The Real Reason Why Music Is Getting Worse

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
Bro I’m not questioning you on anything.
Nor pulling rank, you did that to me and I just responded back.
You have more experience—GREAT! So do the references I’ve consulted, for my research I’ve had to do my thesis on and people I’ve played with and who have taught me.
I clarified and then you still tried to make seem like I was going with something that I wasn’t.
MY point is that what you've said is basically incorrect and typical ideas that people have about the past and people; that the community is out to humiliate other people.

whether it be consumers or the musician community.

that spirit doesn't produce good music, only drama which is good for stage acting.

it's a feeling of humiliation that's experienced by performers NOT performing up to par, not a spirit to actually humiliate another person or a plan to do it, or even a desire. if someone comes up and starts playing in the wrong key, it'll make bad music...

...so, get them the fukk off the stage before we lose our crowd and money, rep, etc.

everyone will feel it on the bandstand and want that to change.

yeah, the old guard was different, but not like how you'd making it seem. making 'em seem evil spirited...

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
MY point is that what you've said is basically incorrect and typical ideas that people have about the past and people; that the community is out to humiliate other people.

whether it be consumers or the musician community.

that spirit doesn't produce good music, only drama which is good for stage acting.

it's a feeling of humiliation that's experienced by performers NOT performing up to par, not a spirit to actually humiliate another person or a plan to do it, or even a desire.
if someone comes up and starts playing in the wrong key, it'll make bad music...

...so, get them the fukk off the stage before we lose our crowd and money, rep,
etc.

everyone will feel it on the bandstand and want that to change.

yeah, the old guard was different, but not like how you'd making it seem. making 'em seem evil spirited...
I already clarified it wasn’t for humiliations sake and that was what I meant. Which is why I brought up TASTE earlier in the first place. Also why I said you had to know what you were doing.

Like I said I don’t think you understand me. I was making it seem they didn’t want to play with foolishness. And that sometimes nikkas signify to be slick just to a make sure you know what you’re doing. It’s knowledge checking shyt. Sometimes it was taken to extremes which is why I brought up the mafia.

Bugzbunny129

All Star
Daps
This guy is right and wring

Is it too easy to make music, yes. Back then you wouldnt even attempt to record without having things worked out ahead of time. Now people go up to the mic blank with a beat and freestyle sounds and jubberish and fill in the blanks later. They sit oj it for a week, say they like it, release. Noone likes it, they move on. Next song.

Does that mean you cant picka nd choose what to keep? No. Does that mean you cant get good enough its always quality? No.

The problem today is guys release everythint they make. Entire albums are done in weekends with zero writing. Everyones first album is there best because they out their entire life into it. Once they go at it like evwrything they do is hot when people believe the hype, they always fall off and dont discern good enough between their best tracks.

Never mind music today is all about following trends, and not making your own.

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
Dude tried to raise a musical genius, but music got so easy to make today that everyone sounds like a musical genius with FL Studio and a couple weeks of watching youtube videos.

I think dude a little salty now as you can basically click in a Grammy-winning beat.

Then people are now able to do it in a few seconds:

Now A.I got songs in a single click.

That’s pretty much where we are today.

Amo Husserl

Superstar
Daps
Execs wanted fast money for fast product.
Dope man, dope man. Pumpin' fast product make fiends for fast money.
Saul.

TM101

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If anything streaming allows people to do exactly that but they simply don't have taste
It comes down to people wanting entertainment to escape their lives. It doesn't have to be good entertainment, it just has to distract people

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
I'll listen later, but my position is lower barrier to entry and the ubiquity of music now.

It's all microwaved. You can have an endless supply anywhere, anytime you want. This obviously waters it down.

Spiider

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NYC
His videos get recommended to me on YouTube all the time but it seems like he’s just always negative

50CentStan

Allahu Akbar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Ummah!
Dumb take. Wack is wack. You can be dope on fl studio and wack with a band and big budget. The problem is labels and corporations running shyt for max profit not max art

Last edited:

TM101

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dude tried to raise a musical genius, but music got so easy to make today that everyone sounds like a musical genius with FL Studio and a couple weeks of watching youtube videos.

I think dude a little salty now as you can basically click in a Grammy-winning beat.

Then people are now able to do it in a few seconds:

Now A.I got songs in a single click.

The market is no longer viable to produce talent. It will take well to do families to create genius artists (most artists come from well off families if you look up their backgrounds).

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Music is too accessible for people to listen to is the problem. You are suppose to look for music and curate your taste & streaming made y'all lazy.

Yea, I think music is fine.

People have horrible tasted because they just go to the first page of Apple Music/Spotify and don't discover shyt.

I'm still digging in the digital crates finding dope shyt deep in YouTube channels.

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
It comes down to people wanting entertainment to escape their lives. It doesn't have to be good entertainment, it just has to distract people
That was always the case though. The difference is the traditional format had good entertainment developed and curated for you. The low quality may have caught a wave but wasn't given the same esteem.