The Sopranos Series - Re-Watch (Spoilers!!!)

The Prince of All Saiyans

Formerly Jisoo Stan & @Twitter
Daps
sopranos-paulie.gif

You know, you fukked up, when the MOB has to throw you an intervention.
full
didn't you steal all those pork loin? :patrice:

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
Watched the doc and it was good even though it was more about Chase than they show (which is understandable). Getting to see some of the inspiration for characters/scenes/plots was cool.

Wish the doc would've gotten more cast members but obviously some have passed and others probably aren't in shape to do this. Crazy how HBO back then was playing politics even though they tried to pass themselves off as different from the other networks.

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
I just cant get past that lamp thing. How are the feds so stupid, planting a bug on a lamp that can be moved/thrown out at any moment.
I get that this is not a cop show but still :francis:
I do agree that the Feds only bugging the lamp is a bit farfetched. It's based on the feds tapping Angelo Ruggiero's house (including a lamp) in real life, which the title of the episode references.

The feds were supposed to play a way bigger role in this season, via this kind of shyt and trying to flip Livia. Nancy Marchand's passing led to a diminished role for the feds this season and a change of focus (the snitch role went to Adriana).

Daps
Reppin
Mile High
Watched the doc and it was good even though it was more about Chase than they show (which is understandable). Getting to see some of the inspiration for characters/scenes/plots was cool.

Wish the doc would've gotten more cast members but obviously some have passed and others probably aren't in shape to do this. Crazy how HBO back then was playing politics even though they tried to pass themselves off as different from the other networks.
I had to sit with it for awhile. It's a beautiful documentary. I feel like it was definitely about David chase . Getting inside of the mind behind the sopranos..I don't feel like a whole bunch of new information came to light...most of this stuff is known by fans who do research...

However, it was nice getting the actors outlook on things..it was kind of disjointed, if that makes sense... the intro was done with artistic intention...but the way the blended old and new interviews was a little confusing...

The one great take away for me, was his explanation of the last episode, and the ending...and the ending of the documentary got a genuine chuckle from me..

The last episode, tony walking into his own point of view, is something I feel I've always noticed..but didn't catch the space oddessy influence..I'm sure I've read opinions on Tony's pov and death...but that kind of hit me like yo...that makes perfect sense...

There is an old two part documentary on prime/freevee, Tubi etc...that is more so behind the scenes during the filming, I plan to revisit maybe tonight or tomorrow...

Also, if anybody is interested, I did find a YouTube channel with a few of the episodes like pine barrens and amour fou (best episodes) lol...with the DVD David chase commentaries...

Last edited:

jackswstd

Retired
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Most incompetent FBI ever. They had p*ssy, Ray Curto, Gene, Masserone, Adriana & they all either were found out and whacked or died of natural causes. Then at the end Carlo, Tony should’ve been locked up but they wanted to get him life when they could’ve settled for 10 or 20 years. It’s amazing with how incompetent he was as a boss, he tried to kill or killed the two guys who would’ve never ratted on him in Chrissy and Paulie.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
I thought the doc was really good. A nice blend of Sopranos talk, Chase backstory, and the process of creating the show.

I’d like to see a documentary on how the show became a pop culture phenomenon and discussing the seasons and big moments.

Chase and HBO still :troll: us with the ending. :dead:

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Mile High
It was a dope documentary. That 6A 6B move was :wow:
Its funny how, most actors that read for a part get called to play another one. Artie as Tony Soprano :russ:
Im watching this again. fukk it. not binging or anything. An ep here, an ep there
That's kinda how I feel lol...I've seen every episode so many times .when I started watching talking sopranos last year I did some of the same...I never got all the way through talking sopranos, I kinda started jumping around and then got busy and lost interest ..but it makes me want to revisit some sopranos stuff...

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
Also, HBO doing the cast dirty by not callng 6B officially season 7 was fukkboy shyt. They “split” season 6 so the cast wouldn’t get a raise. :scust:

These networks are greedy and dirty, man. Same shyt probably happened with Breaking Bad. I remember they “split” season 6.

I didn't watch the documentary, but what happened with that? I thought David Chase wanted season six to be longer so he could end the story properly, and HBO decided to order more episodes.