• Al Horford

• Byrie Irving

Results are only viewable after voting.

William F. Russell

11x Champion; 5x MVP; 1st Black Coach
Supporter
Daps
:russ:

He's also 1-15 against Lebron's teams in the playoffs and he hasn't been good. He gotta show and prove to get credit...

Yeah that's true with his playoffs performances for the Hawks.

But I figured that he already redeemed himself with how well he played for Boston last playoffs :yeshrug:

Listen

Tell me moar
Daps
Reppin
A few Floors Down from the Daily Grind

Continued the trend last night too. Its spooky as fukk.

The Celtics spark plug continued his confounding start to the season, scoring one point on 1-for-7 shooting with three turnovers, while also pulling down seven rebounds, dishing three assists, snagging two steals, blocking one shot and wearing Curry out late in the game. Despite Smart’s awful individual offensive game, the Celtics outscored the Warriors by a whopping 19 points in his 30 minutes and 35 seconds of floor time.

William F. Russell

11x Champion; 5x MVP; 1st Black Coach
Supporter
Daps
Continued the trend last night too. Its spooky as fukk.

The Celtics spark plug continued his confounding start to the season, scoring one point on 1-for-7 shooting with three turnovers, while also pulling down seven rebounds, dishing three assists, snagging two steals, blocking one shot and wearing Curry out late in the game. Despite Smart’s awful individual offensive game, the Celtics outscored the Warriors by a whopping 19 points in his 30 minutes and 35 seconds of floor time.

Marcus was frustrating as all hell last night but clearly the Cs are better with him on the floor and Stevens is definitely aware of it.

Listen

Tell me moar
Daps
Reppin
A few Floors Down from the Daily Grind
Marcus was frustrating as all hell last night but clearly the Cs are better with him on the floor and Stevens is definitely aware of it.
Its just one of those weird things. He can frustrate you so much, but make so many smart plays after dumb ones.....its clear that hes making more positives than negatives within his minutes on the floor because his team plays better with him on the court.

Copy Ninja

Superstar
Daps
Ima forever love Kyrie but let’s be real, the nikka looks mediocre as fukk. 20ppg on 43pct shooting and 31pct from 3. Thosere the same numbers that got Dion Waiters extended in Miami. What has Kyrie actually shown that IT wasn’t already doing? Brad Stevens is a savant and can get the most out of his players. Boston is simply a good all around team, and they play incredible team defense, but to suggest Kyrie is the leading factor or the runaway for MVP is disingenuous. Ffs the team went on a 17-0 run last night with him on the bench. It’s hilarious watching you being the “numbers guy” selectively disregard numbers and all that logic you like to use when you need to push your agenda. You’re a fukking scam.:mjlol:

Oh I get it your just stat watching and not watching the actual game:ohhh:

You didn't see Kyrie score 10 points the last 5 minutes of the game when they were 4 points down.

You know kinda like how he closed out games for LeBron:russ:

360Waves

2 girls and they get along like I'm Lou Will
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Oh I get it your just stat watching and not watching the actual game:ohhh:

You didn't see Kyrie score 10 points the last 5 minutes of the game when they were 4 points down.

You know kinda like how he closed out games for LeBron:russ:
IT led the league in 4th quarter scoring last year and did it on astronomically better efficiency than Kyrie.

If they brought Kyrie through to be their “closer” he’s doing a shyttier job at it than the guy they sent packing. Actually he’s doing a shyttier job as a whole so far. :skip:

Copy Ninja

Superstar
Daps
IT led the league in 4th quarter scoring last year and did it on astronomically better efficiency than Kyrie.

