The Show Must Go On: 2013-14 Los Angeles Lakers thread

Lakerman0834

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Nope, and we won't be anytime soon due to Kobe's contract and with how bad the front office has been as of late. Best case scenario, we get the number one pick and we end up with Embiid, but more likely, we will end up with either Wiggins/Parker/Exum/Enes due to how bad this team is. But, as long as Durant & Bron are still playing, we are realistically in that predicament when Jordan was 3-peating in the late 90's, which is we will probably be a 2nd round at best squad in the playoffs that could be dangerous. The front office are not fans of Melo, he could have been had in 2011 if we traded Bynum for him, but Jim Buss wanted to save trading Bynum for Howard instead. We will probably have to do 1 year deals again to get Love for 2015, and in 2016 they should have a shyt load of cap space when Kobe retires. Lakers are eying Durant, but no chance at all he comes here, so that's what our future is looking like. :beli:
Buddy of mine saw durant here in NYC in September was telling him to come to LA tol him if he were to leave OKC itd be for the knicks :bryan:

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Rival executives from around the league believe the Lakers and Suns will likely resume trade discussions that will culminate in a deal that sends Pau Gasol to Phoenix in exchange for Emeka Okafor, according to Alex Kennedy of Basketball Insiders (via Twitter links). Executives believe Gasol is the best player the Suns could receive for Okafor’s expiring, insured contract.

Kennedy says it’s expected that Gasol will leave in free agency this summer, and executives believe the Lakers would like to receive assets for Gasol at the trade deadline rather than letting him walk away this summer for nothing.

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Do the lakers get anything besides okafar? like on of our picks back :beli:

-DMP-
:beli: Nah we probably won't. Originally Suns offered the Wizards pick, but Mitch wanted a young player back. This is probably the best and only team to we can dump Pau to, just getting a 1st round pick in a deep draft should be an alright trade. :yeshrug: Since we are going to tank, and with Kobe possibly missing the rest of the season, go full blown tank and trade everyone and anyone.

IGSaint12

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wow at blowing so many opportunities at trading pau for picks or at least a pick. The front office is inept and embarrassing.

Kobes Two Jerseys

8 or 24 best player of the era
Daps
Reppin
Fistful of jewels
:beli: Nah we probably won't. Originally Suns offered the Wizards pick, but Mitch wanted a young player back. This is probably the best and only team to we can dump Pau to, just getting a 1st round pick in a deep draft should be an alright trade. :yeshrug: Since we are going to tank, and with Kobe possibly missing the rest of the season, go full blown tank and trade everyone and anyone.
I'm all for it. I see people on the laker sites talking about, "don't let pau go". WTH do you want to keep him for? They're saying, "Get KLOVE"? For what? Wins are pointless right now. Stack up those losses and get a great draft pick.

Hater

R.I.P
Daps
Reppin
Lakers
I'm all for it. I see people on the laker sites talking about, "don't let pau go". WTH do you want to keep him for? They're saying, "Get KLOVE"? For what? Wins are pointless right now. Stack up those losses and get a great draft pick.
They actually think we can get Pau for Love:heh:Mos Laker fans are idiots man.. Coli got the most knowledgeable Laker fans i know.