The Sony Pictures Leak F**kery Thread

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Team America was released in 2004 and it got backlash, but nothing like this because the world was way less sophisticated when it came to hacking and companies weren't storing/archieving every single thing digitally (yet). The backlash was crybaby blog posts by crybaby fukkwads that were crybabies about everything anyway and no one cared.
Plus yeah, puppets.
But if it got released today, trust it would be about as well received as the Interview.

I disagree. While the puppet angle helped a lot in getting away with a lot of non-PC stuff, it's also a movie that pokes fun at literally everything, with a main plot that parodies America's sense of self importance in the world (both by the government as well as celebrities) more extensive than it pokes fun at Kim Jong-Il or North Korea (or the Taliban for that matter).

The Interview of course, is dedicated entirely to a plot about the assassination of a government leader. And that makes a whole lot of difference.

EarlyMaridia

All Star
Daps
:wow: @ the hacks being connected to NK.

:wow:@ how quickly whomever made the terrorist threats are going to get thrown in the bushes by NK, if they get caught.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
What exactly did terrorist win?

On a couple fronts: They wanted the movie to not be released in theaters, that's going to happen. They also wanted the information they hacked to be disseminated in the public and they got that in droves. So if I'm working for them, I've accomplished all my goals

Edit: They knew what type of culture and people we are man and we folded like paraplegics

The Watcher

Judging you from afar
Daps
Reppin
Peepholes
I disagree. While the puppet angle helped a lot in getting away with a lot of non-PC stuff, it's also a movie that pokes fun at literally everything, with a main plot that parodies America's sense of self importance in the world (both by the government as well as celebrities) more extensive than it pokes fun at Kim Jong-Il or North Korea (or the Taliban for that matter).

The Interview of course, is dedicated entirely to a plot about the assassination of a government leader. And that makes a whole lot of difference.

That's fair. But there was an awful lot of backlash from Asians/Arabs that really didn't appreciate the Matt and Trey depiction of their culture, personally, I think it would've offended more people in 2014 than the Interview and would've gotten a very similar response. Probably more from the Middle East than from Asia. I do see what you are saying though and it's valid.

But I don't think North Korea is behind the Sony hack anyway, so it's a moot point based on hypothetical 2004 vs 2014 scenario.

SanchoPanda

I will take what is mine
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
On a couple fronts: They wanted the movie to not be released in theaters, that's going to happen. They also wanted the information they hacked to be disseminated in the public and they got that in droves. So if I'm working for them, I've accomplished all my goals
It's just a movie though. People make it as if the worlds number one terrorist just got freed.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Team America was released in 2004 and it got backlash, but nothing like this because the world was way less sophisticated when it came to hacking and companies weren't storing/archieving every single thing digitally (yet). The backlash was crybaby blog posts by crybaby fukkwads that were crybabies about everything anyway and no one cared.
Plus yeah, puppets.
But if it got released today, trust it would be about as well received as the Interview.
AND it was a cartoon

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
It's just a movie though. People make it as if the worlds number one terrorist just got freed.

Nah I agree with that, it's just a movie so in reality, it's not that serious, but releasing peoples private information, social security numbers, aliases, private conversations, that stuff is serious. And regardless of the seriousness of their goals, they still accomplished their goals