The Remake of Superfly > The Original Superfly

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
lol I wouldn’t say that at all…the remake was a surprisingly good movie tho…I think they should’ve named it something else and let it float on its own merit

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
:banderas:

not comparing the soundtracks by any means just saying it definitely had some joints tho

I'm saying. The two movies stand alone in their own ways. The OG superfly captures its time very well and this one captures its time very well. Both of them are products of their time. The snow patrol goon even bit 21 savages look. I hope they make a sequel and throw in more Atlanta rappers in there for cameos.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
watched both of them yesterday

for what it's worth, both these movies are just ok, nothing really ground breaking

however

the soundtrack is the only standout thing in the original

a moment of :banderas: for this

but the original is just spotty, the dialogue is borderline cartoonish and over the top. It's too 70's for the sake of being shot in the 70's.

and Ron O Neal is not intimidating. I don't know if it's his accent but nothing he says is actually convicting other than when he says Tonight in the Fat Freddie Scene

But the Remake ain't exactly Godfather II, the soundtrack doesn't hit at all, and I think the breh Trevor Jackson need to kill that hairdo, way too European influenced for my liking.

But the Snow Patrol tho :banderas: them brehs

DfsMADlX0AAuXuM.jpg

really, they should've made this movie tell two stories.

But yeah, I think remake is way more impactful and stylish. The action scenes were the right amount of fukkery for a fictionalized take on Atlanta.

HOWEVER

I do think it could've been a mini-series on netflix to flesh it out.

sorry, but you're DEAD WRONG :ufdup:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Having the most clout in the streets :duck:

Getting into shootouts and surviving that would have killed John Rambo himself :duck:

Making 7 figures in the streets and not getting arrested :duck:

Having 2 bisexual bytches that are down for you :duck:

Having CIA-level rundowns on the opps :duck:

This "remake" was made for clout demons :russ:

nah you wasn’t peeping it…new priest was the consummate coli breh…nikka was an expert in everything, perfect at everything, and had every angle covered at all times :wow:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
nah you wasn’t peeping it…new priest was the consummate coli breh…nikka was an expert in everything, perfect at everything, and had every angle covered at all times :wow:

The Hood Batman, with all the clout and connections.

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland
the remake is bad.. was like a a gay Atlanta mans fantasy or an OT woman's fantasy about what Atlanta's like from listening to the music.
speaking of the music.. Future put together a decent soundtrack though.

a remake that actually works better than the originals is Alfie.
the Alfie remake w/ Jude Law is better than Michael Caine's one but Caine's performance as Alfie was better.