The PS5 vs Xbox Two battle could be over before it even started

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
The gaming division was not losing money every year man during that time, it's right there in the financial records. :snoop:

2006 fiscal year is where they got murdered ( https://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/IR/library/ar/SonyAR07-E.pdf page 27) they lost 2 billion US dollars that year for the PS3 launch/development.

The next year that lost was cut in half, but still losing money. Cut in half again the next year and losing money. 2006-2009 wasn't good. The losses decreased every year until 2010.

2010 is when they started making money in that division (now called Network Products & Services) . Especially after they sold the VAIO pc/laptop brand off after losing money in 2011 in that division, Playstation was fine and profitable. The VAIO/PC division was killing them financially).

In 2012, Playstation became just the "Gaming" division again and made money. 2013 was a minor blip with the PS3 development, but its been all profitable since.

Again. It wasn’t PS3 that was a positive for the company. They sold them at a loss, and software/services weren’t enough to offset the costs.

Sony Loses $2 Billion in Fiscal Q3 2011

PlayStation Network Sales Top $800M, Still Unprofitable

Sony still losing on every PlayStation 3 it sells

Sony to report $3.2 billion annual loss

Sony revenue drops 13%, loses $1 billion for the year - first time in 14 years - Geek.com

Sony FY 2014 Earnings: Winning The Console Battle, Losing The Profits War?

But again, this whole nonsense of Sony going backrupt if Playstation dies is beyond ridiculous and simply not true.
PS4 literally saved the company. Had PS4 gone like PS3 there would be no Sony right now

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Again. It wasn’t PS3 that was a positive for the company. They sold them at a loss, and software/services weren’t enough to offset the costs.

Sony Loses $2 Billion in Fiscal Q3 2011

PlayStation Network Sales Top $800M, Still Unprofitable

Sony still losing on every PlayStation 3 it sells

Sony to report $3.2 billion annual loss

Sony revenue drops 13%, loses $1 billion for the year - first time in 14 years - Geek.com

Sony FY 2014 Earnings: Winning The Console Battle, Losing The Profits War?

PS4 literally saved the company. Had PS4 gone like PS3 there would be no Sony right now
The numbers say otherwise. All annual reports showed the health and breakdown of each division. At no point was the division of the playstation during that time remotely close to being the top revenue earner for the company. Not remotely close. Nowadays yes. Then, hell no.

First, You just said that they lost money 9 straight years, proven false.

But now the same device that allegedly almost bankrupted the company saved them :dwillhuh:

Each link you posted doesn't dispute anything I could read in the annual reports. Playstation division lost money until 2010, verified. Lost money in FY 2013, already said that too (like 70 million lost which is nothing for a new system launch, the next fiscal year the gaming division made 400 million).

Point is again looking at all of their revenue streams that Playstation going up does not equal the end of Sony. Simple math is right there.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Microsoft shill site. Trash :camby:

This company tried to put spyware in your living room. I'm good.
You're not good tho, you're incredibly stupid. Whatever device you wrote that comment from is where they spy on you. The government has had a backdoor into all this shyt since Bush Jr :sitdown:

You got a cellphone, does it come equipped with GPS, doesn't Google track your every step and give you suggestions or ask questions about places you visited? you use Facebook? Does your phone have a front and rear facing camera, is it always online and always on you?

Like I said, you nikkaz Donald trumped your way to victory this gen even tho y'all still begging for Xbox features. All that mattered at the start of this gen was no camera, no always online, and 1080p 60fps. Then you all went out and bought the Sony camera for playroom :snoop:

If I told a single lie, point it out and I'll ban myself for 30 days. Otherwise, be ashamed of your behavior :palm:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
The numbers say otherwise. All annual reports showed the health and breakdown of each division. At no point was the division of the playstation during that time remotely close to being the top revenue earner for the company. Not remotely close. Nowadays yes. Then, hell no.

First, You just said that they lost money 9 straight years, proven false.

But now the same device that allegedly almost bankrupted the company saved them :dwillhuh:

Each link you posted doesn't dispute anything I could read in the annual reports. Playstation division lost money until 2010, verified. Lost money in FY 2013, already said that too (like 70 million lost which is nothing for a new system launch, the next fiscal year the gaming division made 400 million).

Point is again looking at all of their revenue streams that Playstation going up does not equal the end of Sony. Simple math is right there.
Revenue don’t have shyt to do with loss.

Sony almost died as a result of the PS3 release.

Those are facts :martin:

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Revenue don’t have shyt to do with loss.

Sony almost died as a result of the PS3 release.

Those are facts :martin:

Official legal financial data proves Sony was no where near going belly up because Playstation Divsion wasn't profitable with the ps3 until 2010. You first said it was until 2014.

Keep moving the goalposts because the lies getting debunked ..

Merry Christmas
8122-50a45ccfd55f64f783f33a59d7ed87d6.jpg

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Official legal financial data proves Sony was no where near going belly up because Playstation Divsion wasn't profitable with the ps3 until 2010. You first said it was until 2014.

Keep moving the goalposts because the lies getting debunked ..

Merry Christmas
8122-50a45ccfd55f64f783f33a59d7ed87d6.jpg

Official financial data got Sony’s CEO fired.

PlayStation stopped “bleeding money”(as described by PlayStation boss at the time) on every console sold in 2010. But that does not mean the entire PS3 endeavor was profitable or even a financial positive for the company.

Money made or lost on individual console sales has nothing to do with overall profit/loss.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Official financial data got Sony’s CEO fired.

