The Supreme Court decisions on Affirmative Action and student loans are set to drop today at 10 am.(Edit: Affirmative action struck down 6-3)

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It will stand because #Bothsides need something to use to rally their bases for the upcoming presidential election race. Its all apart of the orchestrated political theatre:respect:

Daps
Are you happy cac?
Again, I’m not white, and no I’m not happy.

But I am logical. I don’t expect people to support things that don’t benefit them. I expect people to take any advantage they can get, and if a black student can take advantage of affirmative action to have Harvard on their resume, then they should take it. I also don’t think it’s fair to assume that any black student at these schools was admitted at a lower threshold.

You seem like a very miserable person. I hope you find some happiness in life. I truly mean that. I don’t know what it feels like to consistently say nasty things to people on the web, and I hope I never do, but whatever has happened to you, I hope you can find happiness.

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Again, I’m not white, and no I’m not happy.

But I am logical. I don’t expect people to support things that don’t benefit them. I expect people to take any advantage they can get, and if a black student can take advantage of affirmative action to have Harvard on their resume, then they should take it. I also don’t think it’s fair to assume that any black student at these schools was admitted at a lower threshold.

You seem like a very miserable person. I hope you find some happiness in life. I truly mean that. I don’t know what it feels like to consistently say nasty things to people on the web, and I hope I never do, but whatever has happened to you, I hope you can find happiness.

cac is a term of endearment.

Plus I don't care about "pragmatism" when 100s of years of white supremacy made Black folks need these "special considerations in the first place.

Daps
AS

Honestly, it’s the right decision constitutionally…
Pragmatic opinions on the Coli are rare. You can’t expect other groups to sit back, and accept things that don’t benefit them. I think economic affirmative action should exist. That would take care of the black students who need the extra boost. Black families with money don’t have the same access to connections, but the kids aren’t in the same dire position.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
It's a setback, but schools will find a way around it. They'll just start using zipcodes, income bracket, high school demographics. These universities do not want all Indian and Asian student bodies.

Yup. These universities want black students and they proudly display it.

It's the corporations that are truly racist. Maybe brehs just aren't applying themselves, but In a company of 80, it be only 1 black person:hubie: