The Steam Controller

str8up

dial 1900-raekwon
Supporter
Daps
I been using my ps4 controller, I don't play much online so no real need for something like this

str8up

dial 1900-raekwon
Supporter
Daps
I'm guessing you need some sort of sensor to use the ps4 controller on PC?

All you need is the 360 drivers I believe and a program called Input Mapper

Then you can connect it up with the usb charger for it or through bluetooth. Then you can map it however you want, it comes preset to work just like a normal controller

But you can use the touch pad as your mouse and shyt it's pretty cool.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
out of the blue my Steam Controller came today :blessed:

now that I check, I did get a shipping email. I must have missed it thinking it was just another wishlist email

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
tried some games. shyt's different and there's definitely a learning curve. so far I'd say it's not as good as mouse/kb for FPS aiming. it was easy to use with Divinity Original Sin though. steering in Project Cars with the pad (and not the stick) felt good too

there's a ton of options for customizing, and you can access them in-game (via the overlay). also easy access to user-created configs. gyro aiming seemed interesting. it took some getting used to, and I feel like I still need to find the proper sensitivity and such. haptics felt pretty cool. when you 'flick' the pad in trackball mode, the haptics click like a ball rolling and then slowing down. it really does help it to feel more intuitive

kinda wish you could use it outside of Big Picture Mode. but using it a little, I saw that BPM has come a long way since I last tried it

it's gonna take some getting used to, but there's definitely a lot of potential there. I'm probably gonna play through a FPS campaign to really get used to it