The Show Must Go On: 2013-14 Los Angeles Lakers thread

Yungin

Pro
Daps
lol, if we actually could do that I'd be back on my fakin shyt. But I think we gon get him either by some kinda trade in the future or sign him as a Unrestricted Free Agent. Right now we can't afford the nikka tho, but I get the same feeling from Jennings that I did with Caron and Odom....one day he gon be a Laker.

:dahell: why the fukk not?

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
:blessed: We got World Wide Wes!!! Swaggy P, Kaman, Farmar, now Wes, we finally got depth! Noe if Mitch can trade Blake for another wing player, :whew:

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think some of yall let them trolling bytches get to you when it comes to the Lakers cap situation.

All that Amnesty Kobe/Pau bullshyt was just that bullshyt. Getting rid of other one wouldn't offer that much in the way of cap space and sure as hell would never have made the team better since neither are easily replaceable.

Amnestying Metta was just like I said, it didn't give them any cap relief or allow them to go after a player they otherwise wouldn't have been able to get.

And best believe most of that Amnesty Pau/Kobe talk was on the low just nikkas trying to secure one of them for THEIR team.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nash
kobe
young
gasol
kaman

hill
johnson
odom
blake
meeks

we needed artest brehs i think?

Ron was a better defender than just about everybody you listed. Plus Ron could at least get physical with some of the most dynamic scorers in the league (many of whom happen to be SF's).

Zabi

LWO 4 Life
Daps
Reppin
LBC
Nash on KTLA

Q: Why did you think Dwight left?

Nash: He just didn't seem to be comfortable here.

Q: Did you think criticisms from Laker fans like telling Dwight not to smile played a part in that?

Nash: Not really, that was just a small extent. Dwight just didn't seem comfortable here. If he didn't like being here, then he shouldn't play here. I love playing here. Being a Laker, the experience has been remarkable. I love playing for this fanbase and playing for this franchise.

Q: Did you think it was smart to have both Kobe and D'Antoni in the meeting when Dwight had frictions with both?

Nash: They had to be there. Like I've said, we didn't have a chance coming in, but after the meeting we at least gave Dwight something to think about.

Q: Are you sad that Metta World Peace is gone?

Nash: Metta has been a great teammate. I'm really sad Metta's gone. Not so much sad about Dwight.

Q: What's going to happen this season? Are you disappointed you will be part of a re-building?

Nash: Not at all. It's hard to win a championship when 29 other teams are fighting for it. This Lakers franchise has a track record of winning. We'll get back to winning.

Q: Do you believe the idea of playing with Kobe may turn away some FA?

Nash: I don't think so. Not at all.

Q: Do you think LeBron or Carmelo will come to L.A.?

Nash: I don't get into those kind of things. But the Lakers' history speaks for itself. I'm sure the Lakers always have a shot. Even if guys like LeBron or Carmelo may want to stay with their teams, the thought of being a Laker will always peak their interest.

Q: I heard you're a great soccer player too!

Nash: I'm just overrated.