The SEGA Dreamcast 15th Anniversary/ appreciation thread

CJ

Your objective semi-troll
Daps
Reppin
6ix
I still remember the first time I walked by EB Games and they had NFL 2K playing on a TV through the glass facing you as you passed by in the mall.

That was one of the last :ohlawd: :ohlawd: :ohlawd: gaming moments I can remember. shyt literally looked like real life at the time :to:

Sega Dreamcast/Cash Money Records with the GOAT 2 -year run in 1999-2000 :dead: :sadcam: I'm sorry Sega for pirating all that PIFF via Newsgroups, I truly am. :to:

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
250px-NBA_2K1_Cover.jpg
:lawd: droppin 60 points with red man at rucker park:wow:

cover.jpg

is to much to ask for a shenmue HD collection along with shenmue 3 :to::to:
Made me fall in love with the Dreamcast...

Could've been the GOAT system:to:

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
I remember using that long ass wire, connecting it to my phone line, and going in on some 56k nba 2k :ohhh: Just the free trial of 30 days tho. I remember getting that work from some dude as the Kings, making fadaway threes in the corner with Vlade Divac and shyt:sadcam:

And as others have posted, dreamcast had all the fighting games. 3rd Strike, Marvel 2, Capcom vs SNK. Crazy how we used to play those on that ass controller.

And of course, Shenmue. If you play that game today, it still holds up graphically.
My greatest memory still was playing with the Hornets online (I think I had Baron Davis) and playing some cheating ass nikka in an exhibition game. I was down by 1 point, had Davis come off a curl screen on an in bounds play and dunked all over that fuk nigha :gladbron::banderas:

Then he disconnects the game before it could officially end:banderas:

CJ

Daps
Reppin
6ix
I remember using that long ass wire, connecting it to my phone line, and going in on some 56k nba 2k :ohhh: Just the free trial of 30 days tho. I remember getting that work from some dude as the Kings, making fadaway threes in the corner with Vlade Divac and shyt:sadcam:

And as others have posted, dreamcast had all the fighting games. 3rd Strike, Marvel 2, Capcom vs SNK. Crazy how we used to play those on that ass controller.

And of course, Shenmue. If you play that game today, it still holds up graphically.
:dead: breh I drove to the other side of the city just to get the keyboard so I could talk trash online. Lol. Looking back I'm actually amazed how consistent the connection was over 56k. I don't recall having as much lag as I do now on even better internet, LOL. I use to always use the Bucks (Ray Allen/G-Rob), Hornets (B Davis/Mashburn), or even my Raps... (Kevin Willis was a problem in that game for some fukking reason :laff:)

nairdas

I've Destroyed Whole Planets
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Shenmue, sonic adventure, soul calibur, MvC2, street fighter 3 3rd strike, power stone 1&2... :wow: :wow: :wow: Dreamcast had some straight classics. The system that really got me into fighters.

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I feel ashamed for not ever playing one.:to:

It's a shame since it was a console that did almost everything right and it still died.

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
Wasn't Dreamcast the first console to implement online gaming? Even tho it was dialed up and pretty much trash.

I miss this console I might fukk around and get one off ebay

CJ

Daps
Reppin
6ix
So easy to copy games though lol
:mjlol:
Breh you could literally download the game, open the iso, and change the audio as all the music tracks were in mp3 form. I basically would take all the songs out and put my own shyt in.

Nothing better than listening to 8 Ball and MJG while viewing the opening scene to Disney's Magical Racing :russ:

Last edited:

Champion

#RxLife #UCF #FAMU
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town to Tampa
This is the only console I've owned that I had buyers remorse about. Words really can't describe how heated I was when Sega announced they were killing support and dropping out the console market. Not to mention the fact that nobody owned the damn thing. IIRC they moved like 10 million of these things and the majority of that was in bargain bins and flee markets.

I'm not a fan of this console at all.

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
Bought this launch day 15 years ago & never regretted it. Still have my console & will fire it up tonight. GOAT console that set the standard for all consoles today. I miss SEGA's console innovation till this day.