The Rehearsal By Nathan Fielder HBO

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I didn’t get this guy…. Or get why y’all hyping him and this show up. Never even heard of him till this thread.

But after a few weeks of seeing this thread upped. I checked out some eps.

Didn’t think they were bad but still didn’t get it.

Then I saw per y’all and the app there’s another show so watching it now.

This dude is a lunatic :russ:

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
This was my favorite one yet. All of the eps so far have been deep, but last night’s was on another level. :wow:

Mentioned earlier in the thread how eerily similar the concept was to Synecdoche, New York, and I think this episode is the one to actually hit on its themes in full stride. In the same way, the lines between reality and fiction are so blurred to the point where they’re indistinguishable. I like how it took Nathan to step into someone else’s shoes in order to encounter new perspectives he wouldn’t have known about as his normal self.

Nathan simulating Angela’s traumatic teen years through their “son” is twisted as fukk. I’m not even all that convinced that she’s the actual Angela either. :mindblown:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
This was my favorite one yet. All of the eps so far have been deep, but last night’s was on another level. :wow:

Mentioned earlier in the thread how eerily similar the concept was to Synecdoche, New York, and I think this episode is the one to actually hit on its themes in full stride. In the same way, the lines between reality and fiction are so blurred to the point where they’re indistinguishable. I like how it took Nathan to step into someone else’s shoes in order to encounter new perspectives he wouldn’t have known about as his normal self.

Nathan simulating Angela’s traumatic teen years through their “son” is twisted as fukk. I’m not even all that convinced that she’s the actual Angela either. :mindblown:
When he was holding Adam's head while he's foaming at the mouth and Nathan is yelling, "What’s happening?!" was next level. Angela just standing there with both hands on her cheeks in shock had me crying. lol

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Do we not if it will be a scripted show or documentary? Any idea on genre given who Nathan Fielder is (as you can guess I don’t know him)
It's a mixed bag, i actually worked on this show back late last year. They filmed most of it in Portland and went down to LA for a couple weeks towards the end.

It's not scripted, the people in it just dont have a full idea of what the show is, Nathan and the producers would make up some shyt (that was easy enough for everyone else to play along with) to tell the people acting, then we'd do something completely different so we got a real reaction out of them, when you're doing a show like this you only need Nathan/Producers/ the people babysitting the actors to really be locked in to the lies/truth :manny:

There were SO many times we just straight up had to hide from the actors before the walked in thr building (replica bar and raising cane for instance) :mjlol: like 60 people off camera just hiding behind a wall, hiding in trailers outside peoples houses etc. The shyt was silly tbh. Just had to keep convos with the actors super light just in case they were trying to figure out some shyt.

Going out to that house in the woods every day was dope i cant fron't :whew: eatin lunch/smokin weed in the garden while 20 people are packed in that musty ass camera room snooping on that woman :dead:

Last edited:

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
When he was holding Adam's head while he's foaming at the mouth and Nathan is yelling, "What’s happening?!" was next level. Angela just standing there with both hands on her cheeks in shock had me crying. lol
Nathan: “ANGELA!!!!! ANGELA!!!!” :damn:

Angela:

giphy-35.gif