The Remake of Superfly > The Original Superfly

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Compare an independent film to a big budget production brehs

The new superfly is missing that auteur touch that the original had. With that said, I still enjoy it and have seen it twice. The new superfly is basically a movie made for coli nikkas. He living the life brehs cap about here all the time :russ:

Having the most clout in the streets :duck:

Getting into shootouts and surviving that would have killed John Rambo himself :duck:

Making 7 figures in the streets and not getting arrested :duck:

Having 2 bisexual bytches that are down for you :duck:

Having CIA-level rundowns on the opps :duck:

This "remake" was made for clout demons :russ:

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
Having the most clout in the streets :duck:

Getting into shootouts and surviving that would have killed John Rambo himself :duck:

Making 7 figures in the streets and not getting arrested :duck:

Having 2 bisexual bytches that are down for you :duck:

Having CIA-level rundowns on the opps :duck:

This "remake" was made for clout demons :russ:
Only thing missing is him flexing on the gram talmbout "I got that crypto money nikka keep hatin :wow:"

nikka was literally a 6cert breh skilled in MMA. AND he knows Rick Ross personally? :dead:

Ya' Cousin Cleon

OG COUCH CORNER HUSTLA
Daps
Reppin
Harvey World to Dallas, TX
:mjpls:so black main character's snortin coke, and putting another man's wife on the street to sell her body is much more in tune for ya'll.
Only thing missing is him flexing on the gram talmbout "I got that crypto money nikka keep hatin :wow:"

nikka was literally a 6cert breh skilled in MMA. AND he knows Rick Ross personally? :dead:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps

Son, if you think about it, this film could only have been done in the IG era. Like, you can have a fukked up hairstyle like that and smash 2 bisexual bytches regularly in ATL? :heh:

If so, ATL the home of the weirdos.

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
you acting like it's some phenomenal ass movie when it really ain't

Truck Turner is more outlandish but a better film.

It can't hold a candle to Shaft.

The Mack wipes the floor with it despite being the same vein of movie
The new shaft movie had all the previous shafts in it and people weren't really feeling it like that:patrice:

I might watch it again since its been a minute but it could just be that peoples tastes have changed over time now and want more out of our films. Training day and the equalizer changed the game and now I think that's what people are expecting:ld:

I think zoomers and their descendants will fukk with this version of superfly and see it as a blassic. It captures a lot of aspects of 2010s culture and interests. Its a nice time capsule imo