The Show Must Go On: 2013-14 Los Angeles Lakers thread

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That veto continues to haunt us. It was supposed to be CP3, Dwight, and Kobe.....with CP3 and Dwight carrying the team for the future.

Considering what we know now about Dwight I don't think him and CP3 would have worked out.

But yeah that trade Mitch pulled off was brilliant, if not for the league conspiring against us shyt would have gone through.

Bilz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
2w3yhrr.jpg
Chris Broussard and Dr. Peter Vankmen.
:dead: at the ridiculous bow tie and the cheap mismatched suit combo.

119608-actor-paul-reubens-as-pee-wee-herman-arrives-at-the-opening-night-of-t.jpg

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
I'd say Mitch broke even in terms of his career as GM cuz I can remember full well what it was like when he would never do shyt and we shytted on him something serious. But, the Ariza move, the Gasol trade, the S Breezy move, were all very good moves and moves we would of never expected from Mitch prior so the good thing is Mitch can keep growing on the job but its obvious he still got bonehead ways about him. Makes you wonder how different shyt would of ended up had Dr. Buss of sold Logo a piece, we might of kept Shaq, may not of had Phil for as long, but considering that Magic sold his shares it makes you wonder if the wrong Laker was given a share to after all. :ehh:
broke even how? :skip:

Hater

R.I.P
Daps
Reppin
Lakers
Carmelo Anthony says Kobe’s health will be key factor in determining whether free agents want to play for Lakers

But as [Carmelo Anthony] chatted briefly with USA TODAY Sports about Kobe Bryant’s two-year, $48.5 million extension, he may as well have been speaking for the entire free agency class of 2014 when he made this not-so-surprising statement: Bryant’s health and performance, rather than the size of his deal, likely will determine whether anyone of equal stature joins him this summer. When asked if free agents like himself would see Bryant as a star who is still worthy of joining in order to contend for a title, Anthony said, “I mean you’ll have to see. It’s hard to gauge at this point, not until he comes back (from his April Achilles tendon tear) and figures some things out. So I don’t know. They might have some plans up their sleeve.”

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports....-whether-free-agents-want-to-play-for-lakers/

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Bushed
Daps
I'd say Mitch broke even in terms of his career as GM cuz I can remember full well what it was like when he would never do shyt and we shytted on him something serious. But, the Ariza move, the Gasol trade, the S Breezy move, were all very good moves and moves we would of never expected from Mitch prior so the good thing is Mitch can keep growing on the job but its obvious he still got bonehead ways about him. Makes you wonder how different shyt would of ended up had Dr. Buss of sold Logo a piece, we might of kept Shaq, may not of had Phil for as long, but considering that Magic sold his shares it makes you wonder if the wrong Laker was given a share to after all. :ehh:
His moves in the 07-08 season were great, but it quickly went down hill from there. We had one of the youngest teams in 09. 2 years later we were one of the oldest.

Yay Yay

Rookie
Daps
@MarkG_Medina

Mitch Kupchak on giving Kobe two-year extension worth $48 million: "I don't think its any doubt we'll play in this league at a high level."

@Mike_Bresnahan

Kupchak on Kobe extension: "The uncertainty of [next] summer is behind us now. We know we have Kobe in the fold this year and 2 more years."

@Mike_Bresnahan

Mitch says Lakers can judge Kobe contract extension in two years. "Maybe we got a deal. Maybe we didn't."

@LakersReporter

Mitch Kupchak on re-signing Bryant: “It’s been our intent all along. You started your career as a Laker … and end as a Laker.”

@LakersReporter

Asked if this was a business as much as a hoops decision, Kupchak said that every decision involves both. That’s how Dr. Buss operated.

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Bushed
Daps
Lets take a look at some of the moves Mitch made over the years

He let the team around Shaq and Kobe get old. The Lakers lacked youth and athleticism, but he thought Kobe and Shaq were good enough to win rings on their own. He then made the same mistake years later with the Kobe and Pau teams. Even the years we won championships we always had one of the worst benches in the entire league.

Signed Devean George to a 4 year contract. What made this deal worse was he used the MLE to sign him instead of using his Bird rights. :why:

Traded Shaq to Miami for Odom, Caron and Brian Grant. - Awful trade. We could have gotten a lot more for Shaq at the time.

Traded Gary Payton, Rick Fox and a first round draft pick for Chucky Atkins, Jumaine Jones and Mihm. (That draft pick turned into Rajon Rondo.) :comeon:

Traded Caron Butler for Kwame Brown. Then extended him to a 25mil/3yrs. :dead:

Signed Vladimir Radmanvic to a 30 mil/5 yr deal :laff:

Re-signed Luke Walton to a 30 mil/6 yr deal :dead:

Signed old washed up players like Mckie, Divac, Rider etc etc etc to contracts instead of signing younger players.

Traded our 2009 first round pick to the Knicks for a second round pick.

Signed a 30 year old Ron Artest to a 36 mil/ 5yr deal

Traded Sasha Vujacic and a first round pick for Joe Smith and 2 second round picks

Traded Lamar Odom and a second round pick for a top 20 protected first round pick. (Lamar was coming off the best year of his career. They could have gotten a lot more for him)

Refused to trade Pau after the Chris Paul deal was nixed. Turned down Scola, Kevin Martin, first round picks and Dragic for Pau. :why:

Traded 4 draft picks for a 38 year old Steve Nash then signed him to a 28mil/ 3yr deal :dead:

Hired Mike Dantoni, Rudy T and Mike Brown.

How can we forget how he fukked up the 2003 draft? The Laker scouts had Barbosa and Josh Howard ranked higher than Luke Walton and Brian Cook, but Mitch went against what they said and still drafted Cook and Walton, because he thought they would fit the triangle better. :pachaha:

This fool wanted to draft a fat undersized power forward in Sean May 10th when Monta Ellis, Brandon Bass, Bynum, Granger and David Lee were still on the board. :dead: He still passed on Monta in the second round and drafted Von Wafer instead.
Another thing I forgot to add. The FO fukked up the Dwight situation. By February it was clear that Dwight wasn't going to re-sign with us. They should have traded him to New Jersey for draft picks. The deal Boston got for KG and Pierce should have been ours.

Yay Yay

Rookie
Daps
So is the plan really to sign Melo, IDK it seems like this may be the case. Can we get Melo and Love with the new CBA? IDK about this.
Was thinking the same thing. Those two would have to take a paycut and that's without factoring in the payroll for the rest of the team unless Lakers going over the cap (those w/ Bird rights).

Dr. Buss was always willing to spend:manny:

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Bushed
Daps
So is the plan really to sign Melo, IDK it seems like this may be the case. Can we get Melo and Love with the new CBA? IDK about this.
No we can't. We only have one max slot left.

That Laker Reporter is useless. He doesn't know what he is talking about.

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
:krs: Yo you niccas seen the shot this BUM ass dude Pau Gasol just took at Kobe's extension?? :ohhh: Since when did Pau get :bustback: