The Real Reason Why Music Is Getting Worse

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
Dude tried to raise a musical genius, but music got so easy to make today that everyone sounds like a musical genius with FL Studio and a couple weeks of watching youtube videos.

I think dude a little salty now as you can basically click in a Grammy-winning beat.

Then people are now able to do it in a few seconds:

Now A.I got songs in a single click.

If you spent years perfecting your craft...cared about the art and wanted it to not be b*stardized by folks who haven't the slightest clue about music...why wouldn't you be salty

These folks are making a mockery out of music and turning into a fast food drive thru...soulless products

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
If you spent years perfecting your craft...cared about the art and wanted it to not be b*stardized by folks who haven't the slightest clue about music...why wouldn't you be salty

These folks are making a mockery out of music and turning into a fast food drive thru...soulless products
See, that's where I tend to disagree (although not 100%). Not a lot of people can make a hit song in a few minutes. If you have a lot of musical talent and know music very well, it still doesn't mean you can make better music than someone else either though.

At the end of the day, the people making music don't get to decide if people think their music is better than another person's. Make music because you enjoy it, not because of clout.

Plus I think if anything did his kid in, it's the fact that Rick Beato kept saying how wack hip-hop, R&B, modern music, etc. are on his channel. Now his kid is of age and hip-hop, r&b, etc. are the biggest genres and probably doesn't have the ear and knack for it.

Jacob Collier is seen as this century's premier musical genius to the point Quincy Jones mentored him. However, if you listen to his music he's not trying to go into that lane and makes music for himself and the love of the craft.

Last edited:

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
In the jazz cutting contests nikkas was trying to humiliate each other sometimes. Purposely tripping people up over chord changes. It was like playing the dozens and also how some of them got jobs.

Dizzy and Charlie got embarrassed when they were younger. Dizzy especially used that trauma to learn every key and became a legend

Sometimes it turned into getting your ass beat if you fukked up the jam session. Mafia would beat your ass too

The old guard was different man.. they lived their shyt. You HAD TO KNOW what you were doing
Trust, I know a good amount about all of that, having researched it AND interacted and performed with the peers of the very musicians you’ve mentioned, but it wasn’t like how you’re imagining it.

Parker got booed off because he was playing in the wrong key; he didn’t know there were different keys for a song to be in. It wasn’t Dizzy that took that lesson, it was Charlie.

And, most of the cutting contests weren’t really designed for humiliation as much as it was designed for entertainment.

That’s the one thing I understand as an actual performer; you really can’t go up to the stage and think you’re gonna “beat” someone like it’s a sport or measure thru a point system. Especially in jazz. It ruins the music. It ruins all music actually. That’s not to say there weren’t rivals or really popular players that were constant compared to each other.

The humiliation is what’s felt but it’s really designed and structured as entertainment. So, if an audience member or performer really felt like humiliating anyone instead of honestly responding when entertaining/being entertained, they’d be aloof from the get go.

JNew

Superstar
Daps
AI might be good for the music industry. It hopefully will force artist and genres to innovate.

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
Trust, I know a good amount about all of that, having researched it AND interacted and performed with the peers of the very musicians you’ve mentioned, but it wasn’t like how you’re imagining it.

Parker got booed off because he was playing in the wrong key; he didn’t know there were different keys for a song to be in. It wasn’t Dizzy that took that lesson, it was Charlie.

And, most of the cutting contests weren’t really designed for humiliation as much as it was designed for entertainment.

That’s the one thing I understand as an actual performer; you really can’t go up to the stage and think you’re gonna “beat” someone like it’s a sport or measure thru a point system. Especially in jazz. It ruins the music. It ruins all music actually. That’s not to say there weren’t rivals or really popular players that were constant compared to each other.

The humiliation is what’s felt but it’s really designed and structured as entertainment. So, if an audience member or performer really felt like humiliating anyone instead of honestly responding when entertaining/being entertained, they’d be aloof from the get go.
Dizzy got tripped up when he was younger and only knew one key.

Different times. Wasn’t about a point system, it was about playing the right stuff and having taste. Sometimes entertainment, sometimes to get scouted. Not humiliation for humiliations sake.

Only time they really competed was with that NO battle of the bands culture.

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
Dizzy got tripped up when he was younger and only knew one key.

Different times. Wasn’t about a point system, it was about playing the right stuff and having taste. Sometimes entertainment, sometimes to get scouted. Not humiliation for humiliations sake.

Only time they really competed was with that NO battle of the bands culture.
...a culture i'm actually a part of a representation of.

like i said, it's not really a battle, not about humiliation.

it's just framed that way to create an event, even though people are naturally competitive in some ways.

but, if you come to the bandstand with a bad attitude, it never works how you think it does.

most of it is blowing smoke up one's own ass to appear a certain way

sure, it looks good for the audience. between players, it feels terrible. might make an entertaining show, but all in all, not fun musically...

The Fade

Daps
...a culture i'm actually a part of a representation of.

like i said, it's not really a battle, not about humiliation.

it's just framed that way to create an event, even though people are naturally competitive in some ways.

but, if you come to the bandstand with a bad attitude, it never works how you think it does.

most of it is blowing smoke up one's own ass to appear a certain way

sure, it looks good for the audience. between players, it feels terrible. might make an entertaining show, but all in all, not fun musically...
I’ve got a (NO) French last name and can improvise over standards too. Direct descendant of a blues man as well.

I don’t think you understand what I’m getting at. I’m not implying humiliation is the purpose nor am i putting a lot of emphasis on competition or the battle of the bands part

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
I understand where dude is coming from music can essentially be made in a microwave but that's also why it doesn't stick to your ribs.

I listen to music made in the 60s really up to the early 2000s and it sounds more substantial this is why all these legacy acts still make money. The music just feels more organic.

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
I’ve got a (NO) French last name and can improvise over standards too. Direct descendant of a blues man as well.

I don’t think you understand what I’m getting at. I’m not implying humiliation is the purpose nor am i putting a lot of emphasis on competition or the battle of the bands part
…then what’s your point?

Because that’s all people have been quoting me and questioning my views on so that’s the point I’m emphasizing.

I’m also not comparing credentials nor background but I’m sure I have way more experience to speak on these things given the fact that I have been paid to speak about them as a culture bearer by the city, by other countries, etc.

It’s literally what I do for a living and is my life and is what I am. An ethnomusicologist.

The Fade

Daps
…then what’s your point?

Because that’s all people have been quoting me and questioning my views on so that’s the point I’m emphasizing.

I’m also not comparing credentials nor background but I’m sure I have way more experience to speak on these things given the fact that I have been paid to speak about them as a culture bearer by the city, by other countries, etc.

It’s literally what I do for a living and is my life and is what I am. An ethnomusicologist.
Bro I’m not questioning you on anything.
Nor pulling rank, you did that to me and I just responded back.
You have more experience—GREAT! So do the references I’ve consulted, for my research I’ve had to do my thesis on and people I’ve played with and who have taught me.
I clarified and then you still tried to make seem like I was going with something that I wasn’t.