Gifted one

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
PM me the info

@aaaaaaa hit me up breh

@UkaremaBeatz what events in Miami you apart of? :ohhh: I went to a few events for the Woodson institute in Miami, the Urban League of Broward County, and apart of a few grassroots down here as well, I live in Broward, maybe we can network

Soundwave

No Known Weaknesses
Supporter
Daps
Yup. And I'm currently the treasurer for a black men's non-profit. My folks' nefarious white supremacist indoctrination plan didn't take hold :yeshrug:

Fun fact for the day: in adoption materials they teach you how to get your newly adopted black children to hate themselves. Only in the manuals they give to white people though.

If you don't mind my asking, what was it like being raised by white people? Did you ever feel weird being introduced to other people as their child?

aaaaaaa

Banned
Daps
Fun fact for the day: in adoption materials they teach you how to get your newly adopted black children to hate themselves. Only in the manuals they give to white people though.

Really? How do you mean?

HollowPoints2

Don Makaveli.
Daps
Reppin
East Coast
Its cool over there with no whites or compromised black people diverting the subject matter.You can offer different ideas with like-minded black people. We should of had this a long time ago back when I only had a forum called topix to post on.
No one sent me an invite. Plenty of Coli brehs can vouch for me.

How do I get in?
Prove you're black and not some devil trying to derail black empowerment

Last edited:

Raava

Staff member
Daps
What are y'all trying to do, how do I get information???

Calmye

Cali born Cali bred
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
What do you consider black empowerment brother? I truly believe in black empowerment but I don't follow the usual line of thinking. PM me if you except all different type of opinions to hown in on true solutions.

Handsback

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you don't mind my asking, what was it like being raised by white people? Did you ever feel weird being introduced to other people as their child?

No problem. Grew up in a very mixed neighborhood (had Mexican, white, black, Hmong neighbors). It was pretty clear that we were adopted; we don't have any of those stories of someone freaking out at the supermarket and calling the cops about some kidnapped kids. A handful definitely had the :dwillhuh: face and we'd just explain I was adopted and move on.

I will say this to their credit: they taught my sister and I to think (very) critically and they put us around different types of people. Looking back as an adult I can see the game plan that just seemed natural to me at the time. They made sure I had lots of black teachers, coaches, and mentors. Very involved in making sure we had positive male and female role models. Didn't watch a lot of TV outside of Saturday morning cartoons so all we had to go on was positive black images. The biggest problem was probably working with my sister's hair.

Explicit racial issues didn't really come up until high school. They let us know such things would come up when we were younger. "The Talk". But by that time friends were a bigger influence and I dealt with those things with them. They're supportive of my work (tutoring, coaching, non-profit pro-Black stuff).

No long haired hippie "we're gonna save the world" shyt. Just regular ass folks who wanted to adopt some regular ass kids and give them the best childhood they could come up with.

Really? How do you mean?

That's a joke man. No. No one is adopting black kids to get them to hate themselves.

Do Toms come out of adopted families? I'm sure of it. Are white people doing the Birdman and saying :demonic:" I'm going to house, feed, clothe, love, and nurture this black child for 18 years in just the right way so he'll marry a white girl and insult black women on the internet"? Not really a top concern as far as I know.

And best of luck to all with this project.

Claudex

Lord have mercy!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Motherland
No problem. Grew up in a very mixed neighborhood (had Mexican, white, black, Hmong neighbors). It was pretty clear that we were adopted; we don't have any of those stories of someone freaking out at the supermarket and calling the cops about some kidnapped kids. A handful definitely had the :dwillhuh: face and we'd just explain I was adopted and move on.

I will say this to their credit: they taught my sister and I to think (very) critically and they put us around different types of people. Looking back as an adult I can see the game plan that just seemed natural to me at the time. They made sure I had lots of black teachers, coaches, and mentors. Very involved in making sure we had positive male and female role models. Didn't watch a lot of TV outside of Saturday morning cartoons so all we had to go on was positive black images. The biggest problem was probably working with my sister's hair.

Explicit racial issues didn't really come up until high school. They let us know such things would come up when we were younger. "The Talk". But by that time friends were a bigger influence and I dealt with those things with them. They're supportive of my work (tutoring, coaching, non-profit pro-Black stuff).

No long haired hippie "we're gonna save the world" shyt. Just regular ass folks who wanted to adopt some regular ass kids and give them the best childhood they could come up with.

:dwillhuh: That's a unusual life and a half you've had breh. :wow: