The Righteous Gemstones - HBO (Danny McBride & Walter Goggins/June 18th 2023)

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I cant remember, but did they say how Eli's wife died?
She was sick right??

No, they haven't. I've been curious how she died too. I hope Baby Billy wasn't secretly behind her untimely demise. I doubt they go that route though, because it would be too obvious. McBride says he sees this show going 4 seasons, so it's not gonna be a shortened series like Vice Principals.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
No, they haven't. I've been curious how she died too. I hope Baby Billy wasn't secretly behind her untimely demise. I doubt they go that route though, because it would be too obvious. McBride says he sees this show going 4 seasons, so it's not gonna be a shortened series like Vice Principals.
damn man.
i hope Baby Billy aint have anything to do with her death.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My parents were sponsored by a white evangelical church/college when they first came to this country. I used to have to go to church and camp with these types of whites when I was a kid. I know them well which is why this show is so fukking funny to me. They capture the southern white evangelicals to a T.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
That Misbehaving song was :stylin:

not all country is terrible :ehh:
at least until the last 10-15 years :whoa:

Damn that songs catchy like a muthafukka!
:russ:

I just watched the episode, and I looked for this thread specifically to comment on how the soundtrack to this show keeps getting stuck in my head every single episode. I don't even know what you would call music like this. Some kind of Bluegrass/White Gospel? And the song that Aimee Leigh was listening to when she was driving to see Baby Billy reminded me of a Folk Hippie version of the type of music from 'O Brother Where Art Thou?'

Something else I noticed is that the episode length is actually creeping up each week since the pilot. This episode was 42 minutes long. That's the same length as some 1hr shows with lots of commercials.

Hugs

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New Yawk
I just watched the episode, and I looked for this thread specifically to comment on how the soundtrack to this show keeps getting stuck in my head every single episode. I don't even know what you would call music like this. Some kind of Bluegrass/White Gospel? And the song that Aimee Leigh was listening to when she was driving to see Baby Billy reminded me of a Folk Hippie version of the type of music from 'O Brother Where Art Thou?'

Something else I noticed is that the episode length is actually creeping up each week since the pilot. This episode was 42 minutes long. That's the same length as some 1hr shows with lots of commercials.
there isn't much of a difference between bluegrass and country

Conz

Superstar
Daps
not gonna lie, as much as I like Walton Goggins hamming it up, i kinda hated that flashback episode. I don't know these characters enough yet to give a fukk about their origins.

OJ Simpsom

Banned
Daps
Young Jessie was spot on. That actor captured McBride perfect.

When Young Judy blew the air horn at the Barbie RV I died.:dead: Then she kept doing it.

Billy def contributed to Momma Gemstones death. I guess she does the tour and dies giving birth or something like that. Or Eli kills her. He seems like he's hiding something in present day.

:snoop:Got that Misbehaving song stuck in my head now.

Last edited:

Conz

Superstar
Daps
i think they said the mother died fairly recently when the show started. i rememberd that b/c i thought they were gonna show her die birthing the baby at the end of the episode.

Wiles

Superstar
Daps
not gonna lie, as much as I like Walton Goggins hamming it up, i kinda hated that flashback episode. I don't know these characters enough yet to give a fukk about their origins.
This

Too soon and boring as fukk . Worst episode so far..