The Secret to good Chinese Food: Look for 3.5 Star rating

VertigoKnight

Veteran
Daps
My tip go into places you see old Asian people eating in as they will be very blunt if the food is shyt.

I sometimes go to this Hong Kong joint that one of my Paags takes me to. The place is not flashy but the food is amazing and its mostly full of old Hong Kongers.

I tend to avoid ethnic places that have an abudance of white people eating there. As you know the food will crafted to their palate.

There is this Taiwanese place that opened up near me. The decor was great, the lighting and space was big and it was started by a Taiwanese woman. Decided to go.

Of a big ass restaurant apart from the woman I was with, and this asian couple who came in 20 mins after us. Everybody else was white, all the servers were white, the bar staff was white, dare not even ask who was in the kitchen. The food was so so but I never went back.

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
If I see Chinese people eating there, I'll go in.

If I dont see Chinese people there i wont eat there and dont trust it.

You see Indian people eat at Indian restaurants, Jamaicans eat at Jamaican restaurants, Arabs at shawarma/middle eastern spots, etc. Alot of these Chinese restaurants I dont see Chinese people.. I dont trust those.
This

Any ethic food that the people don’t eat there is very suspect

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
An easier method is to see if they have the mustard in packets or in those silver cups.

Just like Japanese places and the ginger salad dressing.
yep facts,
People don't realize because they all have different names,

but all of this shyt comes from one singular restaurant chain. They all have the same containers, same sauce packets, same food, and even the same to go bags,
it's mcdonalds for chinese food but they can all use unique names on the store fronts. so people think they're different.
Look at the pictures below and tell me you haven't been to at least two chinese places with different names using the same shyt.
fold-pakgroupproduct-jpg.jpg

chinesetakeout-shutterstock.JPG

Just find a place that uses different stuff (Ie container that are unique to that restaurant and not the generic ones posted above) and generally it is going to be better.

LiveFromLondon

Superstar
Daps
You see Indian people eat at Indian restaurants, Jamaicans eat at Jamaican restaurants, Arabs at shawarma/middle eastern spots, etc. Alot of these Chinese restaurants I dont see Chinese people.. I dont trust those.
Funny theres Chinese spots ran by Afghans fresh of the boat in London and the food be having no flavour.

froggle

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They opened up a new Jamaican spot around the way and I checked the reviews and everyone kept saying how great their service was. I knew the food had to be beyond trash because there ain’t one friendly Jamaican that works in hospitality. :what:

I found one that was rated 1 star only because of terrible and rude their service was and I knew that was the golden spot I had to check out:gladbron:
:dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead:

invalid

Banned
Daps
Th better the food, the more authentic it is, the more likely they serve cat and dog. I’ll pass.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
yep its like if you see an obese black woman in a carribean restaurant in the back
usually the food gonna be :noah:

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
yep facts,
People don't realize because they all have different names,

but all of this shyt comes from one singular restaurant chain. They all have the same containers, same sauce packets, same food, and even the same to go bags,
it's mcdonalds for chinese food but they can all use unique names on the store fronts. so people think they're different.
Look at the pictures below and tell me you haven't been to at least two chinese places with different names using the same shyt.
fold-pakgroupproduct-jpg.jpg

chinesetakeout-shutterstock.JPG

Just find a place that uses different stuff (Ie container that are unique to that restaurant and not the generic ones posted above) and generally it is going to be better.
Good luck finding one

We should create or find a list

97Pac

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
If I see Chinese people eating there, I'll go in.

If I dont see Chinese people there i wont eat there and dont trust it.

Man all the Chinese people in college would complain about American Chinese food but the line at Panda express on campus would be full of Asian students