The Show Must Go On: 2013-14 Los Angeles Lakers thread

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
what he say?

What did this soft fakkit say?
About how the extension caught a lot people(mostly him and his agent :russ:) off guard and that the Lakers decided to pay kobe without even seeing how he comes back from the injury. here's the full quote:
“It caught a lot of people off guard unexpectedly without him being back playing and showing how well he recovered from that injury,” Gasol said. “But other than that, it was a great extension for him. As far as me or For the team, what I’m most concerned about is how can you add other pieces around him, valuable pieces so we can win a title. That’s the only concern. I’m not familiar with the mathematics or the equation here. That’s the only concern.”

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
California
@GreatestLaker dropped some serious ether.

Honestly I am not sure how I feel bout Melo. I hate how he slows the ball movement, his style can kill momentum quick.

Realistically I'm trying to see how our roster will look by next season.

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps
I wish they had offered a contract that would have fit in two other Max players, hopefully someone's willing to take a slight paycut. I was really hoping Kobe would resign at 2/35-40 :manny:

You wanted the lakers to offer Kobe a contract that started at like $5mil a year (what it would have taken to open space for two max spots)? :patrice:

Which two players would you want to max out this summer?

Basically...like I said in the other thread, assuming the lakers always planned on resigning kobe, his extension didn't really change too much far as what they could do...they still have room for another max player...and if he signed a deal starting at like 18m-20m instead of what he ended up signing, the difference is 3-5mil of extra space...enough for one sub-mid level exemption caliber player (the jason terry's of the world) or a couple min contract guys...every little bit helps I'm sure, but I'm leaning towards that not being the difference between the lakers contending or not

Last edited:

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
The more I think about it, the front office made it clear they don't think any of the big name free agents this year are worth paying the max, so they're going all in on Kobe and filling in the pieces around him.

I bet they make a run at Lance Stephenson or Eric Bledsoe, Ariza (I definitely think he'll be back), Chandler Parsons, Greg Monroe and Ed Davis, while bringing back quite a few of the guys they have now.

Hill, Farmar, Young and Kaman should definitely be brought back. I like what I've seen from Wes Johnson too, even though his shot is erratic. Gasol is good as gone unless he takes a massive pay cut.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
someone mentioned lowry and deng-- ill take them 2 over melo.
I'll take Deng if they trade for him this year, but I want Ariza back if they're choosing between the two in free agency. He'll be much cheaper.

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
The more I think about it, the front office made it clear they don't think any of the big name free agents this year are worth paying the max, so they're going all in on Kobe and filling in the pieces around him.

I bet they make a run at Lance Stephenson or Eric Bledsoe, Ariza (I definitely think he'll be back), Chandler Parsons, Greg Monroe and Ed Davis, while bringing back quite a few of the guys they have now.

Hill, Farmar, Young and Kaman should definitely be brought back. I like what I've seen from Wes Johnson too, even though his shot is erratic. Gasol is good as gone unless he takes a massive pay cut.
It does not matter that they didn't think they'd be able to get big name free agents. Kobe is not worth that 24 million against the cap.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
It does not matter that they didn't think they'd be able to get big name free agents. Kobe is not worth that 24 million against the cap.
They could be doing it to protect themselves from giving out a bad contract that lasts twice as long. :manny: