The Rise and Fall of Online Dating

Commish

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
OK..

So, if the use of dating apps is declining, then what are the alternative methods ppl are using to meet ppl? Are they resorting to the conventional way of meeting ppl?

I think there will always be a group of ppl who will use dating apps. Some will use traditional dating sites which are ppl who are older such as middle aged ppl and then you will have a few who may use match making sites which may cost quite a bit of $$...

Depending on a person's lifestyle, dating sites and apps may or may not work for ppl...

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Seems to be from the perspective of the dating app companies/investors. They earn the majority of their revenue from men (80%men, 20%women).

Men are more aware of how the algorithms are set up in the best interest of the companies to generate revenue.
+shadowbanning
+predatory sales tactics
+bunch of fake profiles
+algorithms can be so fukked up that it's no longer worth it for some to stay on the app

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Been told the brehs it was over but it has more to do with greed than culture shift. Those apps got stupid with the pay walls and subs. They clipped themselves at the knees. I keep watching capitalism peak and expire because there is never enough. Companies run people off destroy the initial concepts of their products. Went from really convenient with these apps to a mine field. It's been predicably over.

Not for online dating but that last iteration. Another concept will peak and decline. Beyond that society is overburdened right now. People can't afford the cost of living surge in the last 5 years. Discretionary income is ghost

karim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Been told the brehs it was over but it has more to do with greed than culture shift. Those apps got stupid with the pay walls and subs. They clipped themselves at the knees. I keep watching capitalism peak and expire because there is never enough. Companies run people off destroy the initial concepts of their products. Went from really convenient with these apps to a mine field. It's been predicably over.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enshyttification

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
OK..

So, if the use of dating apps is declining, then what are the alternative methods ppl are using to meet ppl? Are they resorting to the conventional way of meeting ppl?

I think there will always be a group of ppl who will use dating apps. Some will use traditional dating sites which are ppl who are older such as middle aged ppl and then you will have a few who may use match making sites which may cost quite a bit of $$...

Depending on a person's lifestyle, dating sites and apps may or may not work for ppl...
They not meetin ppl at all

concise

Veteran
Daps

Not only that, almost all of them merged under a single company, which is now being sued.