If they brought Kyrie through to be their “closer” he’s doing a shyttier job at it than the guy they sent packing. Actually he’s doing a shyttier job as a whole so far. :skip:

IT did his thing last year, no disrespect to him:salute:

But they brought Kyrie over because he's 25, don't have a fukked up hip, about to turn 30, and not a 5'9" PG who will be asking for a max deal:skip:

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It is quite funny seeing the fanboys scramble for a new narrative now that the "You can't win games with Kyrie as your star" take blew up in their face :smugbiden:

Darealtwo1

Veteran
WOAT
Daps
Ima forever love Kyrie but let’s be real, the nikka looks mediocre as fukk. 20ppg on 43pct shooting and 31pct from 3. Thosere the same numbers that got Dion Waiters extended in Miami. What has Kyrie actually shown that IT wasn’t already doing? Brad Stevens is a savant and can get the most out of his players. Boston is simply a good all around team, and they play incredible team defense, but to suggest Kyrie is the leading factor or the runaway for MVP is disingenuous. Ffs the team went on a 17-0 run last night with him on the bench. It’s hilarious watching you being the “numbers guy” selectively disregard numbers and all that logic you like to use when you need to push your agenda. You’re a fukking scam.:mjlol:

Kyrie -4
Horford +16
Marcus Smart +15

nikkas just want to ignore everything to praise this nikka Kyrie. Anyone with a brain can tell you the refs CLEARLY decided this game. I'll give kyrie this. He is a better FT than Lebron so the refs can save you with calls. This shyt is looking like Kyrie going to win some cheap ass MVP like rose did. Lillard has had around 3 years better than Rose's MVP year. Brad Stevens thinks just like me. He know that they have this record because of Al Horford and Marcus Smart. There are plenty of guards that could replace Kyrie. Isaiah led this team to the #1 seed just last year and everyone has forgotten. The only thing Kyrie does better is allow Brad to play 5 on 5 on defense instead of 4 on 5. You don't have to worry about how to hide him anymore.

@Listen

Other people are starting to come around to our way of thinking.

Celtics outscored Warriors by 15 points when Marcus Smart was on court

Boston Celtics outscored Golden State Warriors by 15 points when Marcus Smart was on court

Daps
horford and stevens...kyrie has looked more like a 3rd tier all star instead of 2nd tier so far this season

LeBron stans say the darndest things.

I. He's actually averaging basically 22 ppg, if you take away the game where he only played two minutes
II. He doesn't have high box score averages because he's been playing within the confines of a proper system (you know the very thing you and your fellow LeBron cohorts accused him of not being able to do); handling the ball only 5.3 minutes per game - to put into perspective, Jarrett Jack, Jerian Grant, and J.J. Barea handle the ball the same amount of time - look at their box score averages. Harden for instance, handles the ball for nearly DOUBLE the time (9.8 minutes)
III. His defensive activity, off-ball activity, and directing offensive/defensive traffic has been a major factor in their success so far - you know shyt that doesn't show up in the box score, and is only visible if you actually watch the games
IV. He most definitely is their leading factor on offense, which has been nearly league-last without him playing or on the floor.
V. Show me where I said he was the "runaway for MVP"?
VI. I simply replied to someone saying he's looked like a "3rd tier All-Star", and you reply with all this other shyt that I wasn't even arguing for or against.

But gon'head, set up another straw man you can knock down.

full

Daps
kyrie has looked mediocre as hell
You don't even watch basketball nor do you know anything about it, so how the hell would you know?

:jbhmm:

You're the very caricature of a coli LeBron stan: one who doesn't pay attention to any other player but LeBron, one who only watches box scores and never games, one who doesn't understand how to use the basic of stats properly, one who uses LeBron as an empty vessel to push "black excellence" and isn't really concerned with actual basketball, one who is a nonsensical, disingenuous, half-witted extremist who will do anything and everything to prop up LeBron over every player, team and even the NBA itself.

Daps
It is quite funny seeing the fanboys scramble for a new narrative now that the "You can't win games with Kyrie as your star" take blew up in their face :smugbiden:
It's quite sad actually. This place really isn't concerned with talking about basketball, but would rather just be no more than an ESPN round-table.