The Show Must Go On: 2013-14 Los Angeles Lakers thread

MustafaSTL

Achievement In Every Field of Human Endeavor
Daps
And if we draft Wiggins, Randle or Parker then what nikka?

I better not see you rooting for Wiggins, Randle or Parker if they end up in a Lakers jersey.
:what: I'm rooting for the Lakers no matter what. So if the team takes a strategy I don't agree with, I can't root for that team anymore? What kind of shyt is that?

So if the Lakers don't tank, make some other moves, I better not see you rooting for those players next year, how about that.

Hell, who am I kidding, you're not rooting for the Lakers to win right now anyway.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
And if we draft Wiggins, Randle or Parker then what nikka?

I better not see you rooting for Wiggins, Randle or Parker if they end up in a Lakers jersey. :ufdup:

Orlando won the Dwight trade.

They drafted Joe Johnson 4 years later and traded him too. Imagine if they had kept those guys.
They woulda had a PG who never reached his potential, a SG who retired early and a max player in Joe Johnson. Some future. :heh:

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
:what:

It's ass backwards to build a team the way any competent front office does? Tell me, how many teams won championships by using the tank strategy in the NBA. Now tell me how many teams have won championships by drafting, trading, and acquiring free agents.

But using the usual way to build teams is ass backwards to you.

Who would you consider a competent front office? The Spurs, who held Robinson out way longer than necessary in order to improve their draft position and increase their chances of landing Duncan. The Thunder? Who were able to build with a bunch of top 5 picks? The Heat who caught lightening in a bottle by having all those free agents come free at the same time and bottomed out for a year by not signing any long term contracts. Pacers are the rare team who was able to find a bunch of players in the draft. The key to any team at or near the top is usually a top 3 pick and building around that player or signing a true superstar.

To trade you need assets which the Lakers don't have. Lakers have a lot of cap room this coming year with not many worthwhile free agents out there to build around. To win in this league you need a superstar. The best chance to get one is to draft them since the league is doing more and more to make it so free agents will want to stay with their teams.. By losing you're not guaranteeing yourself a top pick but at least you put yourself in the running. Plus as somebody already mentioned the Lakers have hardly any picks for the future so they need to strike while they have the chance.

Trust me I watch EVERY Laker game and throw shyt as they do stupid shyt to cost themselves games. I'm still a fan and root for them so don't get it twisted. But in the grand scheme of things it makes more sense for the future for the team to bottom out.

BlakeSuperior

and The Scene
Daps
Reppin
Chicago/Denver/LA
:what: I'm rooting for the Lakers no matter what. So if the team takes a strategy I don't agree with, I can't root for that team anymore? What kind of shyt is that?

So if the Lakers don't tank, make some other moves, I better not see you rooting for those players next year, how about that.

Hell, who am I kidding, you're not rooting for the Lakers to win right now anyway.
I'm a Laker fan. I'm thinking about the future so no, 60 more games of watching Kobe knowing that he's gonna come back isn't worth this opportunity to possibly DRAFT a future cornerstone. That opportunity doesn't come around often for us.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
It'd be interesting to see the Lakers high up in the draft by anything other than trade. Can't lie, being able to draft a future franchise player, re-sign Kobe to a more cap friendly deal, maybe get another superstar in free agency. It'd make for interesting episodes of GSOE, they just need to get rid of the f'ucktoni plotline. :ehh:

Daps
Reppin
#LWO
That was dope ball movement at the end. Nice extra pass by Wes Johnson too bad it didn't fall. But brehs It's sad that we're down to the Pistons :aicmon: