The Show Must Go On: 2013-14 Los Angeles Lakers thread

Daps
Reppin
RENO, Nevada
http://www.the-coli.com/coliseum/127436-d12-will-sign-la.html#.UdRxAvmgmgw

phil.jpeg

Howard can take easy way out of LA, or stay and become a legend - NBA - CBSSports.com News, Scores, Stats, Fantasy Advice

Who walks away from the Lakers when they'll have $50 million in cap space next summer, when James, Anthony, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh are free agents?

Lakers owner says it is no accident they have 2014 cap space | ProBasketballTalk

We purposely ended all contracts that year,” Buss said. “

“Yeah, depending on the free agents that year,” Buss said. “We would basically, money-wise, be able to sign the top free agent – maybe even two. I don’t know the numbers exactly, because we’re not privy to what the cap is and how much room we have, but it’s going to be close to two of the top free agents that year.”

dwight is using all these others teams as leverage to get a coaching change

th

Phil Jackson Counseling Lakers' Jeanie Buss To Improve Team | Lakers Nation

Jackson addressed the fact that the Lakers are way over the salary cap and are looking at $60-80 million in taxes in the upcoming season. The new CBA can severely penalize teams who are over the cap for multiple years in a row. With the Lakers having such a high payroll going into next season, it can really limit their flexibility, Jackson feels.

“For them to be able to move and to adjust to the process that goes on in the NBA, you have to have flexibility. The [way] the league is structured with its new CBA and how it penalizes teams – you can’t make moves,” said Jackson. “[With] guys like Carmelo [Anthony] and LeBron [James] in a couple of years, you’ve got to be capable of making a challenge for those kinds of players.”

[ame]https://twitter.com/timkawakami/status/352506133686124545[/ame]

[ame]https://twitter.com/timkawakami/status/352506840531222529[/ame]

th

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
After meeting with five teams, the world is now awaiting Dwight Howard’s decision. Will he stay with the Lakers or take his talents to Raising Cane’s? We’ll likely find out on Friday, July 5, at the very earliest.

If the Lakers aren’t able to re-sign Howard, the team will likely keep Gasol. However, the team won’t be able to relax next summer as Gasol becomes a free agent and he discussed his current situation in a radio interview with Catalunya Radio.

When asked about how his future will be affected if Dwight Howard re-signs, Gasol doesn’t believe the Lakers will automatically trade or amnesty him, but acknowledged that those chances would increase:

“I don’t think that Howard re-signing with the Lakers puts me out of the team for sure, but I guess the chances would grow. I know the Lakers are pushing hard trying to keep Howard with a spectacular campaign in Los Angeles, putting banners in key spots.”

While discussing the #STAYD12 banners around Los Angeles, Gasol decided to comment on his upcoming free agency and jokingly hopes that he receives the same treatment as Howard:

“I hope they (Lakers) do the same for me next season when I become a free agent…I doubt it.”
:russ: :salute: to Pau.

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Clippers hoping to get Carl Landry - looking for that kind of player - makes sense that Earl Clark would be a fallback plan.
:beli: Really Clark?

Chris Broussard ‏@Chris_Broussard
Teams interested in Kenyon Martin: Lakers, Clippers, Spurs, Knicks, Nets, source says
:ehh: Would be good to have 2 big off the bench with Hill & K-Mart.

Teal.

Solo Dolo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Notfit,GA
I always wondered why do we got sacre on the lakers bench i mean why is he here.? :wtf:

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I always wondered why do we got sacre on the lakers bench i mean why is he here.? :wtf:

After what happened last season are you seriously asking this?

Sacre is cheap and plays hard, and he came in handy this year when every other big went down with an injury at damn near the same time.