The retail apocalypse has officially descended on America

SNYC

Black American in NYC (yes, we exist 😲)
Daps
Reppin
BK & BX
Godiva to close all 128 chocolate stores in North America, citing decline in shoppers due to pandemic

Americans spent nearly $15 billion on chocolate last year, a 5 percent increase since 2019.

Chocolatier Godiva will be shuttering its 128 store and café locations across North America at the end of March, the company announced Sunday, citing a decrease in demand for in-person shopping during the pandemic.

Godiva’s sweet treats will still be available online and inside partnering retail and grocery stores across the continent going forward, the company said. It will maintain in-store operations across Europe, the Middle East and Greater China.

“We have always been focused on what our consumers need and how they want to experience our brand, which is why we have made this decision," CEO Nurtac Afridi said in a statement.

The Belgian chocolate-maker did not disclose the number of employees who will be affected by the North American decision.

“They lost between half their business which is done due to tourists, the other 25 percent of the business which is done due to special occasion, and another 25 percent which is done to impulse,” Marshal Cohen, chief retail analyst at the NPD Group market research company, told NBC News. “Where's the business coming from? Everything moved to online with great ease.”

“If we're not socializing as much as we did and we're not having special events and special occasions, that's going to impact the business to some degree,” he said.

Godiva is one of the hundreds of thousands of store closures that have come amid a massive decline in in-person shopping during the pandemic.

Other retailers to announce store closures since March include Macy’s, JCPenney, Bed Bath & Beyond, Victoria’s Secret, Francesca’s, Zara, Express and more.

Many retailers, including Godiva, have focused on leveraging their digital footprint in order to successfully reach customers.

“Online has leapfrogged forward three years,” Cohen said. “Consumers have clearly educated themselves on how to purchase basically anything from anywhere, at any time, at any price.”

According to Adobe Analytics, online shopping hit nearly $200 billion during the holiday shopping season alone.

Chocolate sales have also been on the rise since the pandemic hit. In 2020, Americans spent nearly $15 billion on chocolate, a 5 percent increase since 2019, while Canadians spent a little over $2 billion, a 7 percent jump

Godiva to close all 128 chocolate stores in North America, citing decline in shoppers due to pandemic

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
Pandemic kills off Family Video; chain to close remaining stores

This shyt hurts...was basically the last video store chain.

:wow:

I know, I know “we’re in the digital age” but I enjoyed going there picking up a new release for the wife and me while grabbing a free kids movie for the kids.

shyt was cheaper than renting new releases digitally too.. And I grew up in Blockbuster and I loved the video store experience.

:wow:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Gamestop better appreciate that high they’re getting, cause when the shyt wears off.:wow:

I hope GAMESTOP dies a horrific corporate bleeding death.
for that bullshyt they pulled on me.
on psv release date day and pre order day

When i was second in line.
fukk game stop.

Art Barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
We are going to be a nation of Walmarts and Taco bells after this is all over.

God forbid.

Art Barr

One huff trash subsidiary, I worked for the top of at Quaker and Tropicana.

The other is one of the most zayre commercial sterialized shopping experience. Without having any of the actual key products zayre always had in supply from toys to whatever.

I would hate to be a little kid in this era.

No wonder shyt so trash now and in the future to come too.
No wonder at all for a kid to dream big frfr.

How they wrecked it for the gens after y'all with how it is no stores. to buy shyt frfr anymore.
is a great capitalist American tragedy.

Going to the store used to be that shyt.
You go now,...they don't have a damn thing.
Even if you go to like a con. You can't trust that shyt either.
Life is literally ebay and PayPal or die.

Art Barr

Everything high quality maybe of the lowest quality.
Take.for instance candy.
You get some expensive candy made in a treenut never cleaned nasty Facility. If this shyt luxury. Why is my regular luxury chocolate candy.
made in the same nonsanitized air space as the other candy.
Like make it make sense. Don't say the shyt luxury and then i see the factory and lil nativeand indengious PEOPLE'S children do not even have a washed face and clothes like some tiny time movie from the ancient olden times. Before rego human civil rights and American children had rights. Don't tell me some shyt luxury and you have children workers in unsanitized conditions. Then liability wise to cover all that you have processed in a plant that also processes tree nuts as well. If you so luxury. Where is the separate peanut confectionary processing Facility separate from the luxury chocolate confectionary processing facility. Where are the luxurious regular adult workers with children in luxury schooling? Why are children employed and they are not anywhere near of age?

