The Rise and Fall of Online Dating

Lieutenant Daniels

I’m up for Major
Daps
Reppin
Major case squad
The tactics these dating apps use against men are straight evil :dead:

You sign up and immediately they show you the hottest women "in your area" :dead:

Then you get notifications that women have looked at your profile, and you now have a message in your inbox, but it's locked so you have to pay the subscription price to unlock it :deadrose:

Then after you look at 5 profiles you have to go premium in order to see more đź’€

OKCupid is a perfect example of this, sh*t was lit from 2006 - 2012, open market, you can look at any profile and message any woman you choose to. Then they slowly switched it up to the point where the site is unusable.

Bumble is like this also. You’ll swipe and swipe and get like 10 matches but have 80+ likes in the blurred out “who likes you” section. You pay to look at that only to discover it’s women who live 80 miles away, bots, land whales, and other undesirable women smh :hhh:

The only paid app that produces the best results, if can even call it that, is hinge

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
Bumble is like this also. You’ll swipe and swipe and get like 10 matches but have 80+ likes in the blurred out “who likes you” section. You pay to look at that only to discover it’s women who live 80 miles away, bots, land whales, and other undesirable women smh :hhh:

The only paid app that produces the best results, if can even call it that, is hinge
Hinge was literally the only service I ever paid for. $20 for like 3 months was a good damn deal in 2019.

Daps
Plenty of fish was lit.
Ngl, I got my body count soooo high off POF. Best dating app for brehs trying to get some from regular/average jawns.

Could only pull 1 Latina and she was half white but....sistas and pawgs ages 25 to 50 was like a buffet line. Single moms with kids that are older was the sweet spot for fukkery. The women just wanted some weekend dikk and a man to cook for. They barely wanted to talk during the week. That's the dream for a 20-something man.

Tommy Lee Jones

All Star
Daps
the sink is shipping for dating apps. the stock has been going down for months and it's only going to get worse. people arent paying for it as much anymore and everyone burnt out from it. the apps played too many games and got greedy now people are turned off by them. gonna be interesting to see what happens to them over the next few years.

hood b. goode

shytposter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ProSports: NOLA. College: UMich. Europe: Arsenal
Dating apps is the only business model on earth where they treat the paying customers as 2nd class citizens and give them a shytty experience. So you telling me the nonpaying customers (women) are more flaky and inconsistent than ever, and men get no ROI for paying from roses / upgrades / subscriptions?

Youre telling me that the paying customers have the audacity to want a return on investment? :troll:

Hmmm why is this business model failing? :troll: Lets hire some Stanford economics professors to dig into this

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
The tactics these dating apps use against men are straight evil :dead:

You sign up and immediately they show you the hottest women "in your area" :dead:

Then you get notifications that women have looked at your profile, and you now have a message in your inbox, but it's locked so you have to pay the subscription price to unlock it :deadrose:

Then after you look at 5 profiles you have to go premium in order to see more đź’€

OKCupid is a perfect example of this, sh*t was lit from 2006 - 2012, open market, you can look at any profile and message any woman you choose to. Then they slowly switched it up to the point where the site is unusable.
:wow:2006-2012 was GOAT'd I'd extended it to 2016.

now all these mufukas charging like 20 a week, just to see who liked you :mjlol:

Last edited:

Tommy Lee Jones

All Star
Daps
Dating apps is the only business model on earth where they treat the paying customers as 2nd class citizens and give them a shytty experience. So you telling me the nonpaying customers (women) are more flaky and inconsistent than ever, and men get no ROI for paying from roses / upgrades / subscriptions?

Youre telling me that the paying customers have the audacity to want a return on investment? :troll:

Hmmm why is this business model failing? :troll: Lets hire some Stanford economics professors to dig into this
the first sentence sounds like prostitution lmao