The Steam Controller

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This worth getting if you are too lazy to plug in/sync your PS4 controller for stuff like Ori, Cuphead, Nex Machina etc? Or should I just get a Logitech controller?

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
This worth getting if you are too lazy to plug in/sync your PS4 controller for stuff like Ori, Cuphead, Nex Machina etc? Or should I just get a Logitech controller?
Don't get a steam or logitech controller. Get an X1 controller and use that.

The steam controller is a plastic piece of shyt that was supposed to make M/KB obsolete. shyt's trash. The only way to go is to get an X1 controller.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I still use my Steam Controller every day. but mostly for navigating the desktop when I'm laying down

my thing is I already got a comfortable way to use the mouse/kb on my couch, so I stick with that for FPS games. I do use the Steam Controller to play games like Xcom and Factorio

basically for me it's great for non-FPS games that don't have good controller support. it can be better than a standard controller for games with xinput support, but it depends if the game can really use the extra functionality

it definitely has a learning curve, and will most likely be very uncomfortable at first. you also need to learn about the all the options to get the most out of it. I basically forced myself to play through FO4 with it. but doing that I learned how to use options like the gyro and touch-menu's, and ended up being pretty good with the controller

all that being said, if you plan on playing mostly xinput games, just get an xinput controller

the Steam Controller is best if you want to play PC games that don't have controller support. it's also a good general 'HTPC' remote

this is a good (long) video that came out recently: