The Rise and Fall of Online Dating

Daps
Reppin
NYC
The tactics these dating apps use against men are straight evil :dead:

You sign up and immediately they show you the hottest women "in your area" :dead:

Then you get notifications that women have looked at your profile, and you now have a message in your inbox, but it's locked so you have to pay the subscription price to unlock it :deadrose:

Then after you look at 5 profiles you have to go premium in order to see more šŸ’€

OKCupid is a perfect example of this, sh*t was lit from 2006 - 2012, open market, you can look at any profile and message any woman you choose to. Then they slowly switched it up to the point where the site is unusable.

Belize King

I got concepts of a plan.
Daps
Plenty of fish was lit.
I was a POF playa. Found a lot of ā€œloveā€ on that site.
:russ:
Found my wife from that site too.
:blessed:
Caught a few on My Space but that wasnā€™t my site. Caught a few off the yahoo chat rooms too. OKCupid didnā€™t hit for me. Hi5 for Belize. Caught one off black planet. I didnā€™t have Facebook game.
:francis:
I caught all kind of strange off Craigslist. Wild times.
:heh:
I was out the game by the time Tinder became a the spot. Never pulled off insta.
:snoop:
The generation behind us just donā€™t know. Internet from ā€˜95-ā€˜10 was the wild Wild West.
:picard:

Ahadi

Veteran
Daps
Facts, even as an intoverted breh that isn't really for cold approaching, to a certain extent I'm gonna have to become more comfortable with it. It's best to build rapport with women you see in person and go from there

Youā€™re already one-upping the competition by having the ability to hold a convo in this social climate.

A lot of men across all ethnic groups are scared to approach.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I watched this video and if you think online dating is a scam and that these dating apps are a waste of money...then you will love the fact that the commercial at the 1:40-ish part of this video was for trading fukking options...because, yeah...why not give people ANOTHER way to lose all their money.

God damn.

:snoop:

Digital Omen

All Star
Daps
I got on Hinge after my divorce and of course the pandemic shut it down
But that was after I was used for a couple of meals (completely my fault. Yes I was rusty after being out the game for close to a decade but still should have not fallen for the okey doke)
Then got ghosted

Threw that shyt in the bushes and went back to the tried and true talk to women in real life face to face.

To paraphrase the late great Bandanna P "I don't give a fukk how many matches you got, that shyt is trash"

full

King Poetic

A.K.A. Curve
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southern California
Since im:flabbynsick: and been out the game for years, are these guys today actually fukking and are these females giving up the goods?

Itā€™s like non of these young people go outside and interact with each other at all.. even at clubs or lounges , everyone is just taking selfies, on they phones and taking pics of food and in the JBO section

Digital Omen

All Star
Daps
Since im:flabbynsick: and been out the game for years, are these guys today actually fukking and are these females giving up the goods?

Itā€™s like non of these young people go outside and interact with each other at all.. even at clubs or lounges , everyone is just taking selfies, on they phones and taking pics of food and in the JBO section
Same as it ever was

Guys with something going (social clout/status, paper, looks/gym, art/creative, married, any kind of skill): regular buns.
Dudes on some regular 9-5 work eat sleep going through the motions: no buns, potential red pill grift victims, angry at women incel candidates

This was true back in the day and it's true now

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
Kind of unnecessary when online dating is not taboo anymore and you can just DM whoever you're interested in on IG, twitter (X) or Facebook. The point of the early wave of online "dating" was anonymity and shame. I had a friend girl where we met up on one of those sites and concocted a story if anyone ever asked how we met. lol.

It's really no use to pay to talk to women (?).

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
Been told the brehs it was over but it has more to do with greed than culture shift. Those apps got stupid with the pay walls and subs. They clipped themselves at the knees. I keep watching capitalism peak and expire because there is never enough. Companies run people off destroy the initial concepts of their products. Went from really convenient with these apps to a mine field. It's been predicably over.

Not for online dating but that last iteration. Another concept will peak and decline. Beyond that society is overburdened right now. People can't afford the cost of living surge in the last 5 years. Discretionary income is ghost

Coli never fails :mjlol:

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
I got on Hinge after my divorce and of course the pandemic shut it down
But that was after I was used for a couple of meals (completely my fault. Yes I was rusty after being out the game for close to a decade but still should have not fallen for the okey doke)
Then got ghosted

Threw that shyt in the bushes and went back to the tried and true talk to women in real life face to face.

To paraphrase the late great Bandanna P "I don't give a fukk how many matches you got, that shyt is trash"

full
Hinge was serving me well during the pandemic :lupe: