The Show Must Go On: 2013-14 Los Angeles Lakers thread

Hater

R.I.P
Daps
Reppin
Lakers
Stephen A. Smith on Carmelo Anthony (1/22):
"He will leave, he wants to go to L.A. The Lakers are the prime destination for him. Although I've heard that the Lakers are not too enamored with grabbing Carmelo, it's just that they need to move beyond the Kobe era, and they understand that Carmelo is the prime free agent available."

Wait for Love.

Nolookpass

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
#LWO
I wouldn't have any problem with signing Melo this year to a 3 year deal(as long as is not the max), then getting Love next year, but that's not possible. So yeah wait for Love. Better player and he is younger.
Wouldn't want Melo, he not going to mesh well with the Mamba

theoretic

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Anybody else miss the fact that we used to have a roster full of 1st team All-NBA Goon Squad players?

Matt Barnes - always in some shyt :pachaha:
Metta - no comment necessaary :birdman:
Lamar Odom - usually pretty chill, but if we were getting blowed out, dude would turn his goon up to a thousand trillion. remember when he goldberg'd ray allen? :mjlol:
Andrew "Jimmy Snuka" Bynum - habitual league leader in fewest fukks given :wow:

those were the days :sadcam:

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
:camby: We don't need that fat chucker. If we get Melo, than who is going to be playing defense on this squad? Would much rather sign Deng or Lowry to a 3 year deal and save the max in 2015 for Love. :snoop: Knowing our front office, they waiting to give that 10+ mill contract to Pau because of how "loyal" the Lakers are. :beli: We are fukked since its looking like Embiid is going to stay, what's more important is finding a defensive anchor on the squad, we don't need to rely as much on scoring.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I think Embiid's gonna come out. He'll get better coaching at the pro level, plus the spacing is so shytty in the college game because of all the zones, he won't progress like he needs to.

Carmelo and Kobe could work. Melo is a good catch and shoot guy as well as isos. Get a PG like Lowry in there running the show and a big who can block shots (please give us Embiid :sadcam: ) and they'd be fine defensively. He wouldn't have to conserve as much energy on defense as he does with the Knicks. That roster is fukking pathetic. Honestly, who else is gonna create offense on that team? :scusthov:

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
is our best case scenario 6th pick?

teams we won't pass: utah boston milwaukee orlando philly