The Tariq Nasheed Thread

TheJet

Superstar
Daps
He just spent all this time going in on Stacey Abrams (.who's far from perfect) but he somehow had no smoke for Brian Kemp. I dont get it

Tair

Superstar
Daps
He just spent all this time going in on Stacey Abrams (.who's far from perfect) but he somehow had no smoke for Brian Kemp. I dont get it

He mentioned a while back that candidates shouldn't run their campaigns on Blackness and expect Black voters to vote for them without tangibles for Black people.

Brian Kemp isn't running on Blackness so we should already know he doesn't plan on doing a damn thing for Black people.

BiggWebb79

You Don't Have The Answers...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elm City
Did Kemp ask for Black men’s vote, while offering nothing of substance in return?
Is this nothing of substance?
Black men deserve leadership that sees them, serves them, and believes in them. I am committed to investing in Black men, their families, and their businesses by leveraging Georgia’s $5 billion surplus – a plan that economists agree will not raise taxes.

Economic Security
  • Provide capital and contract opportunities for Black small businesses
    • Establish a $10 million Small Business Investment Fund
    • Eliminate fees and red-tape to start your own business
    • Increase purchasing from black-owned businesses by state entities
    • Allow multiple small companies to jointly bid on state contracts as prime contractor
    • Close the gap between minority and non-minority business revenues in 6-8 years (at current pace, will take 100 years)
    • Create a $5 million Family Farms Initiative to aid small and micro-farms with financing
  • Put money back in your pockets
    • Tax rebates for everyone making less than $250,000
    • End wage theft and misclassification (treating employees as independent contractors)
    • Enforce unemployment regulations in cooperation with the Labor Commissioner (53% of Georgians denied unemployment during the pandemic were Black)
Healthcare and Housing
  • Expand Medicaid
    • Adults making $9/hr or less would be eligible for health insurance, including non-crisis mental health and substance abuse treatment
    • Will create 64,000 good-paying jobs across the state
  • Make housing more affordable for everyone.
    • Support first-time homeowners and provide financial education
    • Create a permanent fund to finance property tax deferments for working class households facing rapidly rising property taxes caused by out-of-state buyers or gentrification.
Education and Job Training
  • Increase funding to public schools and decrease over-disciplining of black children
  • Create 20,000 apprenticeships, including construction, entertainment and advanced energy
  • Restore free technical college
  • Expand access to HOPE and fund need-based aid for higher education, particularly at HBCUs
Criminal Justice and Public Safety
  • Focus law enforcement resources on serious violent crime
    • Support legislation to decriminalize marijuana and end poverty-based criminal penalties
    • Repeal extreme gun laws including criminal carry and close loopholes
    • Restore diversion programs and re-entry programs to support housing, healthcare and employment
  • Hold law enforcement accountable
    • Require accountability for law enforcement and correctional officers
    • Track officers with records of bad behavior and prevent them from getting new jobs
    • Create state guidelines that address use of force, de-escalation and crisis intervention

Black Men's Agenda | Stacey Abrams for Governor

TheJet

Superstar
Daps
Did Kemp ask for Black men’s vote, while offering nothing of substance in return?
Nah. I don't believe he did, but he has shown himself to be one of those good ol boy cracker types that's anti "woke" and that shyt ain't good for folks. I got fam In GA and I don't want them living under kkk rule

⠀X ⠀

Geoff
Daps
Nah. I don't believe he did, but he has shown himself to be one of those good ol boy cracker types that's anti "woke" and that shyt ain't good for folks. I got fam In GA and I don't want them living under kkk rule

Then tell your democrat politicians to get their shyt together when it comes to having a Black agenda.

Champ_KW

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
FYI, most groups that get things done also donate money as well as votes.

BM need to poole money together to donate to any org/party that will produce results from them.
How much did Afghans come up with to donate to get the results produced specifically for them? There are people that can't even legally vote and that dont donate a dime getting stuff done for them. It's always black people fault for missing out, huh? If only we donated more money.....if only we attended more meetings....if only we didn't buy necklaces instead of land....blah blah blah.

Phitz

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How much did Afghans come up with to donate to get the results produced specifically for them? There are people that can't even legally vote and that dont donate a dime getting stuff done for them. It's always black people fault for missing out, huh? If only we donated more money.....if only we attended more meetings....if only we didn't buy necklaces instead of land....blah blah blah.

Afghan refugees can't vote, you're comparing apples to oranges, and using dumb logic.
Alot of those families helped American soldiers in Afghanistan and the taliban were hunting them down and killing them for helping Americans? Just based off humanity are htey supposed to leave them there? Stop using stupid logic. Lack of comprehension and understanding how corrupt systems work is 50% of blk peoples problem.

Damn I hate this low critical thinking of some of you lemming ass posters...

the alphabet gang donates money, the jewish groups donate money, arab american groups donate money, all kind of special interests donate money..to get their demands met

how hard is that to comprehend? You can do it on a local, state, or national level. If you ahve to donate money to get lawmakers to push reparations(sp?) and some family court reform to recoup you money

You been born and raised in a c ountry how damn long and dont comprehend how the machine works FOH!

Champ_KW

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Afghan refugees can't vote, you're comparing apples to oranges, and using dumb logic.
Alot of those families helped American soldiers in Afghanistan and the taliban were hunting them down and killing them for helping Americans? Just based off humanity are htey supposed to leave them there? Stop using stupid logic. Lack of comprehension and understanding how corrupt systems work is 50% of blk peoples problem.

Damn I hate this low critical thinking of some of you lemming ass posters...

the alphabet gang donates money, the jewish groups donate money, arab american groups donate money, all kind of special interests donate money..to get their demands met

how hard is that to comprehend? You can do it on a local, state, or national level. If you ahve to donate money to get lawmakers to push reparations(sp?) and some family court reform to recoup you money

You been born and raised in a c ountry how damn long and dont comprehend how the machine works FOH!
Well, you're the one that said vote plus pooling money together to donate to organizations will get black men results. I simply showed you that a group that can't vote and don't donate, get resources and accommodations unlike black people. So dont get sassy with me cause you're premise is flawed. And the audacity for you to "be born and raised in a country" that spent well over 400 years conducting the greatest human travesty the world has known, and use the "just based off humanity" narrative when caping for non citizens who were basically turn coats to their own country during war, getting resources black people don't specifically get. There's nothing "low critical thinking" or "lemming ass poster" about what I said. So maybe next time you can chill out on all the cussing and neck rolling when someone presents you with correction.

Phitz

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well, you're the one that said vote plus pooling money together to donate to organizations will get black men results. I simply showed you that a group that can't vote and don't donate, get resources and accommodations unlike black people. So dont get sassy with me cause you're premise is flawed. And the audacity for you to "be born and raised in a country" that spent well over 400 years conducting the greatest human travesty the world has known, and use the "just based off humanity" narrative when caping for non citizens who were basically turn coats to their own country during war, getting resources black people don't specifically get. There's nothing "low critical thinking" or "lemming ass poster" about what I said. So maybe next time you can chill out on all the cussing and neck rolling when someone presents you with correction.

The only thing you showed me is that you can't think or comprehend

I dont fully blame you for that.. maybe just 80%