

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Additionally, what happened in this thread is that Tariq has to do even less research because someone got @IllmaticDelta to condense a bunch of posts he's made in the root and throughout TLR into this thread.

I'm not saying OP or the rest of the posters was/were dastardly in that regard however, I've seen it with research that a friend conducted that I've repeated and posted ONLY here that Tariq posted about and immediately boosted and this doc will now have a bit of legitimacy because of the community versus what he's done.

No dog in this fight but this is also what's going on. :hubie:
Hate to break it to you, but I forwarded him a lot of this when the arguments started. Sorry to ruin your tin foil kufi moment. He may lurk here, though. He knows about the site. IDGAF how it's done, I just want it done.
dap + rep

thank you - this is a complete game changer for sure
welp, it’s fukk Kool Herc for ever & ever & ever
Time to hold them ALL accountable. :salute:

Last edited:

FLYINHAWAIIAN

Vegan For a Reason
Daps
Reppin
Hawaii/Houston
Well yall wear jokes into the ground.

Reparations are serious you cant be on joke time all of time and expect to be taken seruously.

Nobody joking all the time.
You act like Tariq do podcasts solely based on jokes. He brings up situations and throws jokes here and there. It's mainly towards somebody who does or says something dumb

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Yes old school FBA dancing that Master Juba did couldve been seen as an corruption of an Irish jig

Master Juba was a cross between the African "Juba" dance and Irish Jigs but that's when slavery was still going on

3ia551b.jpg

WMpbiML.jpg

by the time the 20th century comes along, contemporary FBAs had furthered the dance as it grew with Ragtime and Jazz

zVTkvi5.png

then you get

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Kool Herc wont admit that jamaicans got the idea of toasting from black Americans. Kool herc wont admit that jamaicans got sound system culture from black Americans. His opinion doesnt matter because hes a grifter and a liar. Coxon Dodd and count Machuki themselves litrally said "we got the idea of toasting, jive talk, and sound systems from the americans". That's all herc has to admit, but HE WONT. beacuse hes a grifter.

To be fair, Herc doesn't know anything about that because he left Jamaica at a young age and was more FBA culturally than Jamaican. The only Jamaicans who know the true origins of what came to be Toasting & Soundsystem culture were born between 1920-1945.

Herc himself, when he was asked about in the 1980s denied a Jamaican connection and instead said it was James Brown/Hustlers Convention (The FBA toast tradition) that birthed HipHop

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

AI-generated images for a documentary + having to scrap footage from a half-Puerto Rican/Cuban is crazy

I like the idea of the documentary but the execution so far has been circus