Like we paying past regular rego three hundo percent mark up. Well explain and make sense where is all this luxury coming from?
Luxury is starting to explain some loophole for slave drivers to still exist to merch.
The whole con game with everything needs to end.
From racism to capitalism. To just sheer child and human decency based moral good faith driven rights. We have access to find the footnotes and real library books to see for ourselves now.

What and why this or that is luxury.
All i see are a bunch of twenty to thirty dollar made items tops.

Being driven in price by more than three hundred times.
Where as a consumer I do not get thirty dollars of a real product. Nor real service. Yet i paid close to a grand or more.

Last edited:

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
God forbid.

Art Barr

One huff trash subsidiary, I worked for the top of at Quaker and Tropicana.

The other is one of the most zayre commercial sterialized shopping experience. Without having any of the actual key products zayre always had in supply from toys to whatever.

I would hate to be a little kid in this era.

No wonder shyt so trash now and in the future to come too.
No wonder at all for a kid to dream big frfr.

How they wrecked it for the gens after y'all with how it is no stores. to buy shyt frfr anymore.
is a great capitalist American tragedy.

Going to the store used to be that shyt.
You go now,...they don't have a damn thing.
Even if you go to like a con. You can't trust that shyt either.
Life is literally ebay and PayPal or die.

Art Barr

Everything high quality maybe of the lowest quality.
Take.for instance candy.
You get some expensive candy made in a treenut never cleaned nasty Facility. If this shyt luxury. Why is my regular luxury chocolate candy.
made in the same nonsanitized air space as the other candy.
Like make it make sense. Don't say the shyt luxury and then i see the factory and lil nativeand indengious PEOPLE'S children do not even have a washed face and clothes like some tiny time movie from the ancient olden times. Before rego human civil rights and American children had rights. Don't tell me some shyt luxury and you have children workers in unsanitized conditions. Then liability wise to cover all that you have processed in a plant that also processes tree nuts as well. If you so luxury. Where is the separate peanut confectionary processing Facility separate from the luxury chocolate confectionary processing facility. Where are the luxurious regular adult workers with children in luxury schooling? Why are children employed and they are not anywhere near of age?

Like we paying past regular rego three hundo percent mark up. Well explain and make sense where is all this luxury coming from?
Luxury is starting to explain some loophole for slave drivers to still exist to merch.
The whole con game with everything needs to end.
From racism to capitalism. To just sheer child and human decency based moral good faith driven rights. We have access to find the footnotes and real library books to see for ourselves now.

What and why this or that is luxury.
All i see are a bunch of twenty to thirty dollar made items tops.

Being driven in price by more than three hundred times.
Where as a consumer I do not get thirty dollars of a real product. Nor real service. Yet i paid close to a grand or more.
Incoherent sense. People don't understand breh, but he spits the real.

Daps
Reppin
St louis
Can't wait for the sales at Macy's :blessed:
They're practically already giving shyt away

Got the black,the blue and the grey
polo sweat suits.
need that pure white jacket and bottoms for 100$
UKVu0t8.gif

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Incoherent sense. People don't understand breh, but he spits the real.

People everywhere really just do not know the business of anything they go online to front about.
All that ol i am hiding this behind the carnie curtain is a digital fraud based lie.

If they were so dope. They would bebreally grassroots skilled and actualized. Plus in print from a real internet board like this community too.

Not some attempt to monetize their last hurrrah.
for their communication major based life in low skilled digital media news rag revenue grab ploys.

I know from real top skill and actualized top draw grassroots billing from my skill.
I do not recall being a headliner with no one else out in the world.
Yet i do recall being actually there.
as a real actualized earner and headliner.
In every possible way they base the criteria to judge their lives upon tho.

Art Barr

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
People everywhere really just do not know the business of anything they go online to front about.
All that ol i am hiding this behind the carnie curtain is a digital fraud based lie.

If they were so dope. They would bebreally grassroots skilled and actualized. Plus in print from a real internet board like this community too.

Not some attempt to monetize their last hurrrah.
for their communication major based life in low skilled digital media news rag revenue grab ploys.

I know from real top skill and actualized top draw grassroots billing from my skill.
I do not recall being a headliner with no one else out in the world.
Yet i do recall being actually there.
as a real actualized earner and headliner.
In every possible way they base the criteria to judge their lives upon tho.

Art Barr
You're giving away too much game, breh.
I'm not being facetious.