PlayStation stopped “bleeding money”(as described by PlayStation boss at the time) on every console sold in 2010. But that does not mean the entire PS3 endeavor was profitable or even a financial positive for the company.

Money made or lost on individual console sales has nothing to do with overall profit/loss.
I never said it wasn't ...

The gaming division lost money from 06 to 09. It's there in the financials. No one is disputing that. And it was huge. 2 bill to 1 bill to 500 milli to less than a hundred milli. Finally turned a profit in 2010. No one is disputing that.

You said they lost money 9 straight years. Lies.

Another lie was that Playstation was their biggest division during that time. Another untruth.

If Playstation folded or was spun off during that bleeding 4 year period, that would not have meant the end of Sony. That is my point period. Their electronics, movie, TV, music, and financial services would have been more than enough to keep the afloat as they still brought in almost 90% of all their revenue then.

Nowadays the Gaming division is bringing in almost 36% of revenue and 37% of net income (fy 2017 figures). It would hurt significantly more today than back then

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
You're not good tho, you're incredibly stupid. Whatever device you wrote that comment from is where they spy on you. The government has had a backdoor into all this shyt since Bush Jr :sitdown:

You got a cellphone, does it come equipped with GPS, doesn't Google track your every step and give you suggestions or ask questions about places you visited? you use Facebook? Does your phone have a front and rear facing camera, is it always online and always on you?

Like I said, you nikkaz Donald trumped your way to victory this gen even tho y'all still begging for Xbox features. All that mattered at the start of this gen was no camera, no always online, and 1080p 60fps. Then you all went out and bought the Sony camera for playroom :snoop:

If I told a single lie, point it out and I'll ban myself for 30 days. Otherwise, be ashamed of your behavior :palm:
Buht buht they already doing it.

Just go let the police install a 4k camera in your living room already you sad bum.

You may as well call the white man daddy

:dame:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I never said it wasn't ...

The gaming division lost money from 06 to 09. It's there in the financials. No one is disputing that. And it was huge. 2 bill to 1 bill to 500 milli to less than a hundred milli. Finally turned a profit in 2010. No one is disputing that.

You said they lost money 9 straight years. Lies.

Another lie was that Playstation was their biggest division during that time. Another untruth.

If Playstation folded or was spun off during that bleeding 4 year period, that would not have meant the end of Sony. That is my point period. Their electronics, movie, TV, music, and financial services would have been more than enough to keep the afloat as they still brought in almost 90% of all their revenue then.

Nowadays the Gaming division is bringing in almost 36% of revenue and 37% of net income (fy 2017 figures). It would hurt significantly more today than back then

Never said they lost money 9 years in a row.

Never said PlayStation was their biggest division.

You made all that up :stopitslime:

Again. PS3 almost bankrupt Sony. Those are facts.

Black Nate Grey

The God Emperor of Mankind
Daps
I wanted to buy the next Xbox console but there are two possible problems. The first is a powerful enough PC renders an Xbox redundant. The second is I hate this games as a service, multiplayer battle royale trend, subscription trend. MS seems to be pushing for this along with EA and Ubisoft. I prefer Single player, narrative rich games with the occasional multiplayer chaos.

I tried to keep an open mind but it looks like I will be buying a Sony console for the third generation in a row smh. They and people like CD Projekt Red put out games I like.

I hope Sony aren't arrogant though, make shyt backwards compatible and be consumer friendly and you'll win the next gen as well its not that hard, MS like to shoot themselves in the foot.

MS is moving far too forward, too fast. Their vision isn't viable without widely available, bomb ass, affordable internet. Even then, I Don't want to have to pay out the ass to unlock characters or content unless it is worth it.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Never said they lost money 9 years in a row.

Never said PlayStation was their biggest division.

You made all that up :stopitslime:

Again. PS3 almost bankrupt Sony. Those are facts.

You said what happened from 2006-2014

The PS3 era lost them money, they posted year after year of losses. PS3 was a bad project from a financial standpoint just like everything else they were doing during that era.

They got new leadership and a new strategy and PS4 saved them.

That does not change what happened from ~2006-2014

All the mental gymnastics in the world won't save your argument. Remove the PS3 and Sony does not go out of business in any way, shape, or form.

Sony music, TV, electronics, finance ,and Columbia pictures does not magically disappear without Playstation.

They also made money 3 straight years with the PS3 until the PS4 launch.

Playstation bankrupt =/= Sony Bankrupt.

But continue to Juelz a losing argument.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
You said what happened from 2006-2014

All the mental gymnastics in the world won't save your argument. Remove the PS3 and Sony does not go out of business in any way, shape, or form.

Sony music, TV, electronics, finance ,and Columbia pictures does not magically disappear without Playstation.
What the fukk are you even arguing here. Nobody said Sony would go out of business if the PS3 didn’t exist.

fukk wrong with you breh:dahell:

They also made money 3 straight years with the PS3 until the PS4 launch.

Playstation bankrupt =/= Sony Bankrupt.

But continue to Juelz a losing argument.
You don’t understand what the fukk you are saying here.

Not losing money on hardware sales =/= PlayStation making money.

They stopped losing money on hardware sales in 2010/11 they did not make a net profit on the PS3 project overall.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
What the fukk are you even arguing here. Nobody said Sony would go out of business if the PS3 didn’t exist.

fukk wrong with you breh:dahell:

You don’t understand what the fukk you are saying here.

Not losing money on hardware sales =/= PlayStation making money.

They stopped losing money on hardware sales in 2010/11 they did not make a net profit on the PS3 project overall.

You said PS3 almost bankrupt Sony :birdman: