The Show Must Go On: 2013-14 Los Angeles Lakers thread

IGSaint12

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I like Kobe, but he really has limited and killed us financially, which is why we need to kill it with the 1st round pick we get in the lottery, that's really the only and best way possible to get a franchise player for us right now. If we are trying to get Love, than it looks like we might have to do the same thing we did this season and sign a bunch of players to 1 year deals or trade for an expiring contract, have no clue what's gonna happen. Western Conference is already deep as fukk, and will get even tougher next season and our 1st round pick next season is only top 5 protected and than in 2 years its unprotected and goes to the Suns. :beli: But, as long as Pringles is coach, team has no future.

I really don't blame kobe for taking the deal he did. Kobe said he was willing to negotiate but the FO came to him with that contract and most wouldn't say they are going to take less right off the bat if that is what the FO is offering. I also think there aren't much players out there worth max contracts so the lakers obviously saw what the field was like and were comfortable with giving kobe the contract they did.

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
I really don't blame kobe for taking the deal he did. Kobe said he was willing to negotiate but the FO came to him with that contract and most wouldn't say they are going to take less right off the bat if that is what the FO is offering. I also think there aren't much players out there worth max contracts so the lakers obviously saw what the field was like and were comfortable with giving kobe the contract they did.
There really isn't. Outside of Melo, who else this summer is worth a max?

Deng? :heh:

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Bushed
Daps
Kobe says a lot of things. 3 months before he signed the contract Kobe said he wasn't going to sign for anything less than the max.
“For me to sit here and say, ‘Oh yeah, I’m just going to take a huge pay cut. Nah, I’m going to try to get as much as I possibly can.”

And there are several other quotes like that out there. Kobe was just trying to save face.

IGSaint12

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There really isn't. Outside of Melo, who else this summer is worth a max?

Deng? :heh:

And the front office said they weren't going after melo I think. So you are left with players like bledsoe and greg monroe. I don't think those guys are worth max contracts.

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
KyleSLamb.gif

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
brehs, how big of a an L will it be for Buss and Mitch is Melo ignores their max offer and go sign with Miami for 14mil/yr?? :lupe:

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
brehs, how big of a an L will it be for Buss and Mitch is Melo ignores their max offer and go sign with Miami for 14mil/yr?? :lupe:

how miami gonna do that?

wade resigning for sure. thats 20 mill

lebron getting max.. thats 20 something mill

bosh leaving I guess

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps
how miami gonna do that?

bosh leaving I guess

Bosh, Kobe, and Gasol :banderas: Naw but real talk, y'all season is over, I don't think Kobe is coming back. Do y'all think Kobe has one more championship in him before it's over?

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
how miami gonna do that?

bosh leaving I guess
rumor going around right now is that Melo could sign with the Heat if all of them sign for 14m/yr.

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Bosh, Kobe, and Gasol :banderas: Naw but real talk, y'all season is over, I don't think Kobe is coming back. Do y'all think Kobe has one more championship in him before it's over?

nah

:manny:

and Gasol? :camby: I already said I'm done with the franchise if he's back next season