The Show Must Go On: 2013-14 Los Angeles Lakers thread

Zabi

LWO 4 Life
Daps
Reppin
LBC
The Lakers' plan if Dwight stays? Much different. Pau is all but a goner, most likely via amnesty provision to save more than $60 million in luxury-tax payments. The oft-traveled path of trying to trade Pau remains in play if Dwight stays -- though a scenario that brings back some talent and doesn't cause payroll risks for the future is so far unknown.

Metta, not Pau, gets to stay for the final season on his Lakers' contract. Earl Clark remains a candidate to return because Pau's power-forward spot would be open.

Here is the Lakers' plan if Dwight leaves: Keep Pau for final year of his deal. Use amnesty provision to cut Metta and save $30 million in luxury-tax payments. Re-sign Earl Clark if reasonable, sign someone else on the cheap and/or plug in Meeks or Blake to the starting lineup that will have two vacancies without Dwight and Metta but still Pau. Jordan Hill is the only other frontcourt player under contract right now.

Why would they amnesty Pau, we could get something back for him. :dahell: Do they know what the fukk they are doing in the FO. :snoop:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Why would they amnesty Pau, we could get something back for him. :dahell: Do they know what the fukk they are doing in the FO. :snoop:

Both of the plans sound stupid.

ESPECIALLY the one about starting Meeks or Blake. Who would be our starting SF....Kobe?

Then amnesty Pau Gasol and get NOTHING back as the other proposal?

:snoop:

How bout we start with firing Mike D'Antoni:ufdup:

SoulController

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Almighty Garden State
was never a 'fan' of Kobe but ive gained a ton of respect for dude over the past few seasons. this is just an injustice to an alltime great player, surrounding him with absolute swill

BK just reloaded in 1 night, these dudes will have gotten 15 games worse by the end of the summer barring something really unforeseen. unfair to a guy who really busts his ass to prepare and compete

CanesMiamiLakers

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Damn these nikkas seem confused they could've traded pau for Derrick Williams and Beasley now you gone cut him for nothing...I can't blame Dwight I wouldn't play for these idiots

verbaltelekinesis

LWO Joint Chief
Daps
Reppin
Dallas
I don't know man, I can't even call it at this point. I'm just about done with Mitch too!

I just don't understand what they're doing in the front office. G-lock was one of the few bright spots in the series against the SPurs and he can't get a contract? On this team right now, I only see 3 players you can count on for effort, Kobe, Jordan Hill and Metta. I left out Earl Clark because it looks like they don't want to pay him either.

And fukk PAU just because!!!

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
I'm all full blown apathy mode, until huge changes are made GOAT franchise as an empire and a respectable brand of basketball is dead and gone. Kobe has to be the most disrespected all time great ever, Lakers ain't deserve this nikka. :beli:

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
This summer’s most-sought-after NBA free agent reportedly will drag out the drama when it comes to announcing which team he’ll play for next. A source close to Dwight Howard told ESPN Los Angeles Howard will be ready to choose and announce his free agent destination on July 10. Speculation on Howard’s destination will continue until July 10, the first day NBA free agents can officially sign or re-sign with a team.
http://tracking.si.com/2013/06/28/dwight-howard-lakers-free-agent/

so Dwight Howard outchea giving us deadline to get rid of D'antoni and Kobe?? :heh: :snoop :to: do we got a choice? :to:

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
We might as well amnesty Kobe if your not going to retool properly and compete on some level.

If we keep Antoni, we are saying fukk you to Dwight-He is gone.

Kobe doesnt come back till december (IMO) to a hapless roster. Blake (lets be real nash is not going to be healthy) meeks metta (if he is not amnestied) pau( same for pau) and hill/clark?

:comeon:

We need to tank, its in the best interest for the future. :yeshrug:

Edit...Maybe thats why they wont fire Antoni, FO knows we need to tank too :ohhh:

-DMP-

Daps
Reppin
RENO, Nevada
Report: Dwight Howard to announce free agent destination on July*10 | SI Wire

so Dwight Howard outchea giving us deadline to get rid of D'antoni and Kobe?? :heh: :snoop :to: do we got a choice? :to:

reading between the lines of this

its an ultimatum to the FO to reaplce antoni with PHIL.... hes giving the FO time to make the move.. if he was just going to leave we wouldnt being hearing all this from him day in n day out

KOBE aint going nowhere.. (you all underestimate how much REVENUE he alone brings in for the team.) and dwight knows that PHIL is the only person on the planet kobe will listen to

Phil knows the deal with the CAP room we will have in o14 and it would be ALOT easier to lure the top FA of that class with having phil on the sidelines

players would feel more comfortable playing with kobe if the know phil will be on the bench..

i dont know why all of you are acting like the sky is falling.. everything is setting up for us to be championship contenders for the next 5+yrs

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
reading between the lines of this

its an ultimatum to the FO to reaplce antoni with PHIL..

KOBE aint going nowhere and dwight knows that PHIL is the only person on the planet kobe will listen to

Phil knows the deal with the CAP room we will have in o14 and it would be ALOT easier to lure the top FA of that class with having phil on the sidelines

players would feel more comfortable playing with kobe if the know phil will be on the bench..

i dont know why all of you are acting like the sky is falling.. everything is setting up for us to be championship contenders for the next 5+yrs

nah bruh, rumors are Dwight aint too fond of playing for D'antoni or with Kobe :merchant:. I think he's tryin to push the FO to get rid of both.

TYBG

Ditty Dum Ditty Doo
Supporter
Daps
i had a little hope but after drafting useless cac from Duke last night im close to being done. Then Miami got Ennis right after us :dead:

From Long Beach and everything too:sadbron: